Wanted Desmond Regamaster in low offset for rx7.

Thread in 'Parts for sale' started by Madaboutmx5s, Dec 16, 2011.

1. Madaboutmx5s

Madaboutmx5s New Member

Morning folks on the off chance if your selling, thinking of selling or know of a set of desmond regamaster's for sale I would be grateful if you could let me know.

Need to me rx7 fitment and maximum of +20 offset. I don't mind if they are 17s or 18s but need to be wide.

2. Clive

Clive Active Member

3. Madaboutmx5s

Madaboutmx5s New Member

Thanks dude. I think I may have seen you were selling a set earlier this year and those would have been ideal when I did a bit of googling this morning.

Really need a low offset set if I can find them as want them for my wide arch rx7 that is running low offset professors at the moment that I want to compliment.

I know this is a bit of a long shot but seeing as so many nice wheels come up on driftworks thought Id ask the question.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

4. magicmat

magicmat Active Member

there is a regamaster facebook page, i'd join and ask on there bud

5. Razzzzzz

Razzzzzz Member

You can get spacers to push them out if they sit in slightly. A lot of people tend to run spacers to make wheels sit flush.

These are super rare wheels

6. Madaboutmx5s

Madaboutmx5s New Member

Thanks I look up the face book page. The professors are 10' wise and +16 offset but may have to look into the space option. Cheers folks :thumbs:

7. Clive

Clive Active Member

If I still had them I would of been up for a deal :)

the guy that now owns them, Im pretty sure wont part with them.. and also has a set of professors iirc in good size's so cant see a deal swaying him :wack:

wheel whores aye :p

8. Mark_D

Mark_D Active Member

Cheers Clive, lol :D

A little bit on top of what the others have said, I know a bit about these wheels. Those 9.5J's Clive had are the only set I know of in the UK - I would imagine somewhere there are more although the whereabouts and the chances the person would sell them I don't know.

I often look at the Jap auctions for these wheels, and at any one time there may be 20-30 listings for sets/pairs of genuine Regamasters for sale. I'd say 40% of those listings are for tiny sizes, 15's and 16's and Spoon SW388, 55% are for 17's and at most 5% are for 18's - over the past year i'd say I haven't yet seen 10 sets of 18's, and thats in Japan, not all of those 10 listings were for good sizes either - the centre caps are very rare as well, most of the sets you see don't come with them. Needless to say even in Japan they still go for silly prices.

I very nearly bought a set of 9.5 / 10.5J 18's from a trader in America at the start of this year for just over £2000, I had the money ready although the guy only wanted bank transfer and there was no way I was sending that sort of money with no protection or proof they would arrive at my door safe and sound.

Best thing you can do if you want some in low offsets is to wait. Although you might be waiting a long time or forever if you stay on here. They do come up, although I think i've only ever seen 3 sets of 18" Rega's personally in the UK. 17's are a lot more common but still rare, although again - the chances of finding them in good sizes is still low. There were some 17x9 et18's a while ago iirc although they are usually et35 ish

Not saying buy mine, although if you wanted some now just putting a set of hubcentric spacers on would be the best option.

9. Madaboutmx5s

Madaboutmx5s New Member

Thanks for the heads up and bump to the top.

I'd only be interested in paying cash for any regamaster's as don't want to swop/sell the professors as want another set of track based wheels as an addition.

I know through doing a bit of googling a couple of sets sold in lowish offsets this year. I'm in no rush so bumping this post should anyone have or know of someone with low offset regamaster's for sale.

Cheers.