How was it for you? (TRAX)

Thread in 'Drifting Chat / Pictures / Videos' started by davey, Sep 4, 2011.

1. DanGlennon

DanGlennon Member

Went there when I was 18, had a daughter and grown up alot since then. If I went back I probably wouldn't think the same.

Looks like its been blown well out of the water starting from my little post sorry lads :thumbs:

2. Stavros

Stavros Active Member

Did McNamaras 86 etc compete? As TBH thats all I cared about seeing

3. angrydan

angrydan raaage

such is life haha im angry need to vent lol

4. reeperR32

reeperR32 Drift-Street-Imports

not too much to say to that really apart form dw is still the most entertaining forum on the interwebz :dw::thumbs:

5. reeperR32

gearbox failed i believe in one of the last runs

6. Sam H

Sam H Troll Dispatch

[​IMG]

7. DanGlennon

DanGlennon Member

Haha hense the name? You one of the permanentley angry type or just easily pissed off lol

8. angrydan

angrydan raaage

im a super nice genuine guy, but when i dress up in my gimp attire i become angry, normally because sams mum is standing on my nuts

9. Dori Mat

Dori Mat Active Member

i've never seen so many people driving so slowly in my life :D

i miss the days of people taking there genuinely fast cars on the track and driving
    the wheels off them, saw very little of that today, guy in a moonstone blue 3dr cossie,
    a white saff cos, white evo wagon and a white despoliered evo seemed pretty quick
    but that was about it of he sessions i saw

guy in the austin 1300 though :worthy: he's a trax legend :D

i charged 3 camera batteries and i think i took pics of 10 cars tops, i don't think i've ever
    seen so many corsa's and clio's in one place

good job the drifting was worth the entrance fee :smokin:

10. DanGlennon

DanGlennon Member

LMAO :smash:

Got to be the most off topic thread ever :wack:

11. _Rach_

_Rach_ Member

Doesn't that just sum up :dw:??

Take a normal thread and hijack it?

12. GTS GAV

GTS GAV Active Member

was due to get some track time in, but in all hounesty i got pissed the day before and couldnt be arsed to drive feeling like shit.

After reading this thread im glad i didnt bother as avoiding saxo's going 60mph is not my idea of fun.

kinda sucked that i didnt get to see asbo run against some of the uk lads, have hurd his runs whith phil were shit hot

13. initial_j

initial_j Made guy

not getting involved in any of the other argument, but if you only learn one thing from this thread:

several "Keyboard warriors" (myself included) may not be at santa pod every week. but trust me, we are out skidding a LOT in places best not to advertise on here.

so dont ever judge anyone on here on how often they go to pod. there seems to be a problem with a lot of people that only go to pod and think it is the be all and end all of drifting. its a carpark with some cones.

chopsing off to someone that has been skidding for countless years, probably done 20 times the ammount of drift days as yourself, and actually just won the last round of bdc, probably is going to get peoples backs up. think about it.

well done for actually getting out and drifting as thats more than 80 percent of people on here, but dont get above your station just yet!

14. initial_j

initial_j Made guy

as for trax.

never been. i imagine its the usual shit car show.

learnt to avoid car shows about 6 years ago. they are just full of chavs and weirdos

15. GTS GAV

GTS GAV Active Member

you say that but i attended mod live at brands not long ago and aslong as you stayed close to the track area the cars on display were out standing

not your usual "show cars" but some seriously powerfull and impressive stuff you could see where driven hard not just sat in the garage its hole life with polished crap everywhere
    some of the evo's from the owners club where some of the most impressive i have ever seen!

the on track action was also very good with the drifting (nooty was on it!) time attack monsters even some x group b cars where out on track smashing the pedal into the floor.

BHP also always seems to be good with very high standard of cars and also drifitng is always good at lyddeen, but i will be fucked if i will go to any of the other events

#55 GTS GAV, Sep 4, 2011
    Last edited: Sep 4, 2011
  16. davey

davey Active Member

i dont want to talk about it :confused:

i left at 1.00 as it was full blown poo, got my new arches though :thumbs:

17. reeperR32

he made a judment on me on how many days i attended or lack of as he put it so i replied... simples... he dont know me so cant really judge me :wave:

i dont judge anyone based on a laptop... even in person i try not to judge, stereotype maybe but who doesnt

not getting above my stations jack, just sticking up for myself as anyone who had a brain would do...

18. Andy_F

Andy_F S13+S15=S28?

I'd have been very dissapointed with it this year if I hadn't had track time. The show itself was dire and is getting more and more chav every year. BDC finals were great to watch though, DMac's 86 didn't actually seem as quick as I thought a 700kg 600 odd hp car would be, but fuck me Aasbo was impressive as hell. How that guy can drive a supra so fast I have no idea.

Pretty annoying getting stuck behind numptys on track who can't drive around corners, and then don't let you past. I had to pretty much loon it past everyone in the corners to actually get some clear space to drive properly! I did love my track sessions though, but fuck me race tracks ain't half slippy when wet. Could not touch the throttle in my morning session at all hardly without spinning up everywhere. Made it quite exciting though haha.

19. GTS GAV

GTS GAV Active Member

what any other normal person would do, would be to stop posting..........

20. Polo

Polo Sr20 parts man!

Trax as an event this year was shite, real shit!!! Used to be one of the best in my eyes, just full of shite now!!!

The drifting made up for it thogh!!

Normal Silverstone crap with stupidly expensive food, big q's to get in to the stands to watch. Id have been pissed if id have paid to get in tbh. But saying htat i didnt go for the show, i went for BDC which was awesome!