DEREK KING doesnt know jack

Thread in 'Project Cars and Builds Threads' started by derek king, Jan 7, 2011.

1. derek king

derek king Member

sneak peak of the new skirts spats and flares.
    [​IMG]

2. harry.k

harry.k Member

my mate makes full arches for an r33 will try and get a pic up of them on my car or hes on facebook if u want his page !!

3. derek king

derek king Member

Yes sir I really would like more info and price. Etc. Thanks a bunch

4. derek king

derek king Member

5. derek king

derek king Member

Doing new aero on the 180. Still debating on what tho. BN or works9 Im thinking.
    Also doing new wheels.
    [​IMG]

6. derek king

derek king Member

[​IMG]
    As of lately.
    BREAKING
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

7. derek king

derek king Member

Well now that I finally started driving this R33 again and finding more things that need addressed I figured I should come back here for some good info where this chassis might be more common.

First question is Sway Bars. Are most people with this really long wheel base using a strong bar? I ask because I't doesn't seem that mine are blown and my first time out I was getting extreme wheel hop in the rear enough to where even with tire pressures jacked way up it was terrible.

anyone retrofit S chassis bars on? Finding R chassis things in USA is nearly impossible

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

8. BenRice

BenRice Well-Known Member

Any s-chassis bar will fit (S14 or S15 will fit easier) but a GTR or GTS4 bar is best. IIRC they are around 24mm thick. The poxy 16mm one's don't do shit.

Try nab a Whiteline one if you're stuck for factory options. Just beware if you're running low and a big exhaust clearance may be an issue.

9. derek king

derek king Member

Reason I ask is I have some cusco s13 bars laying around. I heard the back will work but I didn't think getting the front to work was feasible. I'm assuming I would have to drill holes in the control arms since the factory stock bar doesn't mount to the LCA.

Front mods currently are.
    modded knuckles
    25mm extended lca
    cusco uppers.
    offset rack bushings.

rear I'm currently prepping to put an s14 rear subframe in so I can get rid of the hicas delete and tie rods back there. subframe risers and instal my spl toe arms. (already has adjustable uppers)
    trying to prevent wheel hop and pretty much anything that would prevent axles breaking too often.
    Car is only 320 hp.
    It is rather low tho.

10. BenRice

From what you were saying about the axle tramp i thought you were talking about rear only. Front won't fit sadly.

As for trying to stop axles breaking, GTR rear diff, axles and hubs seem to be the best if you're already breaking 5x1's. Or you can look at shortening the rear LCA - works well if you have wide wheels and want to reduce rear camber too. Doing it at the bush is the best option.

Stiffer settings on the dampers solved my wheel tramp, as well as solid subframe bushes - just watch out on the clearance between the rear camber arm and the chassis rail as with solid subframe risers it reduces it a lot.

11. michealkirwan

michealkirwan Member

youre cars are class now i miss my skyline! your s14 what way is your rear have you spacers to fill your arches or just real offset wheels?

12. derek king

derek king Member

I'm not yet having issues with breaking axles i'm just trying to prevent it from happening. I hate working on my car at the track or really at all hahaha.

Going to get new coilovers before spring. The current are Old Teins that are most likely getting worn out. That matched with the solid subframe risers Im hoping will take care of the wheel hop.

I'm hoping if the mounting points line up for the front sway bar I can get it to work by mounting the ends to the LCA like on S chassis.

13. derek king

derek king Member

Thanks. I'f I remember correctly the wheel size where Gramlight 57d 18x9.5 +12 with 30mm rear overfenders and no wheel spacers.

14. BenRice

Eerily the same scenario. I had old Teins and bad axle tramp when doing low speed stuff. Swapped to new BC Golds and went away, only got the odd shudder when being especially violent at low speeds, and that cleared up with the solid bushes.

S13 front swaybar fouls on sump because RB engines are longer than SR/CA/KA, but you can try

15. derek king

derek king Member

RIght on. Thanks Ben, I will try and see if someone can keep an eye out on YJP for a front bar for me.

16. derek king

derek king Member

Just some stuff. Pretty much hate the uras front aero.
    BN coming for 2016 if all goes as planned.[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

exploded the uras pretty bad. Currently this. which is meh.
    [​IMG]