Ralph II - Wide bodied V8 RX7

Thread in 'Project Cars and Builds Threads' started by mph_saab, Aug 26, 2009.

1. driftingunited

driftingunited New Member

nice engine matt car is lookin good
    its gunna be a flyer mate have fun with it wen its finished

2. 2Uncool

2Uncool New Member

Narley FD you got there Matt. I see V8 on a little ricer has become a trend these days. Not my cup of team but the argument is on a patriotic level. Side from that I had a question about your seat purchase. I wanted to know why did you deside on a bucket seat with side impact head protection. The thing is that I have bought Cobra Evolution myself but have had a bit of a bad feedback on it. Would you say it has a view issue when going sideways?

Best of luck and and a huge wallet!
    2unCool.

3. mph_saab

mph_saab MPH Customs

I was running the Cobra Evolution seat this year and loved it, the sides are higher and the side impact head protection is good for when passengers heads are flying around :p keeps them in the seat.

Never had an issue with vision as you can easily look sideways and forwards - only thing I see behind me is smoke!!

Sod everyone else mate - I've had a few people ask me why I've done some bits the way I have and my reply is cause its my car and thats how I wanted it done!! :thumbs:

4. dannyboyS14a

dannyboyS14a Active Member

I know its not quite as exciting, but its not that bad! :D

5. erdensine

erdensine Member

This is EPIC build mate
    keep us updated :thumbs:

6. V12

V12 Member

Word!
    And thats the only way you should do it!

7. h_rose4

h_rose4 Member

quality build, looking forward to seeing the finished article!

8. mph_saab

mph_saab MPH Customs

You and me both :D

Starting to loose enthusiasm atm - been stressing me out so much recently. Been having major clutch issues over the passed few weeks!
    Currenlty on my 3rd master cylinder and 2nd slave.

First master cylinder - mentioning no names but the person who sold it to me decided to modify it by chopping the thread short and didn't have a long enough throw.

Ordered a new one same spec but with full length thread and it wasn't man enough for the job - once again someone messing me about and not doing there maths correctly.

So I decided to look on some of the american chevy sites and see if anyone has done any clutch mods and they seemed to all rave about the AP Racing master. So I bought one of those, all fitted and started bleeding and POP something lost pressure and started pissing fluid everywhere.

Traced the leak back to the gearbox - grrr either the pipe that goes to the slave or the slave itself - personally I thought it was the slave so I bought a new one before wripping the box out.

Box out again and slave looks good but the nipple off the end of the pipe had broken off - how I don;t know?? New pipe and new slave in all bolted up.

Tried to bleed last night but it was late by the time it was all bolted up and just didn't have the patients to keep trying to get the air out the system so I will carry on later - hopefully try and put some pressure in the system to force it all out.

*fingers crossed*

9. alex_200sx

alex_200sx Active Member

Haha, what was up with yours on the day? Did seem to be quite troublesome. Was amusing texting MattFDUK when I was there telling him it was running and out on track and him not believing me cause he'd been talking to Matt H's missus.

Ok was probably funnier at the time :wack:

10. mph_saab

mph_saab MPH Customs

Another little update:

Still got no clutch :(

Ordered a big brake conversion - 330mm discs all round with 8-pot on the front and 6-pot on the rear :D

Found out the brake lines that I've had made have the wrong fittings on so I need to strip those out again and have them re-made :smash:

My toyo R888's arrived the other day! 255/40 17 mmmmm

Wiring is nearly all done - just waiting for my dash to be finished by my lovely girlfriend, fit that wire in the Defi's and that's the wiring sorted.

If anyone live's in West London and wants a prize for bleeding my clutch please step forward lol. I really hate brake fluid now, I've tasted it, rolled in it, had it in my eye, clothes, ow and due to the amount of time's I've tried to bleed it its now fduking my paintwork around by the reservoir! grr

I'm going to get drunk at the BDC diner and dance :D

11. mph_saab

mph_saab MPH Customs

Still having clutch issues - been on the phone/email to Spec Clutch - America and they have been very very helpfull and are sending me another clutch plate as we think this one is damaged.

[​IMG]

Wiring is all finished, just need to run a few p-clips round the new loom to tidy it up :D

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Brake lines/clutch lines are all run and brakes have been bled.

[​IMG]

Thank you very much to Performance Plastics for the windows :thumbs:

[​IMG]

Big thank you to Chantelle and Brian @ PAG Sheet Metal for my awesome dash and all the metal fab work on the car - its away being flocked as we speak :)

[​IMG]

Just need to mount the oil cooler now and change the oil, get a few little problems out the way and then we're ready for bodywork :cool: woooo hooooo!!!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

12. Mode

Mode Member

No words
    [​IMG]

13. DtheBUK

DtheBUK Active Member

This car is ridiculous, looks like there's nothing you havnt uprated!

its going to be a mental drifter!!

14. Jables

Jables New Member

Matt,
    Justin from SPEC here.. Car looks awesome!! You've done one hell of a job putting this thing together!
    That new disk should be there i guess any day now! according to tracking this morning it had arrived at East Midlands Airport.

I look forward to seeing this beast in action soon! If you have anymore issues you know how to find me!

Thanks,
    Justin

15. mph_saab

mph_saab MPH Customs

Hey Justin, Thanks again for all your help - spoke to UPS this morning it will be here tomorrow :D can't wait getting all excited again!!

Will let you know how it goes :thumbs:

16. Jables

Jables New Member

Awesome.. Glad it got there without a hitch!! I look forward to hearing some new updates!! And i wanna see some dyno sheets!!!

17. FlikstRR

FlikstRR 330D powered

dont we all...

in fact .. i take that back.. i just want an mp3 of it being used lol. audioNirvana

18. Jables

Jables New Member

I'm with you on that one!!!

19. mph_saab

mph_saab MPH Customs

I have a clutch!!! woop woop!!

Still a few gremlins to sort out but it is now disengaging and we went for a little spin round the block :p was awesome :D :D

Big thanks to Justin @ Spec Clutches for getting me out a new clutch express delivery :thumbs:

20. thomas_mk6

thomas_mk6 Member

good news matey, cant wait to see it in action