Emigrating to somewhere better than the UK

Thread in 'Other Chat' started by Fruitbooter, Mar 28, 2012.

1. FlikstRR

FlikstRR 330D powered

I've been dreaming about this for years.. but just too much debt uk side for it to be viable atm.. and my otherhalf isnt keen on leaving her family here.

I lived in the states for 3 years while i was a youngen.. Tucon/mesa, Arizona to be exact for the most part. best time of my life ever. Would sell everything i own If I was garantee'd entry again/ could get a job. Doubt 11yrs professional web design/ web app development & general coding etc is enough these days with the amount already in the stats/ nz/aus. :(

2. sx-si

sx-si anti-copy parts

im actully waiting on a job offer from australia
    i know that their is a points system for the australia though, but its mainly for skilled jobs

i did want to goto the US but after speaking to some friends over there the econemy doesnt look too appealing
    allthough you can get a 7bed house in wisconsin for round £100k last time i checked a few months ago,
    but fact is i think i would struggle for a job

m just going for a year and if i stay then i stay, but in my eyes this country is screwed and a single man trying to buy a house isnt really possiable

3. docwra

docwra Active Member

You can buy a 4 bedroom house for £55K in Merthyr if you want to, its not really indicitave of the rest of the country though. You think you are going to get a mortgage the day you arrive in the US as well? ;)

4. sx-si

sx-si anti-copy parts

that was for a repo house that the bank took,
    it was around 40min drive from milwaukee city in one of the posher area's
    no im not expecting a morgage as soon as i get anywhere as im not even going to the US
    bt its useful to look at what accomadation will cost and compare it with rough wages
    also worth remembering is that the house tax per year can be a very large % of what you paid for the house

yes i agree its not really a indication as to the rest of the US but thats the research you would have to do when you decide ona area
    plus quite a few of the states are bigger then the uk
    sorry i should of put a bit more info in the first post but i didnt want to do a essay

5. PJ-R

PJ-R Member

My wifes japanese so im of there in 2013.
    There are plenty of english teachers required.

6. -sideslide-

-sideslide- "ent it"

Two of the people that I used to work with got jobs in California pretty easy one works for google now. He said its like a different world compared to what we all had in london :). The other has started his own company and is raking it in but before that worked for a media(tv iirc) company doing PHP/mysql work.

7. ragge

ragge Member

all countries are filled up with other people....
    last ten-fiftheen years, norway is being stuffed up with polish and estland people, there so many of them that you soon would believe 50% of the population sorruonding our capital is eastern europe... A too many of them unemployed too, why TF do we have unemployed people from eastern europe in norway?? Not because of much sun and great weather, thats for sure.

The new thing is all the spanish, greece and romanians, which isnt a good thing because there isnt infinetely many jobs for everyone even here. All trying to escape from their own countries with totally fucked up economy...

8. 4ever_sideways

This is the problem with NZ, we seem to be letting every man and his dog into the country. As you said above most of the country is from somewhere else. Most of the people who move here will get a job and do alright, then you get the rest of them who sit on their ass and do fuck all, like we don't have enough of those kind already. A lot of people from NZ want to go to England??????

9. Swampy442

Swampy442 Active Member

Im moving to NZ in 3 years :D

10. Jord200

Jord200 Active Member

same as everybody else.... i'd love to live the 'california dream'! have done for years... yeah id be frightened leaving everything i know here to start again, but the benfits from doing so would be mega! just wish our lass would turn a page and see what values i see in doing it.... this country is on its arse, FACT. and i'd happily pass this shithole up on the first available opportunity!

Any product designers required in So.Cal?! :D

11. bessell

bessell Member

I looked into moving to the us but found there wasn't very much work at all for my job, I'm a stone mason, specialized in historic building conservation although I can do floors and paving etc, so having a skilled trade doesn't always work out, so I will stick with the UK and hope that I win the lottery lol

12. docwra

docwra Active Member

NEVER! Surely every country in the world is better than the shitty UK ......... if you listen to these moaning bastards it is anyway. :euge:

Bessell - try somewhere with older houses mate ;)

13. Mau5

Mau5 Member

I haven't been hassled once by police driving the s15 around, and regarding houses here they are cheap, but to buy the land is crazy!

14. Gavwan

Gavwan Back to Black

I like the UK. I see the attraction to the countries mentioned and in another life I'd spend a year in Australia and Japan but the grass looks even greener than usual during the current economical climate.

15. topi

topi KlutchKickKidz

I moved, don't regret it at all, but can now see that the UK wasn't that bad really. Eveywhere has it's ups and downs, it just depends where your interests are.

I like open space, and the ability to be an idiot without someone flipping out about it, so BC Canada was a good move for me. Other people might get bored shitless here after a month or so.

And you caunts are more than welcome to stay, the price is 4 beej's a day.

16. sx-si

sx-si anti-copy parts

hats the scene like over there topi?
    many tracks near you?
    skiddy holiday to canada sounds quite cool

17. docwra

docwra Active Member

No offence Si (you know me well enough by now) but anyone who emigrates for the drift scene is a dick.

18. mint

mint touch my fruit

Why so? I know of plenty people who skipped the ship here and buggered off to live in Japan for drifting / car related reasons.. Take Andy for example.. now compete's in the D1SL. Christian just got a position to drift for Team Orange aswell. Far better than working a 9-5 job here and doing the odd drift day now and again imo,.. thats if your into that kinda thing of course.

19. docwra

docwra Active Member

I was actually going to add "unless you are a pro driver with the promise of a drive". Christian wasnt out there and got the drive, he got the drive and then looked at going out there with a rucksack full of cash and Andy was already running a business out there, no?

James Cock seems to have done alright mind you and Mitto cant have just been selling his body out there to get by, but the impression I get wioth those guys is that drifting was just part of it, I might be wrong though.

20. sx-si

sx-si anti-copy parts

nooo not emigrating for a drift scene lol
    drifting is just a hobby/ bit of fun for me
    but i was just curious if i could make a good skidding holiday over in canada with topi and a few friends for a week or 2

im only looking at like a year or two abroad and just seeing the world a bit, plus enjoying the weather
    as to be fair the uk just depresses me