Super Cheap V8 Drifty Fun !!

Thread in 'Drift cars for sale' started by Sideways Steve, Aug 3, 2010.

1. Sideways Steve

I now moved back to Japanese cars so no longer require my TVR Chimaera.

Shes a 4.3 V8 Big Valve model which puts out around 280bhp according to the limited information you can find on this rare model.

280bhp with 305 lbft (414 NM) of torque at just 4000RPM with a red line of 7000 RPM :)

This car is not to be confused with the usual 4 litre variant as there were only a handful of these made.

To add to this awesome engine she is also fitted with a full stainless sleeved sports exhaust so sounds phenominal !

The interior was fully retrimmed last year in cream faux leather with brown carpet.

MOT till March 2011
    Tax till Sept 2010

Mileage is 87,000 miles.

She is mechanically sound and has now had a full overhaul of the handbrake as it did not work, it was a nightmare to do but as a result it now actually works very very well unlike most TVR's! However cosmetically she needs a bit of TLC.

The chassis is solid as the outriggers which are known to fail on TVR's were all replaced last year too.

I have lots of receipts and service history from TVR dealerships along with old MOT's etc too. Basically theres a folder full of stuff that comes with the car.

Also she is fitted with a TVR fully remote alarm system with central locking and 2 keys with fobs.

Overall shes a solid and very fast car, but bearing in mind shes 17 years old now does need a little TLC details of which are below, please also see the picture of the bonnet which will need flatting back and painting (more details below !)

I used her daily with no issues albeit the power in the wet can be a handful if your not used to cars like this so I would advise the new owner takes it easy at first !

I'm looking for a very quick sale due to lack of space so despite her being a very rare model I have priced it to sell based on its current condition.

People who know TVR's say its worth a fair bit of money due to the rarity so for someone willing to spend time tidying up all the wee bits and bobs you could grab yourself a bargain.

Heres is a list of what needs doing to make it spotless:

1) Interior carpet needs refitting properly into door trims.

2) Gauge panel needs fake wood chipped off and then painted to match lower gauge panel. (Alternatively you can get stainless steel replacements for £65 off eBay)

3) Bonnet needs painted and laquer redone (car had a race stripe, I peeled it off and it lifted the laquer and some previous paint which was hiding some stonechips - picture is attached and shows the extent of this. Was quoted £300 to sort it)

4) Rear driver side roll bar bush needs replaced.

5) Stereo has been removed so requires to be replaced

6) Electric mirrors need a broken wire repaired between door and body of car.

7) Leather dash covering needs a trim and tidy as when they retrimmed it they didnt stick a bit down very well.

8) Slight crack on passenger side of the windscreen (NOT MOT FAILURE)

9) Hood has some wear

So like I say, its mainly silly little cosmetic things. but hence why I have it priced low.

Please bear in mind this is a chance to own a very rare car which turns heads everywhere it goes.

I work office hours so please text or email rather than call if you have any questions before 6pm.

Email - Stevehannah@me.com
    Call/Text - 07540198037

£3600 !!!

Pictures:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Bonnet Pic
    [​IMG]

#1 Sideways Steve, Aug 3, 2010
    Last edited: Aug 3, 2010
  2. karlos28

karlos28 Member

what a bargain!! i would love that thing!

3. Sideways Steve

Forgot to give you some power figures so have added to the description but ....

280bhp with 305 lbft (414 NM) of torque at just 4000RPM with a red line of 7000 RPM :)

That sort of power and torque in a fibreglass bodied shell means a top speed of 160mph and 0-60 in 4.5 seconds

The weight of the car is a mere 1060 kgs !!! so as you can imagine it goes very very well indeed !

It has a mechanical diff and locks up very well so is ideal for skidding about if you have big enough balls ! LOL

4. Al_s13

Al_s13 Member

Interested in a swap for a motorbike?

5. Sideways Steve

Ideally im after cash only however what bike you got ? :)

Also just to add folks, Im not asking crazy money for this. Its currently the cheapest Chimaera for sale in the UK by a long way and is priced so low for a hassle free sale. This in short means if your interested come and see it to decide if its for you. The description is accurate as can be and it honest and truthfull. The car is stored 50 miles form my house as like I say I have no space for 2 cars so asking for further photos etc etc really isnt likely to happen unless im specifically over at teh car to let someone see it. Otherwise Id be running up huge fuel bills running back and forward and taking up time I dont have. In honesty I dont see how thats "hassle free"

If I was asking top money for the car then fair play, but I am not. You wont find a cheaper RUNNING MOT'd & TAXED Chimaera I can assure you.

6. Perriss21

Perriss21 Active Member

bargain:nod:

weak offset wheels though:wack:

7. Liam.

Liam. Active Member

This is stupidly cheap! If i diddnt have 3 cars already i would bite our arm off!
    GLWS

8. Sideways Steve

Car is now sold

9. tokyo-ben

tokyo-ben Active Member

was that the real no plate?bargin at that price

10. rearwheelsteer

rearwheelsteer Active Member

blooody helll that was quick not surprised at that price!