Project Epic Skidz Daily Driver Yo Epic Drift Epic 1.6 MXgay Epic lol Missile etc etc

Thread in 'Project Cars and Builds Threads' started by Stavros, Dec 21, 2011.

1. haubi

haubi Member

hey stavros can you tell me how you welded the vlsd ? I always thought you could not weld those up ?

thanks !

haubi

2. Stavros

Stavros Active Member

You can weld up pretty much any diff. I've yet to see one without any holes in the inner diff casing at all. You weld it up through the holes.

3. Gibson

Gibson Member

Bmw LSDs arent worth welding as they are considerably more expensive that open diffs, but mx5 ones are ten a penny. Just nuke everything full of weld...

4. Gogzy

Gogzy Active Member

if that was aimed at me its not because he took an MXgay out to drift, its the fact this threads fucking funny and speaking the truth to people who are just starting out that you dont need 9 billion hp, 40 x20j rims or a spaceship attached to your roof to drift when your starting out cause your just gonna break it and then be pissed off with yourself. this also isnt a dig at folk with shiney things who can drift.

5. pizza_boy

pizza_boy Member

6. dale_b

dale_b #DriftFactory

Awesome build thread dude, the way it should be done:thumbs:
    Thank fuck you dudes have said the above to back up my argument, maybe now my mate will let me weld his e30 mtec2 lsd that's fucked:thumbs:

Iv welded a 328i sport lsd, and an Altezza vlsd.... Arc weld the shit out of the holes till they are all full... Simple:thumbs:

#46 dale_b, Dec 25, 2011
    Last edited: Dec 25, 2011
  7. Gibson

Gibson Member

Both of those BMW diffs are still worth more knackered than a standard diff, so just sell them and weld an open one.... Plus you can find open diffs for both cars with better ratios than the ones they came with.....

8. d0g0k

d0g0k Member

+1
    328 lsd's are awkward ratio, im running a 325 diff welded up and its more than capable..... and shit cheap to get one

9. Gibson

Gibson Member

Ive got a 325i e36 diff and carrier you can have for £50. Better ratio than 438i diff and still large case so strong and easy to swap over.

10. dale_b

dale_b #DriftFactory

To be honest, I don't give a shit about the ratio, as long as its locked, I'm happy:thumbs:
    The 328 one I welded has long been scrapped and diff sold on, that car only lasted 2 trips to arena essex.... Lol
    I could use an e30 diff though Gibson if you have one? Iv got a broken e36 325i diff from Mikes old red car, will that fit if I take it apart and reweld it(if it's not completely fucked)?

11. Gibson

Gibson Member

e30s and e36s dont share diff casings unfortunately. and the only e30 casing i have is fucked. plus a e36 325i ratio in a e30 would probably suck.... You would care about the ratio if you drive identical cars with different ratios back to back. makes alot of difference. can make a 200bhp car feel like a 300bhp car. or a 200bhp car feel like a 50bhp car lol

12. dale_b

dale_b #DriftFactory

True, the bm's I buy are usually missiles and don't last long enough for it to be an issue, I understand how it works though and would defiantly get on the case for a car I was keeping:thumbs:
    Anyway, we are spamming the shit out of this epic build thread... Need to leave room for body kits, Rotas and Password:JAM res socks...

13. infest

infest Member

Epic made me giggle
    I hate my fagwagon but it's cheap nasty and easy fixed

14. haubi

haubi Member

hey stav sent you a pm with a few questions ! would appreciate your help !

haubi

15. Ed

Ed Anti-Dibs

Love the thread Stav, very inspirational :D

16. alextull1

alextull1 cool as a fan

Shame you couldn't afford moar stickerbomb

17. ragge

ragge Member

Very nice way of describing what drifting is for some of us...
    Atleast its very similiar for me too:

Take a car you can afford to destroy, and simply try to destroy it, while having a lot of fun.
    If it does'nt fall apart, great!
    And if it does, no midlife crisis, because the car havent been that expensive, so the cost of the car or the build/ parts won't take away the fun of driving it as hard and retarded as possible, because you wont worry if the shitter goes into another epic specced drift car, a wall or anything other scary, and if your so unlucky to break the engine you could still smile and see the fun in what drifting really is:
    Getting all the fun you possibly can out of a car, in means of high revving, cluch kicking, retarded driving..... :)

Whats important for me with a drift car, is to have a reliaible engine ond drivetrain, that gives you seat time.
    Then, use as little money as possible on exclusive parts and upgrades, because that wont give you better skillz.
    Then, use that money at driving time instead.
    Then, drive like an arse, and you will because no very expensive parts will break that you are afraid off.
    And thats how you can get maximum fun :) Simple :)

Everytime people ask me why I "destroy" my E30, I just say for me it isnt destroying the car, because I dont care... All I want is skidding, exploding tires, fucking up paintwork and getting new bumps... Thats just a part of the fun, telling other the car is being used... Which is a very good thing :)

#57 ragge, Jan 7, 2012
    Last edited: Jan 7, 2012
  18. Stavros

Stavros Active Member

Ragge- Exactly!

EPICCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC update time!

New drift skid drift epic drift skid rims, yo.

My original set of drift rims cost me an almighty £62 with tyres, but I have some new badboys too...

[​IMG]

I mean, 5 spoke, dished, so, they MUST be Rota GTR-Ds! Woweee, epic win, etc etc. Might have to get them banded so they're 12JJJJJJ with a minus 30 offset so I can run overfenders, yo. Epic tyte flush stanceness lowz something. Helps you drift, y'know.

TBH, they were FREE, the bloke over the road wanted rid of them, they off a Clio, so 4x100 etc so fit fine. 6x14s with 175 wide tyres, very road legal tyres too. Ideal to wreck on drift days.

Another drift day next wed actually...

19. m.d.

m.d. Active Member

I lol'd. You would think that is the only way to drift from some of the posts on here.

20. Clive

Clive Active Member

Bit of a hypocrite surely?

Been a member since 2005, and pretty sure you haven't done much 'skidding' but instead built 'mental epic' cars 'Yo' until this MX5 come along! lol

certainly for the past 2 years at least...