martial arts

Thread in 'Other Chat' started by finchy, May 7, 2011.

1. finchy

finchy snapped hard!

Ohhh yes that will do the trick cn mix this an that ju jitsu 1 i found and do both :) maybe use an evening to do mma :)

2. TommyS2000

TommyS2000 Member

Definitely use an evening to train in MMA. I wish I was closer to London so I could train properly!

3. finchy

finchy snapped hard!

well went to that tang academy did 2 sessions tonight was really good absolute lick out though went with my company pti and even he was hangin out lol well recommended

4. martyn_sx

martyn_sx Active Member

I just got back from Tang Soo Do its a very good martial arts. its point scoring if you like that and you tend not to get a kicking

5. initial_j

initial_j Made guy

fuck all that shit. just go to the pub every night and do beer.

all these mma places are just full of people with serious mental issues who were probably bullied at school and want to prove something.

doing beer is much more fun.

you might even meet chicks whilst doing beer.

youll learn intersting facts you never knew before.

and if your still hell bent on wanting to learn fighting, what better way to learn then getting hammered and starting one. you can even start one with a bit of furniture.

90 percent of it doesnt help in a real fight anyway. people dont play by the rules in a fight, and adopt little stances, or give you warning/put gloves on. they normaly just come up to you bite your nose and kick you in the nuts and stamp on your head/stab you with something.

better to learn the ancient art of staying out of trouble and itll never be an issue.

i was trained to fight to a very good level, but have fuck all interest of getting in one.

#25 initial_j, May 9, 2011
    Last edited: May 9, 2011
  6. zeppelin101

zeppelin101 Member

It's got bugger all to do with actually fighting unless you're competing though for most of these things in all fairness...

7. Papercutout

Papercutout Active Member

I always thought Krav Maga was possibly the simplest, most interesting (from a personal perspective) style. Have a look at it.

8. Skiddly Diddly

Skiddly Diddly Rehabilitated

I know Woolwich very well. This is what you need.

#28 Skiddly Diddly, May 9, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 3, 2017
  9. finchy

finchy snapped hard!

tbh mate i got a fiancee n a daughter i hardly drink now because i was always in fights lol i like martial arts because i can ave a tear up and i dnt get arrested

i also do enjoy it more for the skills/technical side of things and its amazing fitness i was hanging tonight mix that with the phys i do already ftcc will be a stroll in the park for me

also gives me something to focus on i get bored in the evenings just in the house may aswell i may aswell go get filled in by some ninja dude ehy

10. JonnyAE86

JonnyAE86 暴走族 大石

wisest i've ever seen Jack.

seriously if your considering something try JUDO.

11. Flipfoot

Flipfoot 三日坊主

Glad you enjoyed it mate :D

Skiddly - I make you right :D

12. tr!x

tr!x Member

BJJ SCHOOL

Come and train with us. battersea is a bit far but its worth it, also can do mma here!

theres quite a few pro mma guys that roll with us and we are a really close knit school

13. "Clarkey"

"Clarkey" "Full Attack!"

i personally wouldnt bother with tae kwon do, as its more of a fitness martial arts imo.

i did up until the age of 19 -

Budo - close body fighting
    Kendo - weapons
    jujitsu - close body fighting

to 2nd dan level (black belt, 2 gold stripes)

i thoughly enjoyed kicking the crap out of people and doing the competitions, but at the end of the day its what your after from it. for me i used it as a way of controlling my anger/releasing anger whilst learning to look after yourself if shit hits the fan. For me i also learnt dicipline, to which i lacked when i was younger and getting into stupid unneccessary fights.

for me i plan to take up Mu thai or cage fighting now, but i need to get back on it as i havent trained in like 5 years. But its finding the time and cash outside of the drift world.

#33 "Clarkey", May 10, 2011
    Last edited: May 10, 2011
  14. finchy

finchy snapped hard!

well were going back tonight jujitsu tomorow and probably taekwondo again thursday will look in to that bbj mate :)

15. iamben

iamben Active Member

Jack studied the ancient deadly art of "hiding Chapmans KFC"

:D

16. Ollie

Ollie LOOSE!

I fucking love karate!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

17. cory

cory Member

you dont need classes you need one of diamond daves videos

i did tae kwondo for quite a few years and really enjoyed it, even got to be northeast light weight champ. im sure if you search on line it will give you a list of approved teachers in your area and local clubs.
    i now do a mix of escrima, grappling, karate, krav maga, kung fu, muay thai and kick boxing,
    i can feel my fitness improving every time i go

#37 cory, May 11, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 3, 2017
  18. richy200

richy200 -NightWalkers-

mma and bjj are pretty good mate, worth a shot. When you said you did karate for a bit but didn't like it, what style did you do? you want to go to a full contact club :)

19. E30luton

E30luton New Member

You can't beat boxing mate, I've done both mma and boxing an boxing is the most painful, training wise. Plus a boxers hook is second to none!!

20. richy200

richy200 -NightWalkers-

Only problem with boxing is your only utilising your arms. A kickboxer, karate and a few other styles would put a boxer on his arse. Legs are longer than arms