My new wheels!

Thread in 'Project Cars and Builds Threads' started by spO_oks, May 24, 2011.

1. spO_oks

spO_oks Member

Hey everyone!

Recently purchased myself a new ride and thought I would share some pictures!

I plan to have this as my DD, no plans on drifting it so far as it's too nice!

You may have seen it for sale a month ago or so, it's a 77 RA35 Celica GT.

It's currently semi in bits being spruced up, so far have been respraying and fixing little cracks in the dash, also respraying the rear light covers, relined the roof, have tweaked with the engine a bit, whipped the head off and adjusted the cam timing, threw on a fuel pressure regulator and an air filter! could do with dynojetting it or something to make it run a bit smoother.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

more pictures to come!

2. jonofd3

jonofd3 Active Member

Sweet man... realy like these things!!

3. initial_j

initial_j Made guy

very nice man. skinnier tyres and a bit more low and thatd be awesome

4. kam

kam I've touched Chris Parry

That's cool as fuck :smokin:

5. So shy

So shy New Member

i love it old skwl rules

6. Max-san

Max-san Member

Wow, what a great car!!!
    Always thought they need the crome bits to look cool, but it doesn´t!

Those are Hoshino Racing G5´s I think...

What are your plans?

7. spO_oks

spO_oks Member

A bit more low :O there is about 150mm clearance or so on the lowest part of the exhaust gonna see how I get on with the speed bumps going into my office first :thumbs: I fancied some new wing mirrors for it but apart from that I'm pretty happy with the outside appearance. Wanted some like this, but can't find them anywhere, found some similar mustang ones but they we're crazy expensive

[​IMG]

8. spO_oks

spO_oks Member

Yeah they are Hoshino Racing wheels, i'll take your word that they're G5's :p

Plans are to tidy it up get the engine running smoothly so it's nice to drive daily, lots of popping out the exhaust and carbs atm, the guy I bought it off got it off someone in Japan who was using it on the track and had bigger carbs on it 45/50 webers it now has 40 solex's which are what the engine had standard so should be able to set them up to make it run well. The engines also had "2.2" pistons in it.

I've been looking at engine swaps too, a 1jz is sounding pretty tempting :wack: but I think I'll see how I get on with how it is atm first

9. neil a walker

neil a walker Active Member

Very nice car that man. :smokin:Dont ruin the handling with a 1jz though:no:
    Either keep it 4 pot and put a beams engine in it, (220bhp) or have it sorted by an engine builder that knows his shit. (lexus v8 would be nice, but thats a big can of worms to get it all to work!)

10. spO_oks

spO_oks Member

I was taking some pictures of my brothers scooby as he's planning on selling it, and my car was sat there next to it feeling a bit left out, so I snapped some more pics!

I got some inside and engine bay shots this time too!

Have done a bit of tweaking with the engine. What's made the biggest difference so far is wacking on a low pressure fuel regulator, I was a rookie with the first regulator I got and bought a high pressure jobbie for fuel injected cars. Now have a nice low pressure one running at about 4-5 psi which is making it idle a lot nicer.

[​IMG]

Still waiting for my center console :(

[​IMG]

My lovely engine bay, may paint this up black so it doesn't look so out of place. Guess what colour the car used to be!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

11. Timmy

Timmy Member

lovely lovely car, really like the interior

12. Mpig

Mpig Member

Thats so cool man well done :smokin:

13. vetrondrift

vetrondrift Member

14. vetrondrift

vetrondrift Member

15. stinky 32

stinky 32 Member

mannnnn that looks awwwwsome.... me want!

16. KE KID

KE KID Howling Mad

Thats Awesome...I saw it for sale...glad to see its gone to someone who will appreciate its awesomeness :thumbs:

Would be sweet running some open trumpets on those carbs :smokin:

17. Kemp

Kemp New Member

the shit!

paint the engine bay black or gold, finish the interior and that would be it ... lovely car

18. spO_oks

spO_oks Member

Took the Celica to a dyno tuner yesterday, turns out my front carb is a bit broken at the moment and is dragging more fuel into the engine than it should be.
    The guy said everything else with the engine was good, just needs some new carbs.
    The car made 120hp at the fly and about 90 at the wheels, and it still feels pretty quick even though it has a big flat spot where it's running on the idle jets once your up and running on the main jets it goes along a lot better. Tuner didn't recommend driving it much more though as the excessive fuel will be causing wear on the cylinder walls :S

Anyways I'm getting a bit tired of all the car fiddling and am tempted to sell this and get something that's a bit easier to live with on a day to day basis.
    Would anyone be interested if I put it up for sale?
    Thought I would try now whilst it's still Mot and Taxed, tax runs out at the end of this Month, and if I'm going to keep it I will probably SORN it instead of re-taxing whilst i'm sorting it out. Car is very much driveable still! just not recommended to keep driving regularly as it could result in an engine rebuild being needed.

19. Chunky Nugget

Chunky Nugget honkeytits!!

I would be very interested!

20. spO_oks

spO_oks Member

PM'd!
    Some other things to mention.
    Have put on an MSD 6A spark booster box dealie.
    Recently had 4 wheel laser tracking done.
    Car would come with the original seats, which are in really good condition, just need the metal bits which join the two halves of the seat together respraying. Unless the price is right.