Its here! (another GT5 thread)

Thread in 'Other Chat' started by nissanlover, Nov 5, 2010.

1. royal

royal S1- F.T break!

I'm loving this game. I got it yesterday along with a driving force GT Logitech steering wheel and it's the nuts. Having a steering wheel and pedals is amazing, transforms it from a computer game where you're doing all the unrealistic pad tricks to actually being like a car. We were buzzing all night playing it! It might just be me not having played much but I reckon you have to go through all the licences with the slower cars to make it worthwhile. Just jumping on the fast cars in arcade mode was great but didn't really show how good the physics were as I was just throwing it around and trying not to crash. That said the Lambo rocks in arcade mode, the diff and balance is brilliant! you can throw it into monster fast slides over the hills, you just need to return the steering early to catch it.

2. Joe-sef

Joe-sef -Broseph-

im still with Andy this is abit rubbish.

last night me and Jon smith jsut jumped on forza, mental realistic drifting door to door.

to play GT5,

I have to buy a Ps3
    Buy the game.
    now to get a cltuch and any kind of remotly realistic handling i need to get a steering wheel?

i hope theres going to be patchs? 1 for a clutch to be added, 1 for the Gay as fuck chase cam. and 1 to stop as soon as you put any oppsite lock on, the car finding the nearest wall. 1 to get the handbrake to work like a handbrake not like a oil slick.

3. martyn_sx

martyn_sx Active Member

i love my trampy 240 glx estate in brown , with 10deg of camber lol

4. Jak

Jak Mighty Mini

Is it as bad as the forums say it is? I.e. the standard cars are apparently just imported from GT4?

Really want it, but can't justify spending £300 near enough just to play an unfinished game (albeit one I've been looking forward to for years)

5. nos4speed

nos4speed Member

A mate of mine just bought a PS3 and a TV just for gt5 today, and he's loving it loads, although he had no expectations of it to begin with.
    Im still to skint to go grab my copy of it =(

6. Joe-sef

Joe-sef -Broseph-

if i didnt install the stuff when i first loaded GT5 how do i do it now?

7. Phil Mann

Phil Mann Member

Go to the options, go right to the bottom and it is in one of those 3 options.

Any tips on the LSD tuning??

8. Gavwan

Gavwan Back to Black

On the Levin I'm using now I bought an LSD, haven't touched it and it locks up mint. Rather than massively upgrading the front tyres (the mistake I made yesterday) I just bought the mid level suspension and stiffened the dampening up one -MINT!

Still not totally owning it but quite liking the fact that you have to get used to each cars querks.

Sorry that's totally not answered your question but the more I messed around with the Sileighty yesterday, the harder it got so thought I'd keep it simple today.

9. [jay]

[jay] Member

the only real isssue with gt5 for me is the clutch pedal when using a wheel (im using a g27) no clutch kicking possible! push the clutch down and it doesnt re-engage until u move the shifter into another gear. fail
    anyone else got clutch issues using a wheel? obviously its fine for racing, but was hopin for some nice drift action with the wheel

edit. game wont work now just get error 80010514. gutted
    anyone else seen this error? quick internet search gives some results so im not alone

#289 [jay], Nov 27, 2010
    Last edited: Nov 27, 2010
  10. Mau5

Mau5 Member

Seen it, what I done was delete the game data and re-install, have you downloaded the update?

11. [jay]

[jay] Member

yeh it downloaded the update, i had the error when i first put the game in, but a restart of the ps3 made it load then it was fine. but today it just errors again and again.
    i did this recovery console thing for corrupt data, redownloaded the update then error again. dont have a clue what to do. 6 years, piss fucking poor

12. bamber

bamber 'The Vision'

i'm using a G25 and clutch kicking works fine:] possibly a glitch with the G27? can't see why it would be that much different though:S

13. Paddy

Paddy Speedhunter

I'm really enjoying this, I think the drifting is really good, much more difficult but that's probably a good thing. Love how all the cars handle completely differently and how a 219BHP EK9 feels really quick.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I find the RX7 really hard to drive but with all the weight so far back it should be. 370Z and FT86 are awesome to drive, nice and progressive.

14. JamesVX

JamesVX Dubstepper

Go to your Garage, click on the car you want to tune, there will be a button that says 'tuning' click that and then go to the section you want tuning e.g suspension, if you have the part that allows you to do so, there will be a little dial next to the Suspension you have installed, click that and tweak :D

15. JamesVX

JamesVX Dubstepper

Paddy, whats your PSN name? i swear i was drifting with you in that 370z earlier?!

16. Sk3rry

Sk3rry Member

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

I love GT5 lovin the smoke :dw::smokin: overall very good game just wish there was more stylin stuff could be done

17. JamesVX

JamesVX Dubstepper

Anyone up for a skid session atm?

Add us :)

Jackniksmith

18. Sk3rry

Sk3rry Member

Has anyone ever rolled the car whilst driftin in gt5 ??? or am i the first ?

19. nos4speed

nos4speed Member

I want this game soo bad =( kinda wish Id bought this last week rather than an actual car haha
    if anyone wants to add me online i should hopefully get it next week and il be up for some drifty fun, PSNID- nos4speed
    until then its back to battlefield to do some humvee drifts =P

20. Mau5

Mau5 Member

Done it in an rx7, must want you to, even got a trophy for it :D