Drift One Buxton weekender. April 14th & 15th. ODC Round & Twin Drift Battles.

Thread in 'Drifting Chat / Pictures / Videos' started by JohnJ, Mar 26, 2012.

1. rutter

rutter Member

Day one is over for the track everyone's hitting the bar everyones had a brilliant day so far team drift comp went very well and was a tough battle for all
    Odc tomorrow should be a close one with everyone still on a high from dominating the final track open for practice from 12pm groupon taxi rides from 8am

2. Andy_F

Andy_F S13+S15=S28?

Well, lost my Buxton virginity today. Although not driving, I had a few good passenger rides and got a good feel for the place. Love the atmosphere and the attitudes, quality train too. Really fun looking track, I'd love to have a go in a beater one day. Will definately be around for more once it gets warmer out - that place really does have its own weather system!

3. titchster

titchster Member

Was a good day, shame the weather couldn't decide what it was doing, but fun non-the-less.

Andy_f, your JZX is lovely. :)

Really shitty quality vid (didn't realise HOW bad until I just watched it back on the laptop) of the team comp drift train;
    [​IMG]

4. Andy_F

Andy_F S13+S15=S28?

Not mine anymore mate, now Drift Dango's! She still looks pretty good though. :)

5. Andy_F

Andy_F S13+S15=S28?

A quick train vid:

[video]www.youtube.com/watch?v=FYwGuIC8K4w[/video]

6. Liam.

Liam. Active Member

Nice ! So gutted I Diddnt have a car uP there today!

7. Paz

Paz -NIGHTSPIRIT FAMILY- UK Drift Since 2001

As i said Andy, S15 is lush :) One day i'll get one heh!

Great day, loved the train, more of that! Worked all week to get my car sorted only to fall at the last hurdle as the brakes seem to have stopped working properly for some reason. Next time eh?!

8. MrNick

MrNick I love Ibiza!

sweet vid ...gotta love the passion of the buxton guys ...

this is funny ,found on the side bar ..

9. [jay]

[jay] Member

anyone else see the airborne bmw? that was pretty crazy

10. titchster

titchster Member

Yeah, I was on track at the time. Came round the corner to find a Bimmer trying to climb the tyres, certainly interesting...

Cheers for letting us finish that session BTW guys, I know in a lot of cases we'dve been pulled off track while you recovered it, and that would have been game over, so much appreciate letting us finish it off after. :)

Just out of curiosity, how does Rich Grindrod manage to attach himself to the car in front, and just adapt to match their pace, regardless of how fast/slow they go, and still look as though it's his normal pace? Guy's unreal!

#110 titchster, Apr 15, 2012
    Last edited: Apr 15, 2012
  11. rtlkyuubi

rtlkyuubi Member

Amazing weekend! Massive thanks to Adam for letting me have a go in the death coupe, That think is mental! haha

Also I lent my iphone charger to someone but forgot who it was, If you could keep hold of it till next buxton, that would be mint!

#111 rtlkyuubi, Apr 15, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 15, 2012
  12. kyky

kyky Member

Awesome weekend, major thanks to ryan for letting me use to Granada as a tent though uncomfortable at times it was warm!!! Loved every second of this weekend as much as other gone by and others to come. Well done to those who ran the competitions so smoothly, so onto next time....

13. fez06

fez06 Member

want to thank everyone for a mint day.

was driving the orange steam train s13 lol with my mate. loved it for my first ever time defo going to be coming again. have some turbo and breathing issues to sort out first tho lol.

lack of experience, confidence and rushing car to gether made it a short day but hopefully next time will grow some balls and try harder lol.

hats off to you guys that make it look easy iv found out today its not as i thought : ) some brilliant drifting

14. Jebend

Jebend Member

Amazing weekend! Saturday was so nuts as one minuet it's sunny, then it started to hailstone haha! Sunday me and Luke were abit worried about the anticlockwise track as we hadn't done it that way very often but we gradually got used to it...after about 10 near misses :wack: cannot wait till next month now!

#114 Jebend, Apr 15, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 15, 2012
  15. Dirrt

Dirrt Delusional Drifters

16. Broadley

Broadley Member

13 car drift train nuff said. Gutted I didn't have my car ready felt left out lol, roll on next month for me getting in everyone's way spinning.
    Ryan, you lent it to Luke I'll text him to bring it next month, he looked for you but you'd bugger'd off.

17. mattxr2

mattxr2 Member

awesome weekend, loved every minute :)

cant believe my car behaved and drove home fine too haha

18. Turbo Gav

Turbo Gav Member

Just got back to the workshop ,thanks to everyone for a top weekend at Buxton I really enjoyed it. Proper nice group of people to chat and drift with :) see you all again soon!!

19. scottc1088

scottc1088 Member

i went just for sunday but was a good day out and was my first drift day, i was in the red rx7
    ill see you all next month

20. gitgroup

gitgroup Member

Awesome weekend. Loved every min of it and will be back next month.