Old Skool RWD Toyota Ra60 Celica... Ripe for some retro driftiness..!

Thread in 'Drift cars for sale' started by DRIFTMOTION, Feb 15, 2011.

1. DRIFTMOTION

DRIFTMOTION Member

Now with underbody pics...

Right... It kills me to do this... But my recently acquired RA60 must go..! :cry:

I bought this with the intention to use her as a daily driver until I had the time to drift her out... But I have too much going on at the mo and the neighbours are like desperate housewife's..! So I have to reduce my collection.

Was planning on either 3SGE'ing her on ITB's or 20v'ing her (have a 20v engine laying around)

She's done 43k miles from new, Im the third owner and was owned by an old gimmer until last year. Lovely driver and has lots of potential for a drift weapon..! And is totally un-molested..! Sills have been welded in the past, floorpan is untouched and is spotless... Does have a little corrosion to the arches, but nothing major.

Mot'd till December 2011, Taxed till April 2011. The sunroof needs looking at as its leaking (not had the chance to look at it) and is currently bodged with gaffer tape to stop any further leaking, I had intended welding it up.

I have looked into the suspension and have a few CAD designs for +25mm RCA's and Pillowball top mounts. I did remove my AE86 struts and fit them to the Celica (see pics below) But the hubs are not interchangeable and the AE86 brakes are slightly smaller. So my plan was to convert the Celica struts (similar to AE86) to coilovers with trd inserts etc. And do a rear coil conversion.

Would make a great retro drifter and this body shape, I believe was only available in the U.K. for one year, so ultra rare too!

£1000 No Offers

07815 691474

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Underbody Shots

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Rear Suspension Setup.... Similar to AE86, but with IRS

[​IMG]

Here's a few with the AE86 Front strut fitted....

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

And for those who cant quite see the potential....

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

#1 DRIFTMOTION, Feb 15, 2011
    Last edited: Mar 24, 2011
  2. nissanr34cal

nissanr34cal Well-Known Member

what is it, a 2 litre, and how much as a rough guideline

3. DRIFTMOTION

DRIFTMOTION Member

Sorry, its a 2ltr 21R engine... OHV, approx 90hp

As for the price... Im thinking best offer in the region of £1500

4. dougie1142

dougie1142 Member

This is actually very nice, never seen one before but it has potential for sure! Are the MK2's for sale? :)

5. Liam.

Liam. Active Member

Thats realy got me thinking. Never seen one of them before .

6. jap-si

jap-si Active Member

cool as fuck car, always wanted to do one of these. but couldn't find one when i had all the bits there.

bump.

7. DRIFTMOTION

DRIFTMOTION Member

Yeah... Would look daddy slammed... Has a really nice feel to it when sideways, very similar to the AE86... Im really gutted to let her go as the chances of another one coming up in this condition is going to be like hens teeth..!

As for the MK2's... Not at the mo matey... Im using them on my 86 until I have sourced some Watanabe's for the front.

8. davetherave

davetherave Member

9. DRIFTMOTION

DRIFTMOTION Member

Well, think about sending me an offer..! :thumbs:

Si... I still have your old gearbox, a 20v laying about and have done the CAD/CAM designs for the Strut tops which are camber and caster adjustable, RCA's with 25mm extra track... Will do ya a good deal... Gimme a bell if you still have my number matey..!

10. DRIFTMOTION

DRIFTMOTION Member

11. DRIFTMOTION

DRIFTMOTION Member

Thanks for the offers guys... However, if someone wants to go a little further and offers me £1300...

Its Yours..! :thumbs:

12. tathan

tathan Member

I saw this car the other day - cool as fuck. Put it back in the garage and sell it to me at easter time!

13. MikeN

MikeN Member

Oh wow, that looks cool.

14. DRIFTMOTION

DRIFTMOTION Member

Thanks... :thumbs:

Next time you see me matey... Gimme a heads up! Funny, how out of all our friends, only me and a pal gets it..! Everyone thinks its ugly... And it is, but its dam cool..! :cool:

I really dont want to get rid, but needs must and I have to down scale a little. Sorry matey, cant wait till easter.

15. mitsi_matt

mitsi_matt dorihomo

another reason for these being uber rare is that they rotted away like fook! a friend had one around 15years ago n his was bad then & when i say rust not just sills & chassis rails, all the body panels had holes in.

must say it looks in great shape!

16. DRIFTMOTION

DRIFTMOTION Member

Bit of a pointless statement... Name any car from that era that does not suffer from rust?

The Celica Supra MK1, same floorpan blah blah blah... They are more of them surviving today, simply because they were sold in the U.K. for longer.

She has no rust under the floor, has had work done to the sills previously and currently has slight corrosion on the arches... Seen more rust on cars half her age!

#16 DRIFTMOTION, Feb 19, 2011
    Last edited: Feb 20, 2011
  17. tathan

tathan Member

Will do - the other guy who gets it isn't Olivier is it? :wack:

No probs about waiting, I wouldn't expect you to - I'm just gonna be a clone and get another s-body I reckons.

For everyone else, this is a fucking rare and cool car for pennies - someone buy it ffs!

18. DRIFTMOTION

DRIFTMOTION Member

Are you referring to a certain French man?

Nothing wrong with a good ol S-body :thumbs:

Thanks for the comments matey...

19. N.DEE325

N.DEE325 Member

I love this sooo much..
    Would def buy it if I wasn't skint..

Dont suppose you want a T plate BMW 318is and a set of rota torques for px do you?

20. mitsi_matt

mitsi_matt dorihomo

lol not really bud, corollas dont seem to be anywhere near as bad. clica supras either for some reason these seemed particularly bad on the rust front!

anyways was complimenting the condition of the one you have + helping to point out quite how rare they they are thus helping with your sale potentially.:thumbs:

id quite like it myself tbh