AE86 adjustable camber top mount plates and tie rod ends- Where from and what ones?!

Thread in 'Technical Questions' started by Stavros, Oct 24, 2011.

1. Stavros

Stavros Active Member

As title really. Im well outa my comfort zone with this bloody 86, lol.

My suspension top mounts are fucked and the adjusable ones I bought used on here are so corroded the alloy on the threads turn to dust soon, totally unusable, so I need some new ones.
    They need to work with stock style suspension, ie not coilovers, if that matters.
    From where though? Ideally UK, but whatever.

Also need new tie rod ends as the rubber boots on mine are fucked, as is one of the threads. Using a manual rack and Battle Version steering kit. Stock stuff will do? Stock Toyota, or best off getting some aftermarket shiz? Either way, where from?

Cheers!

Stav

2. Stavros

Stavros Active Member

Bump bump bumpety bump, bump

3. topi

topi KlutchKickKidz

Stock tie rod ends from yer local parts dude for sure. Not sure where you can get adjustable top mount plates new though.

4. jdm86gtz

jdm86gtz Member

5. Monkey Magic

Monkey Magic Active Member

Gav's doing some good prices on techno toy stuff, have a look on the kinzuru site.

6. dale_b

dale_b #DriftFactory

I have a pair of cusco coilovers in millions of pieces but the top mounts are good I think, I'll dig them out and take pics tomorrow...

7. Stavros

Stavros Active Member

Cool, cheers for the replies.

Turns out I can get non-adjustable solid top mounts for less than half the TTT price for adjustable, which means, IF its useful, I'll just get the neg camber RCAs to kill 2 birds with 1 stone.

BUT according to the reply on this thread, running RCAs without fancy ends makes the bupsteer worse!
    http://www.driftworks.com/forum/technical/160631-ae86-tie-rod-end-choices-bump-steer.html

What is the best bet actual people who DRIFT 86s?

I'd like to spend not much, but NEED new top mounts and rod ends, and if RCAs are that good, I may as well get em while it's all in bits...

8. dale_b

dale_b #DriftFactory

I pulled the box of bits out yesterday, need to see what iv got and take some pics. I'll do that tonight:thumbs:

9. DRIFTMOTION

DRIFTMOTION Member

I had a similar problem with a few studs/bolts on my cusco top mounts... I redrilled them, tapped them for M10 bolts... No mods required to the holes on the strut tops.

I designed a top mount for the 86 earlier this year... Its adjustable for camber and caster and designed for fitment using the cusco pillow ball carrier, have all the g-codes, could knock you a pair out on the CNC if you want.

PM me if interested

10. dale_b

dale_b #DriftFactory

How do these look? They are complete but they need refilling etc.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]