6 Point Harneses

Thread in 'Technical Questions' started by Th3 Ging4 NinjR 32, Jul 13, 2010.

1. Th3 Ging4 NinjR 32

I have just picked up a 6 point harness and i have a couple Q hope u can help.

1 sholder strap is longer than the other is this correct?

and with that i have alot of slack and it just dont sit correct

help please

2. Vova

Vova Member

Harnesses are adjustable. It is also a very risky business if you install them wrong, even by a bit, better make (very) sure what you are doing, i.e. ;

- Angle of the belts
    - Mounting points
    - Mounting point reinforcement
    - Lenght
    - Wrapping

For instance, shoulder belts should be going straight back, not downward to the floor like so many do, as a great angle like that will compress your collar bones in a forward shunt, with consoquences ranging from bruising to broken.

3. jason2800

jason2800 Confused E36

4. ben lukkie

ben lukkie Member

brrrr, thats some nasty injuries :$ I rather break my legs

5. Th3 Ging4 NinjR 32

Thanks for the info. Q tho does 1 strap longer than the other sound normal to u? Or are they
    Ment to be same lenth

6. Vova

Vova Member

Jason just hit the nail on the head there, I was trying to find that article with no succes. But again like Jason said, make sure everything is up tight every time, than that will not happen.

To repeat myself again (in answering your question), thr straps should be the same length. 2 equal shoulder straps, 2 equal hip straps and 1 or 2 crothstraps. It is possible they come set unequal from factory, all you have to do is just adjust them, but that should be pretty obvious if you ask me. And no offence, if the latter is the case and that didn't occur to you, I'd leave mounting them to a more qualified person in this particular area.

Have a read here too:
    Installation- and Operating Instructions

7. Th3 Ging4 NinjR 32

I just wanted to know if they was ment to be same lenth because the shoulder straps are different and so are the hips. So if that is no correct i will be going bk to them.

8. Captain Muppet

Captain Muppet Pro-tard

I'm confused - your belts are different lengths so the harness doesn't fit. But the belt lengths are all adjustable, so why not adjust them so they fit?