Team Falken UK 675hp V35 Skyline (G35)

Thread in 'Project Cars and Builds Threads' started by Polo, Sep 10, 2010.

1. Morleysport

Morleysport Member

Fair play, this looks awesome!

2. Polo

Polo Sr20 parts man!

Yes lo defo, just can't figer out the best way to do it right now! Needs to be easy to remove and get to, which is proofing difficult lol

3. gaz_moose

gaz_moose .MTM.

you really need to buy a tig. making manifolds with a mig is criminal.
    its nice to see someone else doing cut and shut pipework.

4. NIcad7

NIcad7 DRIFT*DIVISION

Goddamn this is such a mega build thread! Top top work mate!

Can see this becoming one of the best built drift cars in the UK :nod:

5. kam

kam I've touched Chris Parry

How come you have used 2 wastegates but then gone 2-1-2 on the pipework?
    Nice work with that pipe radius.

6. Sam H

Sam H Troll Dispatch

Sexual!!!

Will running an oil filter at the turbo restrict flow?

7. Polo

Polo Sr20 parts man!

Defo, i felt dirty migging it!! I could ahve got it tigged by a mate but i dont have time to go back and forth + hes broken a rib!!
    Iv always got my eyes open for a tig ;)

Cheers mate, there is alot to contend with!! Maybe the most detailed, not the best! Chubbys s15 is prety savage!

Two gates is cheaper for one. The reasons for two-one-two is - Its a twin scrol manifold so have to have two out from that, there is not alot of room to run two pipes up and it would be a hell of alot of work and more pipe to break. Also its a good way to balance the pressure between the two gates and the front and rear of the manifold, so if one gate fails il still have some sort of boost controll.

No not atal, this filter was specificly designed to go in a -4 turbo oil feed line :nod:
    The hole in the turbo that the oil goes throgh is .5mm thats half of 1mm lol so tiny! Think how big the serface area on the filter eliment is ;)

8. ian_2turbo

ian_2turbo Member

9. Bon Bon

Bon Bon It'll be fine

But your manifold isn't twin scroll any more, so what's the point??? It's only twin scroll if you keep it seperate, totally pointless otherwise...that dirty big 2 into 1 will ruin it! Re-do it, you have the skills. :p

Turbosmart gates don't fail, mine got set on fire and all sorts and still works fine today..

10. Polo

Polo Sr20 parts man!

its not twin scrol as soon as i bolt the turbo on as its a single scrol turbo :p
    its staying as is, balance is very important for fine tuning!

11. lovesliding2!

lovesliding2! Member

that is so cool man! good luck

12. Polofour

Polofour Member

13. Polo

Polo Sr20 parts man!

There will hopefully be one tonight ;)

14. ross86

ross86 Active Member

just checked out your last few updates paul and your attention to detail rele is suberb mate the time taken on this project will reflect in an amazing build keep it up everyone of your updates makes me wana rip my car apart and start again so ye thanks lol

:thumbs:

15. niko

niko md

Hands down, very impressive work mate. Just one minor correction about flow: as soon as a bent pipe is cut and has edges, you actually do compromise flow.

Shortly explained: at each (first) edge, the flow will separate from the pipe wall and thus "disturb" the main stream. Even if you wouldn't have those edges, the radius might be too small and still cause flow separation to some extent.

Nevertheless, in practice you possibly wouldn't notice a difference and making a science out of one bending is probably not worth it. Limited space always forces one to compromise in one way or another.

Here are some basics to [ame="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Flow_separation"]flow separation[/ame].

Anyway, keep up the good work - I'm learning lots here and you save me some time experimenting a few things. :)

16. diamondsink

diamondsink Kyouto Drift

If we listened to all this science stuff nothing would ever work. Seen pipe work made like that in many builds with no problem. May have an effect if you had the tech to measure it.

17. niko

niko md

Not quite true - without "all this science stuff" there probably wouldn't be any high-performance parts or at least they would have a totally different meaning... As long as one's not building utter shite (which Polo isn't) it will work, the question is what you're trying to achieve and to what extent you want to/must compromise.

#437 niko, Feb 21, 2011
    Last edited: Feb 21, 2011
  18. diamondsink

diamondsink Kyouto Drift

I know it has a massive part to play. It just how much depth you want to get into when fabricating stuff, usual if it looks ok it will be. Would be nice to flow test stuff but its never going to happen on a build outside major motorsport. I agree its a compromise. Anyway enough on that. Keep up the awesome work!!

19. vitoka

vitoka Member

This is Awesome.. Congratulations

20. gibbo s14

gibbo s14 the yarco

this is one epic car ,but really sad that ur not bring this to norfolk. would of been nice to have a gd look around this. gd luck with rest of the build