S12 snail-paced drift project/daily pride and joy

Thread in 'Project Cars and Builds Threads' started by shilpabhavini, May 20, 2011.

1. shilpabhavini

shilpabhavini Member

Since buying an s12, ive seen so many threads of people breaking, selling and building them. Seeing as I made a little progress today I thought I might add a few visuals too.

Bought the car stock bar some random exhaust a nutjob tried to customise before I bought it. Started gradually blowing, got worse and so when finances allowed took the lil bub to get a custom exhaust.

Being that I'd never had anything worth customising, it got me so excited when they asked me what tailpipe and volume I wanted. I think I emphasised extremely loud adequately but drove away feeling slightly bemused. Tooley noted though that if I'd gone louder it would be illegal. I might get my ears checked...

Anyway, I have my eye on some alloys I sourced a few months ago, but lookin to invest by the end of the month.

I appreciate the time y'all take to looky look through, and if anyone knows of any s12 parts going as it's seriously slim pickings, really appreciate the headsup! Specifically looking for t25-great nick,low mileage,no play in the shaft; a front mount intercooler, body panels and a standard rear spoiler...

Lol anyway: pic time lol from purchase to present :D

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

And the exhaust fitted today

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Drift_Kidd

Drift_Kidd Member

Nice S12 mate!
    Always wanted one of these to keep my S13 company and to use as an old school/retro drifter but everytime I see one for sale Im skint :'(
    Will be keeping an eye on this

3. Minkjedi

Minkjedi Member

Im excited to see this develop. Keep up the good work shilpa!
    :dw:

4. shilpabhavini

shilpabhavini Member

Thanks muchly guys!! I'm pretty excited myself. Just having trouble sourcing a few items as mentioned above.

My plan is to get the bhp up, then second phase is wheels,arches and suspension and hopefully get a nice little touch up on the paint work or full on respray. Third is getting it drift ready!

I managed to get the ONE major attribute up to spec this weekend: the speakers/sound system Lol...not a banging system but enough to cater for my preferences but limited by finances :D music is VERY important-especially when loud/louder than on the stock speakers/stereo :)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

5. shilpabhavini

shilpabhavini Member

Riiiiiight! Got my t25 yesterday and today picked up my lovely little baby intercooler lol

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

So...mr tooley is going to have fun fitting those! Weathers actually screwed up our plans so won't have a car for a few days seeing as the t2 is knackered and the car is solid misfiring all week!

Looking forward to faster driving and no chugging lol! Next week getting my lowering springs and hopefully starting to get the car sanded down ready for the respray... Awesome!

6. Nismo915

Nismo915 Member

Nice car, im looking to buy one of these at the moment. Are you west mids based? i'd love to come and see this project

7. docwra

docwra Active Member

Cheapest S12 mod ever = 1 inch BSP pipe bung to fit on the pop off valve. :thumbs:

8. ChrisL200SX

ChrisL200SX Member

Looks cool that man, like S12s a lot!

9. welsh_monty

welsh_monty Member

so this is the beast we were talking about down chepstow?
    coming along nicely there!

10. shilpabhavini

shilpabhavini Member

Thanks alot! Yeah based in Midlands you're welcome to come see just pm me if you need the address!

11. shilpabhavini

shilpabhavini Member

Hello!!! Yup this is my pussywagon lol look out below for the update on where we are at now...

12. shilpabhavini

shilpabhavini Member

My daily is now off the road until further notice!! Got parts to put on only to find that instead we can't even get the manifold off!!

This is how it is and has been since friday last week :(

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

It started raining so couldn't take any other pics lol

Suffice to say I'm going pretty loopy without my car! And soo gutted it wasn't a matter of putting on the parts and whizzing off to check the extra bhp (considering by last week it got to about err 80!)

Looking to take the engine out this weekend and have a bash at fitting everything new and old so I can have this lil bugger back ASAP!!

Anyone is welcome to offer tips and hints.

13. shilpabhavini

shilpabhavini Member

Tooley wants to know what mod you mean?

Cheers

14. shilpabhavini

shilpabhavini Member

Thanks alot! :thumbs:

15. richy d

richy d Active Member

so this is where my turbo outlet flange is going:wave::D

looks like a good solid shell,from what tooley was saying last week this should be an awsome car when finished.some interesting plans:nod:

good luck with it:thumbs:

16. richy d

richy d Active Member

btw,how come you cant get the manifold off???

if you need any help let me know,ive got all sorts of tools for removing sheard/rounded/rusty bolts:thumbs:

17. tooley

tooley ドリフトキング

Thanks again for that dude!! Much appreciated wad Meant to be done by sat lol.

[​IMG]

The last nut is under the Mani blocked by the turbo and lines sitting in a recess and I got a stumpy spanner on it and got it half off then it siezed and rounded lol

18. ax_mad

ax_mad Member

gutting when something like that stops play.

surely bit more enforcement needed and it will eventually budge

19. tooley

tooley ドリフトキング

can only get spanners on there thats the issue! its a complete cunt!

20. theonlywayissx

Browsing through piston heads parts section the other day ther were some shocks with lowering springs on there for a s12 and they were £40