Team Falken UK 675hp V35 Skyline (G35)

Thread in 'Project Cars and Builds Threads' started by Polo, Sep 10, 2010.

1. Nicksetup

Nicksetup Member

its defines the monocoque chassis in the rules as floorpan, roof and pillars and main chassis rails may not be cut so the rest is fair game. ie boot floor for fuel ceil, bulkhead etc

sorry polo great build as normal

2. Jord

Jord drifted.com

3. J05MA5

J05MA5 New Member

Definitely a great build, takes so much effort and dedication to do that!:worthy:
    Well Done:thumbs:

4. Damianator

Damianator Member

I have seen this car in the flesh and what a car, its amazing what Paul has done to this car. Even to this day the stretch you get on thous tyres 265/285 its just amazing really looking forward to seeing whats to come good luck fella. :thumbs:

p.s Im the guy that brought you the stubburn mx5 for a mig spec diff. ;)

I'l be seeing you next year for another diff upgrade hopefully a 200sx diff. :D

5. Airr

Airr Member

6. BDC-Motty

BDC-Motty BDC commentator!

WTF are you wasting your time chopping a beautiful car up trying to get rid of weight when it aint gonna make a blind bit of difference when the driver has NO TALENT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:D

7. Ricky Emery

Ricky Emery Active Member

lol :)

8. Tran

Tran New Member

hello there,

i've been following this wonderful awesome build and i love it. I had a few questions about your turbo setup.

do you have any dyno results from this car? how does the gt35 .86 hta wheeled turbo feel with the 2jz(laggy or not)? I'm no pro driver, just a regular grass roots guy that will be building a 2jz 350z here in the states and right now I'm in the market for a turbo so all help would be appreciated.

My power goals are, to only have it safely tuned for 500whp max, and then cut down the boost for drifting(keep it around 400-450whp).

I'm looking at a Precision 6776RSP gt37r dbb turbo, T4 .68 Housing - Anti-Surge Cover - Single Scroll Ex housing - Precision Part #500-1551.

I'd like to get something quick spool, no lag, and will pull all the way up to redline. I know the .68 exhaust rear maybe a little small for a 2jz, but I was thinking about adding 2 external wastegates to help elminate choking at high rpms.

Please let me know about your dyno results or feedback of your setup and let me know what you think about the turbo i'm looking at.

thanks!
    ktran

-nodrft.com

9. Polo

Polo Sr20 parts man!

The turbo on this is a 35/86 with a 1.06 exhaust housing. I think a smaller housing would make it better. Personally if I wer looking for no more than 500hp why not use a 30/76 with hta wheel. That would be on boost very early and will just push to 550hp. Or the hks 30/37 is a good option.

10. WOOP

WOOP New Member

rediculously good build! :smash: so much inspiration and the detail is epic , GREAT work dude :dw:, BUILD SOMETHING ELSE ALREADY! :worthy:

11. neilthenut

neilthenut Member

liking the work. saw the chop up pic's on facey ages ago- just got on to have a proper looksee

nice work

12. Polo

Polo Sr20 parts man!

Thanks! Theres an artical on it in banzai mag out today.

13. markturbo

markturbo Tarmac scrapper

Just popped on to say, congratulations on the feature, looks great Paul :) same issue with my car featured too :thumbs:

14. Mehmet

Mehmet Member

Deffo a spot on build!

15. Binnerz

Binnerz Member

Anymore more pic updates Polo?

16. Wingy16v

Wingy16v Member

What a transformation! Lovin it

17. cptsideways

cptsideways Active Member

You could save save 20kg by ditching one of the exhaust outlets straight away ;) if you had'nt noticed, might have been a bit easier!

18. Polo

Polo Sr20 parts man!

Lol yes taking care of that but trying to find a box that is light with a 3.5 or 4 inch inlet it hard! I may have to make one, as it has to be a small diameter box too or it will touch the floor on the slightest of inclines.

No updates ATM as its just sat there since until I find some money and time. Thogh all the fibreglass parts are currently being made.

19. gaz_moose

gaz_moose .MTM.

most of the exhaust place ive spoke to were more than happy to knock up custom silencers.

20. jester350

jester350 Member

fiberglass parts?