Gav's 600bhp 2bar, CP-Carrillo TTE Powered MR2 Time Attack Project

Thread in 'Project Cars and Builds Threads' started by GTS GAV, May 15, 2010.

1. GTS GAV

GTS GAV Active Member

will do buddy

Just a small little update on things i have been doing this morning.

The bootmount setup was a bit of a rush job

Originaly i used a thin layer of stainless sheet to cover over the corregated tin on the floor just to clean it up a little, to be hounest it wasnt up to my usual standards so had some spare time today to decide how i was goin to go about it.

I decided to fully replace the floot with a some thick ally sheet on the underside and inside to give it some strenth
    So out came the old shitty thin crap so i could then use it as a template, I got a friend of mine jason from Air craft east sussex to cut out two 3mm thick sheets of ally on the plasma cutter.

fitted perfect! so just goin to cut out most of the remaining oem floor, apart from a 20mm around the edge, then i will rivet the top sheet and the underside sheet together, to make a brand new super strenthy base.

[​IMG]

Everything will be cut out bar 20mm edge

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

as you can see thin is fook lol

[​IMG]

And the new ally sheet jason plasma cut for me, nice thick heavy duty stuff

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Underside

[​IMG]

Quick test fit

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

will fit it fully sometime tamuro

#141 GTS GAV, Mar 12, 2011
    Last edited: Jun 29, 2011
  2. Aripug

Aripug Member

i've used 40 minutes to loog this thread....
    man...your car is amazing!
    I think it is my favourite mr2!!!! :D
    Really epic project!
    A lot of respect!
    Ciao from Italy
    :D
    ARian

3. Emperor

Emperor Member

great way to spend 15k$ or more :-)

how fast is this monster? 300km/h+ ?

4. GTS GAV

GTS GAV Active Member

Lol its a long read agreed aripug, thanks for the comments, makes it all worth while :)

Emporer, more like 40k odd lol, well I have swapped the final drive for a simular one that was fitted to fensports celica, that made just over 200mph, my setup is a bit more beefy then there's so who knows :D

I have just fully run it in, I'm going to try and attempt on fitting the fueling kit next week sometime, then fit the methanol kit,if I have time fit a slightly larger turbo, then it will be mapping time, I'm looking for 500hp on this setup, with a larger turbo an meth 600hp+ :)

#144 GTS GAV, Mar 12, 2011
    Last edited: May 30, 2011
  5. Joe@

Joe@ New Member

i thought my mate's mr2 was great this makes his one look shit lol. great idea about the bootmonted intercooler as my mate has the same one. make the hole car carbon firber :D agein awsome build. :)

6. RendleRIOT

RendleRIOT Member

WOW! Man that is crazy :O wish mine was liek this

7. gtst lad

gtst lad Ut oh

read the thread, love it!! i so need a project!! can't wait to see some action vids

8. Bambam22586

Bambam22586 Member

this is an amazing bit of kit i currently have a rev3 n/a want a turbo so bad now!!!

9. steve-gtst

steve-gtst Member

What an epic build :) well impressed

10. GTS GAV

GTS GAV Active Member

Thanks for the comments lads it really makes it worth while knowing that others appreciate the amount of hard work that's gone into the car.

I will have a big update on the 23rd of may, with some action vids as requested :)

#150 GTS GAV, Mar 29, 2011
  11. supernova-dw

supernova-dw Active Member

A big update on the 23d April....Sounds interesting mate! Give us a clue.

12. GTS GAV

GTS GAV Active Member

You will have to wait and see buddy

its been put back to the 27th now, i will post up a big update then :D

#152 GTS GAV, Apr 12, 2011
  13. supernova-dw

supernova-dw Active Member

Any updates mate?

14. GTS GAV

GTS GAV Active Member

So time for a well needed update

I have been flat out with work and other things on the car yet to be revealed i havnt had the time to update this.

Well after i cleaned the boot up i called ryan the mapper @ 2bartuning about my new syvec S6 ecu with added goodies

Syvec 4bar map sensor, syvec boost solonoid, syvec knock sensors and a 8position calibration switch (this lets you flip maps for different types of fuel, aggresion in the map itself, trim the boost and also turn on certain paremeters while flipping the map to say turn on meth injection etc etc) all this can be done on the fly.

I booked the car in 2 weeks in advance to give me motivation to finish off loads of little bits, swap the oil out for some motul goodness with fresh filter, swap the spring out in the exsternal wastegate for a higher spring rate etc etc, and also finaly fitting my fueling kit.

So first come the oil change and swapp of the ex waste spring

[​IMG]

Swapping the spring i though ahh 5min job, Wrong, it was a bitch to change ended up having loads of crap off including the hole wastegate and screamer pipe assembly

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

With that changed i could focus on my fueling kit, I popped up to have a chat with mark (one of the top mechanics at sumo power) to discuss him helping me to make the custom fuel tank pick up for the twin intank pump system and help with running the fulelines through to the rail etc

He agreed to do it as a side job and even come in on the banks holidays to help out, it was nice to have the luxury and space of a massive facility like sumo big thanks to mark and to james the owner for letting me complete the car there, i couldnt of done it with out you.

So we first set about pulling apart the engine getting rid of all the stock fueling bits rail injectors fuel pressure reg old line and filter, and crack on fitting the fuel rail and injectors wich was a bit of a mission to get to and you cant see a damn thing, i got them fitted with not to much hassle in the end tho

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Then turned are attentions to the fuel tank and custom pick up and running the lines

With time not in are favour the twin intank system pick up was just to much of a ball ache and couldnt justify the hassle for next to no benerfits apart from trying to keep the sytem a close to stock as possible.
    But lets face it this car is far from stock, so flipped the idea on its head sold one of the walbro's and bought myself a 2ltr swirl and exsternal bosch 044 pump with a shit loads of fuel line and fitting galour

Fuel tank out along with pick up

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

New pick up fitted with walbro intank 255ltr pump then fitted back into the tank and tank fitted with uprated lines and then fitted, sounds so easy when you say it but god damn what a bastard job

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

all the other goodies turned up the next morning thanks to sumo power and there contacts

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

A shit load of fuel line and some big arse fittings haha

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

The swirl pot just fitted in the boot, i positioned it inlne with the air duct coming in from the inside of the arches, so not only does it act as a swirl pot but as a fuel cooler aswell keeping it super cold which is ideal.

We got all the fuel lines into the boot an then to the swirl pot, then started to mount the 044 bosch, sx fuel filter and fuel pressure reg.
    then to the rail etc

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

We finished it all up sleeved all the fuel lines in the engine bay, adjusted all the the injector duties to the change in injector size so i could limp it to surrey, blead the coolant system primed her up and fired it at 10pm the nite before mapping in the morning, we where exhausted but was ontop of the world it was all finished and running spot on with not one leak, once again big thanks to mark at sumo power for his help.

#154 GTS GAV, May 27, 2011
    Last edited: Dec 18, 2011
  15. GTS GAV

GTS GAV Active Member

Got the car home at just gone 11pm after filling up with some fresh vpower, could bairly sleep i was buzzing so much mainly from all the free monster energy drinks haha

Woke up for mapping at 7am ready to set off for 8 after some checks

Got to surrey to see a beast of a supra on the rollers
    And some awesome syvec gleaming goodies awaiting my arrival

Between ryan and i we got everything fitted syvecs ecu,custom harness, syvecs map sensor, syvecs boost solonoid and in cabin cal switch, got it all done in not time and was on the rollers after some checks with the man ryan g himself working his magic withing the hour of my arrival

[​IMG]

syvec cal switch mounted

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

On she goes (will upload vids soon)

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Ryan was a machine and just carried on and on with out a break outstanding work on his part, he went allday and into the nite playing with the cam timmings to get them set up perfectly!

I left at around 7pm as i was so tired i needed some kip the exhaust fumes didnt help being stuck inside a closed doored dyno (surrey is next to a film studio, the batman film was being filmed at the time so noise regs meant we had to have all the doors closed) which didnt help with air flow as ryan said he new the car was holding back.

So surgested that some road tweaks will help him pull abit more power out of her and to also do the cold start trip with the car from cold the next day

On the way back home half asleep in the van i got awoken to a call from ryan, with news that it made just shy of 500bhp and over 440lbs of torque at only 1.5bar on a slightly rich map for safety and cooling, and that was stuck in the dyno room, after further tweak on the road ryan said if was over 500bhp i was chuffed to bits especially at those pressures.

I took it for a test drive before we went any further with it, and fuck me it was an animal sooo much torque, it is more than enough for the road maybe abit tooo much, its a more than healthy track weapon that should show a few supercars up haha

I decided this was enough for now and was best to let me get used to this before uping it to 600+

if you want a car mapping goto ryan!!

[​IMG]

I love the fact i can go from an 300hp eco map, to over 500bhp with anti lag and launch control active in a couple of clicks of the cal switch

We wired in all my aftermarket gauges an sensors, oil temp sensor so if it reaches 120deg if will put the car into limp mode, oil pressure sensor this will only allow you to start the car when oil pressure has reache over 1bar to the head i like the idea of this as it primes the engine every single time you starts it, if pressure ever starts dropping off it will cut the engine in a milli secound

We also tapped in my wideband sensor an gauge to the ecu and done away with the stock o2 sensor, so the plx bosch wideband sensor now tells the syvec to the point accuracy closed looped afr readings.

Alos another feature i thought was trick was Full knock control upto 10,000rpm syvec is the only ecu that has full knock control, motec only goes up to 4,000rpm wtf
    I originaly thought that the syvec has 4 sepparate knock sensors but it dosnt it has one positioned int he middle, the ecu tell the snesor what cylinder is active at what time, so it will only listen the that percific cylinder at that point intime, now that is some clever shit.

#155 GTS GAV, May 27, 2011
  16. GTS GAV

GTS GAV Active Member

I took the old man out for a drive as i new he was keen to see what it could do, it did the job lol, but after some 1bar launches and some near on full wheelies, i snapped a cv joint haha was to be exspected, as i left them as the weak point to takle strain off the gearbox and engine as i would rather snap shaft than boxes etc

[​IMG]

Fixed the cv joint and popped over bhp show had a epic day and hored the car out for a while haha

I had the car fully compounded a few days after as from working on it had fucked the rear quaters, if come up like glass, but this was short lived as an old fucker reversed into the front of it cracking the front bumper an denting the wing, i wasnt happy to say the least but he payed up cash the next day so wasnt all that bad.

After looking around the car an thinking about touching other battle scars it had recieved over the years i thought why not use this as a good exscuse to give her a fresh lick of the wet stuff.

So popped down to a good friend of mine justin at prestige customs (077 92 92 00 41) in east sussex to discuss things.

We decided that i would do the prep work and strip it down an justin would fix the bumpers and spray the car for me.

I was going to just keep it black but decided it was to much of a hasstle to keep it in the slightest bit clean, so started scanning the net for insperation.
    I have always loved phils old rx7 fc bdc in the grey he had so kinda gave me inperation on the way i wanted to go whith mine.

So looked into battle ship greys or prison grey as some say, I popped to my local paint shop and had a look at their spectrums and decided on the one i wanted, so decided to buy it there and then.

[​IMG]

I started stripping the car and prepping last sat

bumpers off to be fixed up, and started prepping the hole thing.

The day before painting i changed my mind on the colour, and decided it was just ligher of a colour and wanted to keep the car abit more stealthy so rushed over to the paint shop in the morning an picked this up its a real nice pastaly grey/browny/black

[​IMG]

And should look something like this

[​IMG]

A snap from bhp show a few days before

[​IMG]

And it begins!!!

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

We have just finished spraying the shell today doors will be painted tamuro along with the little bits ready to start putting it back together on monday

I may upload some sneak preview pics soon

#156 GTS GAV, May 27, 2011
  17. Stavros

Stavros Active Member

Thats great power and torque for just 1.5bar boost, fast as fuck

18. GTS GAV

GTS GAV Active Member

Its alot more than what i was exspecting at only 1.5bar, its properly quick more than enough for the track, im sure it wont be long before i start uping it just dont want to get it stupidly unrelyable as i like to try keep it on the road, im really happy with it tho

A few more goodies are on there way maybe a dash2 :)

19. ian_2turbo

ian_2turbo Member

looks awesom what brake are you using as i know on my old turbo they wernt that good and getting decent brakes for it was a arse to get the wheel to fit over them

Ian

20. GTS GAV

GTS GAV Active Member

Cheers lad wait till you see if in its new paint

I wouldnt have issues with big callipers as the gram lights are 18's so loads of room, the brakes are staying stock i dont have comitment issues ;)