Gun range

Thread in 'Other Chat' started by C1arke, Dec 29, 2011.

1. skyinsurance

skyinsurance gripper

Clay pigeon shooting?

2. adamszki

adamszki biscuit not kouki

i have been told (wether its true or not i would like o find out) that in thailand or vietnam you can pay to shoot a rocket launcher at cows!

3. hug - lo

hug - lo Active Member

^^^ This is true! I had the offer made to me personally when i was at a gun range in Thailand, we could go on a excursion over the border to Cambodia to shoot up to 10 cows with rocket mounted grenades. £150!
    Was actually quite expensive seeing as 3 hours shooting every pre 00's gun you can imagine cost £15 - The cost of livestock i guess. Needless to say i declined the offer - No really into the whole killing animals thing!

4. bell

bell Without patience

was about to say cambodia, read about it never been offered the experiance.
    there is bisley down surrey way, i stayed there whilst working at a prison. its a massive rifle range worthy of going to.

5. Phil Mann

Phil Mann Member

They will let you play with loads of cool toys if you do this. When i was a army cadet i got to fire loads of different guns, i even got to fire a machine gun in the middle of a solar eclipse.

6. Disco

Disco Hamburger Hinderer

My cousin has done the Cambodia thing, 'cept not with cows. He spent a few minutes filling an old US Army jeep with some form of lead. Apparently it was a heavy mounted machine gun, sounds ace though!

7. S15 Guy

S15 Guy Member

When I've saved up what I need i'm planing to do a trip to the nurburgring I will also pay a visit to this place only 3 hours away!lol

Been into all types of firearms my life and do clay shooting usually every other week. That's the only exciting thing you can really do in the UK as to real shooting. I've been to the US a few times and shot a few hand guns from .44 magnums to standard police issue beretta's. But there is now a new law in the states inforced by Obama that only US residents are now only allowed to shoot at ranges, purchace ammo and hire guns! Got turned away from every rage I could find until we found some hillbilly place that was a real eye opener as to how unsafe there gun practice was and the condition of the guns!:no:

8. MC2

MC2 Active Member

Groupon were offering a day at Bisley for £29...........Have a search for that.

9. rich1988

rich1988 Member

@ s15 guy, when did they change the laws in the Us ?!?! thats retarded, are you sure it applies to all states?

10. flamez

flamez Member

just come to hackney lol.

Seriously though i fired a couple of guns/rifles in dubai at a gun club. The new luger handgun is bloody scary! hard kickback and very powerful. I was never really scared of guns even after being held up at gunpoint in tottenham years ago, its wasn't until i actually fired the luger that i gained a serious fear of them.

11. Jono395

Jono395 Member

made me lol!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

fuck my life!!!!!!! Lol lol lol

12. Jono395

Jono395 Member

Lowering the tone:

13. gouwy

gouwy Member

sig 550 with an "accidental few" bumpfires"
    [video=facebook;10150570914732269]http://www.facebook.com/video/video.php?v=10150570914732269[/video]

thank god i live in belgium...

14. Dex

Dex kut!

can us dutchies shoot those in BE? :D groupbuy? xd

15. kam

kam I've touched Chris Parry

Ah what, that change in US law sucks.

I shot a Glock, MP5, M16 and some .45 that spat flames last time I was there.
    Wounder.

16. RyanH

RyanH Lacks skills

Bisley aint bad... once they get the electronic scoring targets back up n running!

I work for one of the main ballistic companies in the UK so I get to do a bit of shooting :)

17. Polo

Polo Sr20 parts man!

I went to one in thialand, we wer allowed to us shot guns, 9mm, half inch hand guns, ak47, etc etc. I was told we could go and throw grenades at chickens and cows if we wanted.

18. cromwell

cromwell down under

Im going shooting in Poland in a few months, its relatively cheap there if you find the right places and you can shoot anything you like :) I go clay pigeon shooting quite a lot. Closest thing you would get to firing an AK in the UK would be a .22 repeating replica but you would need a FAC

19. wst

wst Member

Only 'fun' shooting you can really do in the UK is shotguns or at really long range... both available at Bisley. I used to do a fair bit of shooting at school, then joined the local rifle club (where the limit is smallbore :() with no FAC (I had to join the NSRA to compete nationally and didn't need a FAC for that either) , but frankly it's not the most thrilling of shooting other than from a technical standpoint. A small crack and a hole in a piece of paper. Repeat until the card is completed. Club rifles were ok to start with, but after a certain point you need to get anal about precision such that letting anyone else use 'your' rifle is a horrible experience, especially if they adjust it at all. Hence why I don't shoot much now...

The fullbore stuff is much more fun, at 600 yards, on Century range at Bisley, it was an awesome feeling of power firing a shot, and then hearing the echo of the sonic boom off of the trees at the sides of the range. Luckily I was shooting with Cadets, because it was 53p per round, and that's gone up to over £1 per round now!

Shooting is expensive. Either that's because you have super expensive mega anal .22 kit, or each shot costs most of a litre of petrol, or you've got to fly somewhere like the USA or Siberia to play with something fun.

Or you're getting shot at in a ditch in the middle east.

20. Airr

Airr Member

just go poland for the weekend or whatever!