FBS series, Santa Pod, Aug 21

Thread in 'Drifting Chat / Pictures / Videos' started by Korrupt, Aug 16, 2011.

1. Korrupt

Korrupt New Member

Anyone up for coming along to the Fueltopia Barrel Sprint at Santa Pod, aug 21st?

Fueltopia launches its new grass-roots race series. A cross between drag racing and drifting it's set to challenge driver skill over all out horse-power.

The Fueltopia Barrel Sprint (FBS) is an exciting new concept that's being launched by motoring social network, Fueltopia. The first round of the FBS series will be held at Santa Pod Raceway, on Sunday 21st August 2011 along side it\'s RWYB day.

Just like a traditional RWYB day t...he event is open to all street legal cars and anyone with a valid UK driving licence. It doesn't matter if you have a 400hp Skyline or a 80hp Ford Fiesta.

Press release: http://www.fueltopia.co.uk/profiles/blogs/sprint-ahead-in-new-race

Event lounge - race numbers, tech talk & banter:

event: http://www.fueltopia.co.uk/events/fbs-round-1

Entry costs:
    10 entry
    25 driver sign-on

Safety:
    Helmets are advised
    Long sleeves must be worn while running
    All cars must be 'street legal'
    All cars must pass through scrutineering

Times:
    9am Qualify/Practice
    1.30 Group Knockout
    5.30 Podium
    See More

What is FBS:
    The Fueltopia Barrel Sprint is an affordable entry into motorsport and is a cross between drag racing and drifting. It’s new, exciting and focuses on driver skill and technique rather than overall speed allowing anyone with a car to enter.

As long as you have a valid UK driving licence and a street-legal car (tax & MOT) you can enter the FBS Series.

All times and entries will be submitted the online leaderboard so drivers and fans can check performance and time stats.

Drivers have a dedicated lane and three barrels that they must navigate round (full 360 degrees) crossing the finish line in the quickest time.

After qualifying the fastest 16 will then enter into a knock-out style tournament Course Layout

There are two races lanes separated by secure fencing.

From the start line the three barrels are set at 30m intervals.

Any driver jumping the start light will result in a DNF run On the first barrel the driver can choose which direction they take around the obstacle, however on barrel number two or three they must go into it the opposite way.

Failure to do so will result in a five second penalty.

If a driver hits a barrel with any part of the car it results in run not counted decision.

Each lane will be timed by a time keeper

10 entry and 25 sign-on

Facebook event details Welcome to Facebook ? Log in, sign up or learn more

#1 Korrupt, Aug 16, 2011
    Last edited: Aug 17, 2011
  2. DRIFThER

DRIFThER CARBON COPY UK

I am sooooooooooooooo gutted i am in knockhill this weekend :cry:

anyone thats up for a challenge and a bit of healthy competition this is something completly new, a mix between drift and drag and ultimate driving skills :nod:

3. Blackett

Blackett No Comment

Would be cool to see some DWYB regulars at this representing the Drift Community. :smokin:

Ian. :D

4. DRIFThER

DRIFThER CARBON COPY UK

that includes you Mr B :D

5. Korrupt

Korrupt New Member

Thanks guys, hope to see some of you there we have a few names from DW down I think. Also we have a date for Round 2 all sorted in front of a much larger crowd - details be up soon.
    Thanks everyone!

6. Korrupt

Korrupt New Member

Just an update: The event will be the focus the for new Fast 5 DVD release for UK media - there will be merch and they'll be bringing mainstream media.

7. Korrupt

Korrupt New Member

[​IMG]

Fly's Rauh-Welt 911 enters

8. Rads_s13

Rads_s13 DWYB & DRIFT TAXI

I was going to be doing this and was really looking forward to it as it whould be a real good laugh but haven't been able to get the mapping on my car finished as the nistune software was being strange on my laptop and now my mappers back has gone. anyone want to lend me a car??

9. docwra

docwra Active Member

I would Rich, but ........ :wack:

I reckon my 306 would be as quick aws the driftcar for this anyway TBH :D

10. Rads_s13

Rads_s13 DWYB & DRIFT TAXI

Come and give it a go then mate if your not doing anything already sunday :thumbs:

or what about tasha's onvia? hehe

it may come to me throwing the e39 round it :wack:

#10 Rads_s13, Aug 17, 2011
    Last edited: Aug 17, 2011
  11. Blackett

Blackett No Comment

Congratulations to Sean aka Sneeze on DW for winning the 1st FBS Round at Santa Pod. I hope to see some more drifters taking part in Round 2 at Flame and Thunder on the 29th October.

Ian. :D