Help me! Import a car to sweden.

Thread in 'Drifting Chat / Pictures / Videos' started by hoglander, Aug 29, 2011.

1. hoglander

hoglander New Member

Hello! I have found a car i would like to ship to sweden :D But how should i do it? Pay a company to fix everything, or thrust the owner to bring it down to the docks in the same condition as the deal goes... no offence to the one who sells the car, but you can never be 100% :p

Could some one give me a tip of a good company that does these things. Or how i should do, please! :D

Sorry for my english.

2. Autospecs

Autospecs JDM Car Export

3. 4_Stroke

4_Stroke Member

fly over and pick it up, then drive it back

4. EvojeepGal

EvojeepGal Active Member

I bought a car for a person who did not know me, also from Sweden. I bought the car for him in Ireland and arranged all shipping and transport etc.
    One thing I will advise is do not get the current owner to post the car documents because they seem to take months before they arrive to Sweden!

My boyfriend also exported his old drift car to Sweden and the documents took almost 4/5 months to arrive to the new owner in Sweden. Possibly hide the documents in the car somewhere safe so you will have them if the car is shipped to you.

I cannot remember the shipping company i used, but the car was booked onto the ferry as a roll on roll off service from Immingham, UK to Sweden (I cannot remember what port there)

There is also ferry agents who will take the car for loading who will deal direct with the current owner and buyer, once the car arrives to the port the buyer pays the current owner, and when the current owner gives confirmation of being paid, the car is then loaded onto the next available ferry to be exported, this is how my boyfriend sold his car, also to Sweden.

5. Chris_200SX

Chris_200SX -NightWalkers-

This is what im hoping to do if everything goes well with my potential buyer.

6. JonnyAE86

JonnyAE86 暴走族 大石

I will give you my thoughts since i've been on both sides of things

when I lived in Portugal i bought several cars in the UK, always came to collect them myself and dealt only with the owner, they were nice enough to come meet me at some bus stop or whatever and never had to do any backup plan (risky shit I do know, specially if all your plans include having THAT car at THAT time and place).

Im living in the UK now, and funny enough my ex Trueno was bought by a Swedish guy, I tried to make his life easier by picking him up at the airport and all that, he's a happy 86 owner.

So my sugestion to you is: get in touch with the seller, ring him a couple times a week to setup everything, make sure he sounds legit and helpfull, get a plane ticket and a ferry ticket home, enjoy the british experience!

7. ducatichick

ducatichick Drift Spice

The car in question is mine, and unfortunately this isn't an option for him as the car has no engine. I sold one of my last drift cars to a guy in Norway, I picked him up from the airport and he drove it home-everything went very well but it's not possible with this one.

I would feel uneasy about leaving all docs to the car "in the car", but I would make sure they are delivered quickly and recorded :thumbs: Can't be too careful imo :smokin:

8. Autospecs

Autospecs JDM Car Export

Send the docs by EMS UPS DHL etc it only takes 3 days and they are trackable. Problem solved.

9. docwra

docwra Active Member

Errr ........ yeah. TNT can get them over by 12 pm the next day, Id even do it as a favour for you Bex :)

Scandinavians are generally pretty honest people too, and if you are the scandinavian in question you can always still walk away at the docks if you arent happy ......... :smash:

10. ducatichick

ducatichick Drift Spice

Thanks Doc :thumbs: I will bear in mind if my car ends up over seas :thumbs:

11. Polo

Polo Sr20 parts man!

I sent my docs with royal mail, it took months!!!!

Id try fedex special parcel.

With no engine, roll on roll off might be an option too. talk to the shipping company. The way i done it like Danni explaned above worked really well in is perfectly safe for buyer and seller. :)

12. Chris_200SX

Chris_200SX -NightWalkers-

Paul I'll be calling you again shortly to discuss what you did. Just need confirmation my buyer can get funds.

Btw how long did the transaction take?

And what documents are needed, i assume log book and vehicle data

#12 Chris_200SX, Aug 31, 2011
    Last edited: Sep 1, 2011