Drift One Buxton Weekender June 25th & 26th. By Special Arrangement!

Thread in 'Drifting Chat / Pictures / Videos' started by JohnJ, May 18, 2011.

1. Pikey

Pikey Active Member

:smokin:

2. lowdown

lowdown New Member

I may just do that, PM me ur number, whens the latest i can come and get it as busy after work

He did say however that it wont be a problem as I explained to him I work full time and he said he could get it off, welded and back on in an hour so rather him than me if hes happy to do it, would take me three times as long and id prob snap the bolts off or fook summit up.....maybe we got our wires crossed will double check wiv him

Just checked he said its fine :)

#222 lowdown, Jun 23, 2011
    Last edited: Jun 23, 2011
  3. supraslide

supraslide Member

Just double checking if its still ok to give the dvla a bell to confirm my details as I've had to renew my photocard. I've got a copy of my driver number.
    Also what time is best to get there so as your not too busy. Was aiming for 9 on the saturday.

Also are there going to be any noise restrictions as my car is still minus a backbox after oulton.
    Cheers: M@

4. Jacko_

Jacko_ Member

I didn't say it was a cert, just know they'll charge you more if more work is required.

Whenyou heading down to them?

5. MJG

MJG Active Member

Matt - drivers licence number is good dude, the sign on sheets are the same as Oulton.

Not sure what time were allowed on the premises on Saturday but I'll clarify with John tomorrow if he's not replied in the mean time. Just aim to get there around midday so you can unpack and stuff before the track opens.

And noise restrictions? Haha, if the gas gets out of your engine bay so you don't gas yourself then we're happy! Can be as loud as you like.

6. Budget Drifter

Budget Drifter Drift Terrorists

Are you bringing your car Mike?

7. JohnJ

JohnJ Active Member

We can be on track from 1pm Saturday, arrive anytime but gates open at 9 ish. Dead easy informal afternoon.

The only time we will be worried about the noise is if your ears are bleeding so much that you might faint.

8. Joe-sef

Joe-sef -Broseph-

1pm sat? I was under the impression it was 9 start sat and 12 start Sunday. Good job I checked!

also can't wait for this been working flat out to get the car ready, what a nightmare! Just got out the garage now I have a feeling tomorrow night might be a late one!!

#228 Joe-sef, Jun 23, 2011
    Last edited: Jun 23, 2011
  9. supraslide

supraslide Member

Tidy.
    Thanks for clearing it up, and giving me one less job to do.

10. greenbug22

greenbug22 Member

my car is fairly loud, and my ears bleed all the time lol theres no noise restrictions at buxton see ya all there x:smash::smash::smash: cars all painted now aswell

11. be11

be11 camber king

Yeaaaaa I still have no exhaust. Oh well it sounds awesomme!

12. Adam s

Adam s Member

Iv bodged abit of pipe on my exhaust because there's a hole in the boot floor and fumes were coming into the car and chocking me, it looks well pikey with back box one side and a skinny bit of pipe the other.

I was at slide motorsport untill 1:45 this morning sorting a few bits on the Soarer that i didnt no needed doing untill we got it on the ramp it's all ready for Saturday now though

13. Joe-sef

Joe-sef -Broseph-

Can't wait to see the Soarer!

14. lowdown

lowdown New Member

Dropped it off last night, seen your E21 there that thing is dope!! Daves fabrication work really is next level ....what engine you puttin in there?

15. Budget Drifter

Budget Drifter Drift Terrorists

If anyone is coming in a van and can fit a BMX in, I would be very grateful. Skateboard was too slow, so going to try to source a BMX to chase cars :D

16. Pikey

Pikey Active Member

I'm aiming to be there about 12. Got 3 pairs of rear tyres, probably not going to be enough for Sunday aswell but hey, it's all I've got. Must remember to charge GoPro aswell!

17. driftdog

driftdog Member

Im can always nip back home to get my bmx for ya dude :-) im bringing some tyres so cant fit it in.

18. driftdog

driftdog Member

I might not be on track tomoz dudes, iv not been able to get any steelies from a scrapper so have no wheels, and i think a rubber prop coupling is screwed as theres a fair bit of prop vibration when under heavy load.
    Il get it all sorted for track use next month, plus it gives me a lil more tome get some skid wheels :-)

Good news = FREE BEEES = I have 4 sets of tyres to add to the pile for people to use, 3 sets of 18" and 1 set 17" i think, so i will bring them up for you.

anyways, here the new ride

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

19. davetherave

davetherave Member

New turbo's on. See people tomorrow.

20. Colonel K

Colonel K Active Member

Well Ive sourced some spare tyres, about to put 10 gallons of veg in the cavalier and Ill be up tomorrow morning :D

Looking forward to it! Slightly scared of binning someone elses car but hey, thats probably healthy haha!