Template Errors: thread_view

1. strpos(): Empty needle in /domains/forum.driftworks.com/http/forum/library/Lgpl/utf8.php, line 444:
    443: 	</div>
    444: </div>';
    445: $__compilerVar11 .= $__compilerVar14;

Lexus IS200 daily

Thread in 'Project Cars and Builds Threads' started by mati, Apr 7, 2011.

1. mati

mati Member

After going through quite a lot of crappy fwd dailies, I decided to get a decent rwd car. I had a few candidates, including a LS400, and a 7 series Beemer. Then I bought a set of HSD coilovers for an IS200, and that kinda narrowed my choices :wack: Anyway after looking at several examples, which were all crap, I found my new car.

It's a 2001 IS200 with the half leather interior. As far as I can tell the only option it's missing is the satnav. Its got 195kkm which seems to be genuine, and from what I can tell it only had minimal accident damage on the right rear quarter.

Oh and the color is awesome:

[​IMG]

I have these waiting to go on:
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Both my current cars:
    [​IMG]

My plans regarding the IS are pretty simple for now, lowering, TE37's, a front lip, and a back box to make it a little louder. After I finish my R32 I'll start looking at superchrargers, or maybe a V8 swap :smash:

2. ilCoyote#37

ilCoyote#37 Member

3. 96_Silvia

96_Silvia New Member

R32's are being confiscated here in the states.. :( so sad

4. junbojames

junbojames Member

why are they being confiscated?!?!?

5. Noddy

Noddy Member

Oooh can't wait to see the stance ! Get this HSD's and Volks on asap !!

6. tomti

tomti Member

??? erm why???

7. kenta

kenta Member

hello

what size te37 18" ?

8. - Fezcock -

- Fezcock - Guest

Just googled it - something to do with the american crash test rating lot having not completed the paperwork for all skylines

R32 R33 and R34 - Sounds/smells like bullshit to me :nod:

9. mestew87

mestew87 Member

What is it like on fuel, i am tempted to get one as a daily as well ?

10. initial_j

initial_j Made guy

well done man.

apart from not being that fast/good on fuel, these are one of the most awesome daily drivers to have. so damn comfy and pimp

11. Sam H

Sam H Troll Dispatch

Lol, you bought coilovers before deciding which car to buy

12. mati

mati Member

17" but now I'm looking to maybe get some 18". I can get Stich Gulf 18's cheaply.

Thanks, I have to say that your IS was a big inspiration for me to get one :wave:

Yeah, I couldn't make up my mind what to get, and getting the coilovers made it easier :wack:

Regarding the car, I'm doing the "new/old car" oil, filter, plug change today. And maybe I'll fit the coilovers if there is enough time.

13. mati

mati Member

Well I had some complications with the oil and filter change. I hit a fucking cement flower pot while manouvering around in front of our unit :euge:. I managed to bend the whole rad support so the rad moved about 10cm up, it hit the bonnet which pulled out the whole latch thing out. So basically a 30 min. oil change turned to a three hour front end repair :wack: Luckily no major damge was done to the rads so we managed to bend it all back in shape. This was yesterday, today I go around to fitting the HSD's.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

They can go pretty low :thumbs:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I'm really happy I got the ride height sorted, in stock from it looked like a damn4x4. I'll post some pics of the whole car tomorrow. I only drove it for a couple kilometers, but the ride was very smooth. Overall I'm very impressed by the HSD's.

14. supernova-dw

supernova-dw Active Member

Look forward to seeing some pics of it with the wheels on, they're not bad cars to be fair and really reliable too! You say even slammed down the coilovers ride quite smooth? Seriously tempted by some HSD's

15. 96_Silvia

96_Silvia New Member

16. dale_b

dale_b #DriftFactory

Cool beans, they are pimp when slammed with nice rims:D
    I'm keeping an eye on this thread because iv just bought an Altezza that I'm building as a daily drifter, I'll be starting a thread similar soon so check it out:D

Defo agree that 18s are what you need, I just bought a set of 17x8.5 Work XD9's, although they are fucking pimp, they do look to small. TBH, 19s wouldn't look out of place on the is200/Altezza imo, I offered some BMW CSL(genuine 19x9.5 & 8.5) wheels up to mine, they look fucking amazing, however, fuck paying for rubber on them every few weeks lol

17. mati

mati Member

Yeah I'm currently looking for some 18's. I've trial fitted my TE37's and they will need some work to sit nicely:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

So until I have some time to roll my fenders my IS is sitting on the stock wheels:

[​IMG]

I have to say that the HSD coilovers are awesome for daily driving, I've currently got them on the softest setting and they are more comfortable than the stock suspension.

18. mati

mati Member

I bought a shitload of 17" slicks for my R32, so I'll need the TE37's for them, which in turn means that I need to get some other wheels for the IS. I'm getting 18's for sure, and after seeing these pics I now want Work Equips :nod:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

also does anyone know a good place to get some "non-lexus" rear lights?

19. mati

mati Member

Got my 18 inch Work Equips today:

[​IMG]

Awesome wheels, they are in need of a refurb, but I think I'll do that later.

20. mati

mati Member

Equip's fitted.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

The rear can easily go a little lower, and on the front I need to replace the bolts holding the arch liner with zip ties, because the tires catch on th stupid bolts :euge: