Bon Bon bends fake Nardi wheel

Thread in 'Driftworks Products & Enquiries' started by BigJames, Sep 22, 2011.

1. Robbs

Robbs FRANTIC

I must say I have bought plenty of cheap £40 ebay steering wheels and none have felt like they'd bend like that except a 2 spoke fake sparco I bought, I fitted it and took it straight off cos it would bend just from steering round a corner with normal driving.

#81 Robbs, Sep 24, 2011
    Last edited: Sep 24, 2011
  2. MSC

MSC Active Member

them fakes are strong as fuck bon just has the same powers as that spoon bending geezer

3. 4_Stroke

4_Stroke Member

There is a difference between fake and cheap.

4. supernova-dw

supernova-dw Active Member

Some of the fakes are really bad! The steering wheel that you tested looks hilariously bad! However there are LOADS of quality fakes! The fakes are made in loads of different places and of very varying quality.
    As has been said I hedge my bets that some "Genuine" and fakes are made is the same factory! I know for a fact that alot of pattern part car parts such as wings and lights etc are made in the same place and just labelled differently.
    Another one is the Bride seat scandal. Bride seats are made genuinely in three different countries, Japan, Canada and Taiwan. Many people think that if it's not made in Japan then it's fake. The Bride name is a legal registered trade mark in all three, they are all of equal construction but priced very differently.
    I've also seen plenty of tidy fake steering wheels, there are lots of Thai made Nardi, Momo and OMP which are just a 100% copy, I.e made of exactly the same materials and in the same way but just sold alot cheaper.
    I'm not saying that fakes are the way forward but I will admit that I have bought alot of good fakes.

5. Bikealarmblair

We have a skip at one end of our road & building on the other we could set Kam off one way & Bon the other way & see who lives :dw:

6. benli

benli Guest

so be reality how many people has those fake wheel has a problem, just stand out. speak to here. if you got a £500 drift car for abuse will you put a £200 steering wheel on? ask your heart.. i am the one to say i wont...if you worry about the safety, why people doing drifting? that is more danger you putting a fake steering wheel on your car right?

7. jap-si

jap-si Active Member

still defending knock off bad quality shit. hmmm. It's pretty crap to take things to their logical conclusion but this test was simply a small amount of force. how much will you be singing the praises of this crap when one of your mates crashes, and his steering wheel stabs him in the face/chest?

if you have a £500 drift car to abuse, but quality second hand. not this fucking crap.

below is what i just bought. genuine mint condiion momo.

eBay - The UK's Online Marketplace

8. ringer

ringer HOOooo!

Kam has already said it, but just look how much the steering column moves if you want to see the forces applied - that can't be faked. There is no setup, the was no 'prebending' done by us, and remember the wheel rim actually bends before the hub / spokes do! Hell, you can tell just by Bons reaction we never expected it to be that bad!! Haha!

The Nardi would need a LOT of force to get it to bend like that POS! :D

9. Cowpatmatt

Cowpatmatt Active Member

i had the exact same fake nardi in my old s14a, never done any gangsta lean on it though as my fixed bucket seat wouldnt allow it. All the time i had the wheel it was fine but i suppose i never put those kind of forces on the wheel. Even when i hit the wall at mallory (my mistake not the wheel before you say..lol) it was fine but i never put pressure on the wheel in the crash because i like my bones to stay in one piece.
    It only cost me £50 and done the job but by mistake once i got a fake hkb wheel boss and damn that was a pile of crap as the splines were shit so never used it.

10. peterhouze

peterhouze Member

and the most important thing is did bon enjoy his kfc that day

11. gouwy

gouwy Member

shit... for the non believers, i had the actual thing in my hands, and it's not only badly made, but also made by retards. the outer ring in metal that sits within the "good try do be rubber" band, is WAAAAAY to lightly made. even if i held it in my 2 hands i could bend the upper side down with my 2 thumbs :D
    LEAL GOOD QUALILY!
    haha

12. Mark_D

Mark_D Active Member

For any non-believers (I didn't totally believe it myself until the other day) - I dropped some parts off to somebody near me.

He had one of these knock-off steering wheels, this one happened to be an OMP replica.

It was exactly the same as the one in the video, flimsy as hell and you could literally see it bend by using your little finger! Scary!

Having said that, i've got a fake OMP wheel on my skid car and the thing is solid as hell!!!!

Depends which one you buy I suppose. Needless to say next time i'll be going genuine though! Your video worked on me Driftworks ;)

13. PhilMorrison

PhilMorrison Driftworks Owner
    Staff Member

For reference, it turns out this is the guy that we bought the wheel off on ebay. He's since been banned from Driftworks as we found out he's been trading by PM. He's also posted an extremely amusing response to our video that you can see here: http://www.driftworks.com/forum/drifting-video-pictures/158190-skinny-guy-also-bends-fake-nardi.html

14. Midgers

Midgers Active Member

You'd probably leave the factory one on I'd have thought :wack:

15. Sam H

Sam H Troll Dispatch

Has anyone else started yanking on every available steering wheel to see how tough it is?

16. Bon Bon

Bon Bon It'll be fine

No but I've started using the word quariteee a lot

17. the midnite drifta

fake stuff is ok until push comes to shove, fake brides cheap wheel nuts, duff nardi's etc if you have a major smash its the quality of welds, quality of the metal used is where all the difference will be made, imagine you kit your s13 etc with all fake stuff n cheap coilovers etc lots of this stuff has no proper testing done in china because they dont give a fuck about the end product.

18. mint

mint touch my fruit

Yup - Iv now been testing my Nardi's, the other halfs Personal one this afternoon and a momo in a friends Evo using the gangster lean method. All seem good :D

19. Sam H

Sam H Troll Dispatch

Bon's new mini-series

#99 Sam H, Oct 5, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 3, 2017
  20. GermanOrJap

GermanOrJap Member

Never seen a Ginger Muslim before. Salam brother