DriftGarage SR20DET an S2000!

Thread in 'Project Cars and Builds Threads' started by Sam H, Dec 14, 2011.

1. chidley

chidley i like fingers

i love how quickly mitch and driftgarage can turn cars around, it was only about 3-4 months ago i was down there and they hadnt even started the subaru yet, now thats pretty much sorted and they've got this almost there too.. lot of respect for them...:)

2. Bigfire14a

Bigfire14a Member

sweet! a honda with torque :p

3. spin-king

spin-king Active Member

sweet build always thought these would go better with a sr in.

fingers crossed boyo (MITCH) you will have my toy to convert sooner rather than later xxx

4. Mitch

Mitch In moderation

It still needs the rev counter, speedo and temp gauges sorting but Pete is getting a sparky to get convertors sorted if he doesn't go for the full standalone dash. My brief was to get it in the car, running and able to move under its own steam, and the niggly bits and exhaust, intercooler and trim will be done by Pete as he's more than capable and then I can move on to doing the next car on the ramps.

To be fair I'm surprised how long it took but as it isn't my car, I had to be careful on how much I cut away etc so had to remove and refit the engine and box loads of times, mostly on my own and that takes time. Then with the loom I checked and rechecked everything even though I believed it to be right because if I let all the smoke out of the wires I'd have to find another loom at my cost, whereas if it was a dirty Neesan I could just go upstairs or outside and get one. There was a bit of a break for Christmas in there too. Excuses excuses I know but if you see Brian's one, it was done in a week so hats off to him, and I'd just like to reiterate my thanks to him for the advice he passed on to me and generally for being an all round good guy.

Yep, hopefully Tony. Like I told you, the delay is no problem. If I'm available when the car is, I'm still up for doing the conversion for you :thumbs:

5. Mitch

Mitch In moderation

Oh, and I chucked a set of rims on there to see if Pete was interested but he didn't bite. I think they fit perfectly and with some lowering would look mint.

[​IMG]

#65 Mitch, Jan 11, 2012
    Last edited: Jan 11, 2012
  6. brennon

brennon Active Member

really interesting/enjoyable thread to read, i think the quality of work shines through with things like making sure the turbo can be changed with the engine in situe.

7. mada2607

mada2607 Member

nicely done lads, going to be interesting to see this on the slide

8. Sam H

Sam H Troll Dispatch

YES!
    [​IMG]

9. mr2barri

mr2barri Member

brilliant conversion and fast turnaround! like to see more of these great work :-)

10. eskimo_god

eskimo_god Member

nice job! fancy going a engine swop in a mx5?..

11. Mitch

Mitch In moderation

Only if I can find a way to fit the S body crossmember, front suspension etc. Jamie's one keeps shitting engines and it's too much of a coincedence that he's had his sump extended and pickup pipe moved, and I won't pay 2K for a rear SR sump.

Oh, and only on my own car, as converting other peoples doesn't earn much money.

12. podgedun

podgedun Member

Get videos of it actually prop driving, looks epic

13. peter barber123

peter barber123 Active Member

This afternoon I removed the aircon rad and pipes/canister etc from the car and have moved the two earth lugs for the headlight units, these were moved to enable the intercooler pipes to have a more direct route without snagging, also the expansion tank has to be moved closer to the strut top. The intercooler we are using is from a Mitsubishi Evo and is at the moment sat in situe just requiring 2 small brackets making and the rad brackets extending as the rad has to be tilted back

14. gaz_moose

gaz_moose .MTM.

man. you should have left the aircon in. ice cold skids in the summer would be awesome.

15. Mitch

Mitch In moderation

Aircon is for girls. Wind the window down.

16. Sam H

Sam H Troll Dispatch

Man, i disagree with this, when I had my aircon, it was the tits in the summer, sat on the track with my windows up while every other silly bugger was in their cars sweltering.

17. Mitch

Mitch In moderation

And you like netball. My case is rested.

18. Tony N

Tony N Member

Was watching the Dubai 24hrs this afternoon, the Lambo GT cars run AC, pimp.

19. peter barber123

peter barber123 Active Member

Erm, it's a soft top ;)

20. gaz_moose

gaz_moose .MTM.

all the more reason.:D