Christchurch N.Z

Thread in 'Other Chat' started by V-con Pro, Feb 23, 2011.

1. mr2

mr2 Active Member

Lonewolf i see that on bbc lastnight couldnt get a decent pause to take a pic..

2. iamben

iamben Active Member

That pic proves that even mother nature hates Datsuns.

Good work mother nature. :D

And the kid on the bmx, thats now my background. respect for that attitude.

3. Liam.

Liam. Active Member

Thats bad that i spotted the grow show in the loft ! :smokin:

Rip .

4. CrabsterDrift

CrabsterDrift Callum Craddy

I spotted the S15 before it was shown on BBC (when vid was first put up on youtube).

Those kids on the bikes... Did they set that earthquake up cause that crack has turned out pretty perfect as a bike jump?!

No jokes... Some serious shite caused from that quake! Hope all are ok!

#24 CrabsterDrift, Feb 24, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 3, 2017
  5. V-con Pro

V-con Pro Active Member

6. Autospecs

Autospecs JDM Car Export

The quake was so violent the ground turned to liquid (liquifaction as its known) in places swallowing anything on it, this pickup truck is sunk into the earth, note the plate on it, thats what they will need to get it out of the ground.

[​IMG]

A terrible time for NZ many dead and missing and the survivors are going to have a hard time for days and weeks to come just trying to live in and amongst the devastation.

#26 Autospecs, Feb 24, 2011
    Last edited: Feb 24, 2011
  7. V-con Pro

V-con Pro Active Member

That is intense man,makes sense because chch is apparently built on a huge swamp.

8. mitto

mitto -NIGHTSPIRT FAMILY-

My mum is in NZ, i was crapping my pants for a while as she was heading to Christchurch... she delayed for a few days so she was safe, but has yet to hear from her friends there.

9. big fat nick

big fat nick smells

Its a terrible thing, i have a few mates travelling the south island at the moment, lucky they weren't in Christchurch at the time. Thoughts go out to those affected by it.

However, that guy stood in the crack, is it just me, or is that a bit stupid? Aftershocks aren't exactly uncommon.

10. DevilsTower

DevilsTower full of lulz.

I would definitively not do that. An aftershock would've made minced meat out of him!

Sincere condolences to everyone that lost friends, family and houses!

11. jimmy crowley

jimmy crowley Rouge Dori s15

Pretty shitty there's 12 Irish still uncounted for as far as I know..thankfully that 15 wasnt crushed by that rock..Did the 8.5 not do this sort of damage last year??

12. big_dan

big_dan Active Member

my mate who lives with just come back form living in CC but his family are still there but luckly they are not in the city they are in the outskirts, but he is still trying to get in touch with his mates out there to make sure they are all ok

13. cefiro_drifta

cefiro_drifta Mad pointing Munky

think it was 7.3 iirc and it was deeper. This wasnt as strong but this was alot shallower and the one in september would have seriously weakened things

14. mint

mint touch my fruit

Thoughts go out to all the injured still out there :/ My cousin lives in Aukland.. my geography sucks and when I heard 'Earthquake in New Zealand' i shit a brick!

15. Autospecs

Autospecs JDM Car Export

The ground turns to liquid then when the shaking stops it goes solid again, leaving scenes like this. Talk about ground effects..............

[​IMG]

16. CrabsterDrift

CrabsterDrift Callum Craddy

The 15's front end had some damage (front left wing). If you have a look as the camera is going away you can spot it for a split second!

Im hearing some extremely bad stories from friends/relatives of mine from NZ :\

17. bell

bell Without patience

jesus that could well be my second cousins truck, best go see the grandparants and make sure all the family over there are ok.
    thoughts to everyone out there affected.

18. Sam H

Sam H Troll Dispatch

There are probably millions of yutes and trucks in CC. How on earth did you come to the conclusion that it 'could well be your second cousin's truck'

LOL

19. hug - lo

hug - lo Active Member

No quite a swap but major league low density land with a huge sand/silt content. Underneath this are vast fresh water lakes if you like and thats why things have literally sunk as specs' quite rightly pointed out!.

My Aunt's house has been reduced to a pile of bricks and wood intertwined with personnel belongings, a Harley Fat Boy, 2011 Jeep and 83' Twin cam! Imagine going out to work and coming home to that!!! Seriously fucked!

Ow yeah, no more port hills roads :(

20. cefiro_drifta

cefiro_drifta Mad pointing Munky

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO i was in nz when they were still finishing some of it and most of it didnt have houses on, was just a baron touge style amazing road

hope your family are ok.

Hate to say it but things are only gonna get worse when the reality of it all sets in :(