A thread on sxoc, your thoughts please

Thread in 'Other Chat' started by Hexham-Scotty, Feb 22, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. iamben

iamben Active Member

Lol Sam. :thumbs:

If you want a 6666 kit, you will buy a 6666 kit. Like what Billy said, if you want something bad enough and you want the best, you will buy the best/genuine or whatever it is.

Unfortunatly i can see it from the other end of the spectrum, i dont have a high paid job, i dont have alot of cash, I'm not 35 and sitting on a nice wad of earnings for the last ten years, so if i had a datsun and i wanted a Rocket Bunny look, i'd consider the copies. At the end of the day its only gonna get smashed off anyway but it wont have cost me thousands for the pleasure.

2. yogi bear

yogi bear Active Member

imitation is the highest form of flattery!

so what, it happens. everywhere. just be proud you are the originator.

i have a friend that owns a company, apex have ripped off his products with inferior tat. he knows that is definitely a copy as he even sent one of his item to apex performance. and hey ho before you know it they are selling said product.
    it's not like you have even developed the product yourself with your own time and effort, you only import the kits.

time will tell, and if your product is superior, then it will survive the imitations in the market. that is probably one of the reasons why my friend is still in business, stronger than ever. his products, quality and customer service can not be rivaled

3. MrNick

MrNick I love Ibiza!

so what would RB do if scotty now said the market is fooked because of this and RB should put pressure on Apex to prevent them selling this further..or let scotty be there representitive and begin prosecution ?

if not scotty might as well take the kit off and without knowing;) let it fall in the hands of a fibreglasser and copy it then market it at less than the apex kit on sxoc

in the history of copy kits the only company to come down hard was ferrari when kits were made for the Z..AFAIK

i do feel for you coz that kit is so unique and sexy but you can't blame others for buying it ...the problem is with the band wagon sellers

go knock on there door and tell them how you feel and you will not rest until its withdrawn ...if they don't withdraw ...copy it and sell it at cost (if RB are not helpful) just to fook em /////:smash:

#63 MrNick, Feb 23, 2010
    Last edited: Feb 23, 2010
  4. Mattyboi

Mattyboi Active Member

yeah i know, its fucking ghey. Just front up and say its a copy, but its cheaper so you have a choice.

3K isnt a rip off if its exclusive and being chosen for a body kit is kinda cool, because it means it is exclusive and your not going to see one on every third car in BDC like you do with most kits.

Is that right about being chosen though? if it is, and they do cost 3K, then you can see why someone copied it. If its not attainable by price or because they wont let you have one then they`ve fucked themseleves really. Drifters are generally skint and arent going to spend that much. But again, some people, like me, would buy a real one reguardless just so i could say "i`ve got a real one", just like i would with wheels and anything else.

5. DoriDave

DoriDave ~~Sore-Arse~~

I don't even know why you're replying to this thread mate, you've always been a 'no aero' man!!!

6. iamben

iamben Active Member

Only because everyones shocked and horrified but as far as i can see, only cos it's Scotty thats repping RB. If it was an unknown company that was selling genuine RB kits and this AB stuff come along, everyone would be saying "oh great, cheap RB reps, cool shit man!"

Nick, do you really think that Scotty after having the RB kit for over a year hasnt made a single copy?? Who's gonna know? RB are in Japan and the cars gonna look identical when painted and stickered. If Scotty hasnt copied it then i will shake his hand. It'd be one of the first things i'd do if i was going to compete.

7. DoriDave

DoriDave ~~Sore-Arse~~

I see your point Ben, but we all know what lengths Scotty went through to get the kit and rights to sell them. All that hard work means fuck all when Cheapo McRipoff came on the scene, and I don't beleive for one second ABW had no idea the kit already existed with the coverage the 'BUNNY' had last year!

8. Boo_kong

Boo_kong aka boo_kong

dose this mean if i buy the ROCKET BUNNY DUCKTAIL off ebay and put some big ass arch's on my car i will get grilled for it? if so ill not get the bits.....

i dont want to copy but i do like the look.

9. DoriDave

DoriDave ~~Sore-Arse~~

Each to their own, but I know I won't be getting the cheapo bunny stuff if I was in the market for such a kit.

10. MrNick

MrNick I love Ibiza!

If Scotty hasnt copied it then i will shake his hand. It'd be one of the first things i'd do if i was going to compete.

11. Boo_kong

Boo_kong aka boo_kong

so what i can get the originals then? lol sorry iv really not done my research here but something i was thinking of doing.

12. DoriDave

DoriDave ~~Sore-Arse~~

Are you asking the forums permission to get the copies? Do what you want!

13. jj205mi

jj205mi Member

lets hope lambo doesnt catch wind of this :dw:

[​IMG]

14. MrNick

MrNick I love Ibiza!

:confused::confused:?

15. Boo_kong

Boo_kong aka boo_kong

whats the liink to the real bits? i didn't know you could buy this stuff, i thought Scotty's kit was just a one off. hence why i was looking at the ebay duck tail.

16. Mattyboi

Mattyboi Active Member

No you cant. And you cant watch tv anymore, because i said so. And eat your greens or you`ll be off to bed with no pudding. Go and do your home work.

17. Boo_kong

Boo_kong aka boo_kong

haha. nvm...

18. lol

lol Guest

Everything gets copied eventually, and if it wasn't for the personal connection with Scotty - as we all love him - we'd probably all be raving about this exciting new development ;)

2nd post on this thread: "pretty cool! rocket bunny copies ya?"

FFS . . . it's what the Japs have been doing with EVERYTHING for years!

Any Jap car drivers on here? . . . Cos way back somewhere your car is probably a copy of something.

I used to have a business many years ago supplying and fitting stick on dashboard kits. They're still available today (nothing to do with me though).

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/2008-08-2009-...arts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM?hash=item19b9febaf8

I had some good customers, including many franchised car dealers. A company on the south coast got hold of them, copied them, and sold them mail order. I was out of business virtually overnight. Shit happens.

lol

#78 lol, Feb 23, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 23, 2010
  19. Boo_kong

Boo_kong aka boo_kong

ok well if Scotty's not got a website selling this shit I'm going to get the dacktail off egay.
    its not as if I'm going to be painting my car the same color or using the same stickers.

20. Tony200

Tony200 Member

My thoughts first off is that the apex kit is a blatent (Although very very slightly) different copy of the rocket bunny kit. They obviously knew they were gonna walking on thin ice with this one hence the subtle changes.

I can understand completly why Scotty would be pissed off. However is this not something that the manufacturers need to arggue it out over??

Stuff like this pisses me off why go through the trouble of manufacturing something to a good quality but just ripp off someone else design. Be original FFS. I can think of loads of manunfacturers and traders who do this but this aint a slagging thread.

Good on Scotty for kicking up a fuss! I hope you get some results:thumbs:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.