Drifting in the North East

Thread in 'Other Chat' started by CrabsterDrift, Feb 8, 2012.

1. CrabsterDrift

CrabsterDrift Callum Craddy

I doubt i'l be drifting the yoko tomorrow night. Got work til about 8ish I think so it'd be to late by time i finish.

And i've used my 3 free weeks so need money for membership!

2. kroozin86

kroozin86 Member

Just seen this callum :p Think i'll join in, they used to run this at the back of my house, looks like now its over the road from my girl friends house :p Time to fix my tl-01 or mrr2, i'd love to run the mrr2 but its not 1:10 scale, its a 1:10 mini and i dont have a shell for it. Might just go invest in a sprint 2 or the like.

3. CrabsterDrift

All different sizes are ran man. Had a 1/24th there last week haha!

Not sure how much i'l be getting there actually now... Suddenly had a change round at work and I've gone full time which seems to involve a lot of wednesday nights :C

4. cory

cory Member

I'll hopefully be there again tonight. Finally got some drift tires might take the new chassis too

5. CrabsterDrift

6. cory

cory Member

ive just bought a couple of packs of those small cones they use for foot ball and stuff (not many cones maybe 10) but easy to transport and use as clipping points, so ill throw them in the boot when im there next (prob next week)

7. CrabsterDrift

Sweet man! Hopefully I'l be there next week... Got roped into working yesterday :\

Also - Talks going on right now in relation to building a permanent track in Hartlepool for RC drifting :) Need more people!

8. dr3w

dr3w New Member

Are people going down again this wed nite?? I'll do my best to turn up baby/work permitting! We need to get the numbers up!! Not done much to mine except raise the suspension after wrecking the bottom of it having a drift about on Cory's farm!! We should try to get some videos up if I manage to link a few corners together, and not look like a total spaz! Need more drift action up here, even if it is RC!!

9. cory

cory Member

My diff is solid now so I'd be up for it yeah. Not tried it out yet tho. If it dries up a bit I'll have a go later

10. CrabsterDrift

I now know. I should be there tomorrow night! Best get my batteries charged

11. drift it

drift it Member

i'll tey and get there if i can, work permitting.

12. ScottieDH

ScottieDH New Member

is that the same industrial estate that Ape skatepark was situated on, if so i kinda kno the way there. i can get a train from durham to within a 10min walk i think.

13. mattyb123

mattyb123 Member

ill try and come down with my brother if its still on this Wednesday and its ok.

14. cory

cory Member

Its on every Wednesday. There's prob gonna be a couple of us this week. Not sure if Callum will be there tho

15. mattyb123

mattyb123 Member

ok cool see yous tomorrow

16. CrabsterDrift

Yeah annoyingly til the BMW is sorted I might not be there wednesday nights. I should be next wednesday though :)

17. dr3w

dr3w New Member

We had a gd nite lastnite with quite a few drift cars turn up and some new faces! So going forward the organisers have been discussing letting us use the venue on another night, but we'd need to have some definite names and numbers before they see if its financially doable on their part and on a regular basis!

Having a nite for drifting only would be loads better as we wouldnt have to worry about the other guys (racers and buggies) flying around the track, and we wouldnt be pissin them off by knackin up their lap times!

I know of 5 local people that would be up for it most weeks off the top of my head, 2 new lads lastnite, and then theres all the normal racing club members coz some of em seemed pretty interested in the whole thing as its different to their usual grip stuff.

Ideas going forward could be to have 3 practice sessions, then once a month we could have a competition night which could be judged by a few of us...!

Its a cheap(ish) nite out where you get to go sideways without gettin pulled over or moved on!

Who's onboard...?

18. CrabsterDrift

I'd already spoke to them about that. Probably need at least 15 of us I believe is what he said.

But yep, I'd be up for it :) *Hopes for monday nights*

19. mattyb123

mattyb123 Member

we are definitely up for it, was a good laugh and everyone was very friendly

matty

20. drift it

drift it Member

i'd be up for it too, will be down this wednesday peeps.