Teesside Drift Day - 14th March 2011 - £65

Thread in 'Drifting Chat / Pictures / Videos' started by CrabsterDrift, Feb 16, 2011.

1. CrabsterDrift

CrabsterDrift Callum Craddy

That was when it absolutely pissed down :D

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LSpHBLSjwlQ]YouTube - Supra Drift Teesside BDC round 4[/ame]

I'l ask David... not sure he will allow it though. And why? You'd best learn it one way before trying the other ;) And not many people will be able to link from the hairpin to the long bend/south bank!

2. GB / John

GB / John NDC Runner Up 2012

Only the cars with lots of power will be able to come out of the hairpins and link onto the main corner if it was run in reverse?

How come the morning is on the west circuit, is the national track being used for something else? If not can we not choose which track to run on?

3. CrabsterDrift

I'm not sure. I doubt there is anything running on the morning as karting never seems to run during the day much monday - wednesday. Best option would be too ask about using the national circuit BUT its all to do with what marshalls are available/who could start/stop people...

4. steady eddie

steady eddie Member

Running the track in reverse direction may not be one of my better ideas (although I think it would be awesome in theory)
    The probability of at least half the cars hitting those "Shark teeth style" curbs in the wrong direction!!!!:cry::cry::cry: well the damage to wheels alone doesn't dear thinking about.
    Stupid ideas come with the age :o

5. GB / John

Dont really need a marshall, if people use common sense. Only go when last person has got past the first/second hairpin. Would be great to have both tracks running at same time.

6. Corey_XR4I

Corey_XR4I XR4I 24V FTW

ive got a fucking engine thats leaking oil but ive thorougly checked every fucking cm of the bastard thing with no sign of leaks!...

7. CrabsterDrift

It would be awesome! Shamefully noisier too. I'l ask David though!

8. GB / John

Not much noisier, I'm running standard exhaust so no noise from me. ;)

People going for the BDC license could practice all day on the west track, while others are on the national circuit. Both tracks on at the same time would = more seat time for all.

9. CrabsterDrift

Yea it would, just how David runs it though. I don't really have any say on how it is ran, just how it could be ran! (And I don't think he'd allow both tracks at the same time anymore).

I'l ask though.

10. 200sx ste

200sx ste New Member

just got the day off work so al be at this one , trying to stay out of the tyre wall this time

11. ian200sx

ian200sx Member

When's the BBC showing up then Calum?

12. CrabsterDrift

they have not got back in touch yet mate, so it dosent look like they are coming this time :euge:

13. David Wilson

David Wilson Member

Hi guys, sorry I havn't been on for a while. Aparantly having 5 kids kinda takes it out of me! Callum seems to have answered most of your questions.

The question of running both tracks at a time comes down to control. I don't think noise would be an issue with anything. But, for the last couple of drift days, I've been running them as 'track days' which means multiple cars on track at any one time. Now I'm running as a 'test day' which means no chance of two cars colliding and therefore no need for a paramedic (sorry, for now that means no twinning). So, to ensure this there will be extra marshalls on track to ensure cars are stopped if there is a spun car (or renegade bin) ahead.

As for a tyre fitter if anyone has a mobile unit then bring it along and try and make some pocket money or, if not, a66 tyres are open or you could try ATS in the industrial area. I'll give directions for that on the day. Both are within a mile of the track.

The kart race idea doesn't seem to have gone down too well so that ones scrapped to give you another hour of drift time. And finally the bar will be open for refreshments all day from about 9ish.

14. Lovegravy

Lovegravy Member

Callum...i'm gunna be there around 10.i'll be in the grey s13 with the black triangle on the bonnet..will you come find me to sort this video shizz out...?

David would be a good presenter...have you asked him?

#94 Lovegravy, Mar 13, 2011
    Last edited: Mar 13, 2011
  15. Mike@TDSW

Mike@TDSW Active Member

That's a very tidy wet lap whoevers in that supra.

16. AnthDay

AnthDay Member

everyone have fun? cant beleive i wasnt aloud the day off, gutted

17. Corey_XR4I

Corey_XR4I XR4I 24V FTW

18. kroozin86

kroozin86 Member

First time I've seen sun at Teesside this year, I was actually warm for once while watching.

19. baker

baker New Member

Had a mint day even tho I spent most of it on the grass sorry lol. Hope there's sum pics of me looking like I can drift so I can show the kids haha. Can't wait until the next one need to sort the car out 1st

20. ian200sx

ian200sx Member

Weather wants to return for the next one, gutted I missed this! Was getting a coursework brief today, cudnt miss it!