NFS Shift 2 Unleashed

Thread in 'Other Chat' started by Paster, Feb 9, 2011.

1. Andy_F

Andy_F S13+S15=S28?

I can't stand it when people keep bleating 'it will be shit' before having seen any proper footage of it, let alone having played it. Sure, the first was a let down, but this one looks good enough to warrant at least giving it the benefit of the doubt until release, then seeing how it fairs.

2. identiti

identiti Member

Its got an fc! Im buying it!

3. Flipfoot

Flipfoot 三日坊主

4. zeppelin101

zeppelin101 Member

They have a long history of producing pretty crap and one dimensional games, can you blame anyone for tarring their new product with the same brush? lol

5. Nikolas4g63

Nikolas4g63 Member

I agree with the guy that told they should put LFS guys do their think on the physics !
    If that will happen it will be the Most AWESOME sim game ever made.. and i would pay what ever they tell me to get that..
    That will never happen though so im stickin with LFS which RULES !!!

Listening to speedhunters and their pro racers giving it a go and telling us that this is the "SHIZNIT" doenst realy stand cause cmoon.. they r sponsored by NFS..
    and even the pro racer give feedback on the game and supposly make it better... how is that even possbile withe a F****N xbox controller !!Cmoonnn

6. Sea Squirrel

Sea Squirrel Jeff Mills Is Watching!

This /\ but also NFS: Porsche Unleashed. That was a truly entertaining game. To my mind the last of the decent NFS games as they stopped having even the hint of realism after that. At least back in the 90's it was just an entertaining game because there were no 'simulation' racers, really, so it was pure fun.

7. Paddy

Paddy Speedhunter

[​IMG]

:)

8. Nikolas4g63

Nikolas4g63 Member

Yes ive seen that too its Tomy Milner he is a simracer long time now..
    I was just wondering why not ALL the PRO drivers try the game with the wheel?
    There is no point of giving feedback to a racing game while u play it with a controller..

9. Paddy

Paddy Speedhunter

Tommy is not just a sim-racer, he's an established sports car driver will be driving for Corvette in the 2011 Le Mans Series.

How do you know that not all the pro drivers tried the game with the wheel ? I think you've prejudged the game before you've even had a chance to play it. Although I'm not in anyway involved in the making of the game, I've seen the amount of effort and work being put into it by people who really care about cars and motorsport. These aren't some random people trying to cash in on something, but a group of people who really care about what they deliver.

I'm really looking forward to trying it out, especially after reading Rod's post regarding physics.

10. Nikolas4g63

Nikolas4g63 Member

Yes i know that he is.. :)
    Well i wasnt there to know for sure but all the sites that review the game say ... i am hoping that we are wrong and the shut us up with some good physics.. Yes i agree that they care for cars and making the game a better one but if you remember they did that last time and they were all about telling us that they were involved from the beggening and they think the game is as close as u can get to the real thing...( i remember this for sure in a Vaughn Gittin NFS vid)
    and after the release the game BAM...... CRAPOLA in the house...
    so who would i believe ?
    for now my mind is down on this.. i hope i REALY REALY hope im wrong !!!!

11. Flipfoot

Flipfoot 三日坊主

One would guess they tried it with wheel and with controller as you know there are some people who, #SHOCK HORROR# dont own a steering wheel for the console! (The Shame!!!).
    So they would need to try try it on both to ensure a balance between the two. Simples.

12. sideways.taff

sideways.taff - www.tafftune.com -

13. Paster

Paster ....

Fappin hell! Fair play Bryn :thumbs:

Also.. Bathhurst... Get In :D :D

14. Fasckira

Fasckira Member

Ive been invited to the EA offices on the 16th-19th this month to piss around with Shift 2, looking forward to giving it a go! Will be able to post a bit about it providing I dont get nailed with NDAs. :)

15. Paz

Paz -NIGHTSPIRIT FAMILY- UK Drift Since 2001

Our Taff, the modelling is awesome as ever, stuff is looking fantastic! (apart from the upgraded front bumper on the cam, it needs indicator/sidelight holes and a long vent across the front.. And the rubbing strips need to die!)

But is this version gonna be good?

16. matt

matt -NIGHTSPIRIT FAMILY-

Fair comment, if it weren't for the fact thats EXACTLY what they kept saying about the first one:wack:

17. sideways.taff

sideways.taff - www.tafftune.com -

Yeh I know about the 86 lol. I didn't make the upgrades for it but I supplied plenty of reference for it.. seems that the lights were just left out.

18. Pipdub

Pipdub Member

Looks good

19. Fasckira

Fasckira Member

For those who are interested, Im currently at the EA office playtesting this and have just uploaded a quick dump of the notes I took from the Q&A:

Shift 2 Eacd Information - World Garage

Also got random video footage of the playtesting going on which gives you a good variation of all the ingame graphics and modes:

#39 Fasckira, Mar 17, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 3, 2017
  20. Nikolas4g63

Nikolas4g63 Member

not impressed how the steering wheel works just for those seconds i saw it.. supposly the wheel and inside wheel would be synced ...
    hope im wrong..