155 MPH bike crash

Thread in 'Other Chat' started by Genjuro, Oct 10, 2005.

1. Bladerider

Bladerider Ajudged scoundrel !!

To be totally honest,

I think its entirely feasible.

I agree that the speed of 155mph is likely to be a random number, in fact it could be more or less in my view - anywhere from 110-170, given that alot of the damage on the car is the wrong way round for the direct impact of the bike and was caused by the car flipping over. Obviously some of the damage was also caused by the fire crew that must have attended a particularly bloody scene.

You dont really need to wonder too much about the cause, I understand what Davey is saying, but if a car was able to pull out on a bike, then the bike was at fault. You need to ride in a way that allows you to make up at least 75% of the skills of the traffic around you if that makes sense. That said, it can be VERY easy to lapse for a moment and on a powerful bike this would be easy to do - not sure if its a NC30 or an RC30 (cant be an RC45 as the rear end is wrong), I have seen a few race spec bikes run that rear wheel though - and end up at 120+.

I can understand why its being used as its so jaw dropping, but its still a sad picture from where I am sitting.

J.

2. TaxiDori

TaxiDori BEER CLINCH

forgot to quote....

ignore this post.

#22 TaxiDori, Oct 11, 2005
    Last edited: Oct 11, 2005
  3. TaxiDori

TaxiDori BEER CLINCH

ok most of that I can agree with. As for my reaction in my first post, it wasn't speed that caused that intial thought it was the fact it was at an intersection. Speed isn't always bad, or unsafe, IMO at all, however the surroundings are a key factor. For example 50 in a 30 outside a school is out right stupid, but say 120mph on a certified 150mph road, should be legal, in the right weather conditions.

As for the article, I guess we'll never know if the facts are real or not.

I also didn't realise his speed was only estimated.

4. daveyboy

daveyboy S13 For Sale

I stand corrected on your initial reaction Zenki. :)

Anyway, are we cool? We seem to be on the same level now, well, kind of.

5. TaxiDori

TaxiDori BEER CLINCH

6. SuperRetard

SuperRetard Active Member

That's an NC30 with a 17" rear wheel, nicked from a Ducati. If somebody's gone to the trouble of fitting an Ohlins and a 17" wheel, they've probably killed off the 180km/h restriction too, so it could be have been doing 130 to 140mph max...

Anyway. A bike, going very fast, has penetrated a car at a perpendicular angle. I'm afraid the police could dangle this in front of as many bikers as they like, and not get any mileage from it.

All I (and other bikers) think is: ""I smell of wee""I smell of wee""I smell of wee""I smell of wee"ing myopic car driver. Hope he got what the rider got."

Harsh, unfounded, but unfortunately for the more PC amongst thee, TRUE!

7. Jalfrezi

Jalfrezi Member

thats bollocks, doing let's say 140mph approaching an intersection is just plain stupid and cost two people their lives as well as his own, the rider was a prize cock.

He was travelling at 60m/s, so if the driver only glanced out of his window to check the traffic (which we all do, rightly or wrongly) he would never have been able to judge the speed of some dick doing 140mph :smash: