officially raped on ebay!

Thread in 'Other Chat' started by Nickson-Msport, Apr 19, 2012.

1. Nickson-Msport

Nickson-Msport Active Member

checked my statement today to find a final value fee for an engine i sold on ebay for £2800. robbing bastards took £223 fee! i always thought it was a maximum of £40 fvf, but after checking buisness sellers just get charged 10% to whatever value! but you can sell a car on ebay and have a maximum fvf of £20 for a much higher transaction value.

cant believe it looks like im going to have to pay £223 for the privilage of selling an engine, that i could have sold on pistonheads for £20 fee

mental!
    how any buisness can rely on ebay sales alone and still make money is beyond me at these silly fee rates

rant over

2. r3k1355

r3k1355 Well-Known Member

Just start signing up with new accounts, sell the engine and take the money then fuck the account off without paying the fee's.

3. mint

mint touch my fruit

4. richy d

richy d Active Member

This!!ebay are dodgy fuckers,so why not play em at their own game.

5. sx-si

sx-si anti-copy parts

ive been wondering for ages why their isnt a auction site that doesnt end at a set time, rather it finished 10mins after a bid
    so you bid then if nobody bids in 10mins then they win

6. cefiro_drifta

cefiro_drifta Mad pointing Munky

Trademe in nz works like that Si. If someone bids in the last 60 seconds it Automatically puts another minute on the auction. I have auctions run over its fonish time for nearly an hour. eBay is a Fuckin con

7. r3k1355

r3k1355 Well-Known Member

Thats the basic premise of madbid.com isn't it? or is it another one of those odd online auction sites?

8. kalum

kalum New Member

I know what you mean but im sure you can set a reserve?

9. sx-si

sx-si anti-copy parts

No madbid works with a autobid system,
    You pay for bids but madbid also bids if they don't have enough bids to pay for the item plus their profit
    When they have enough real bids and profit madbid stops and let's tge real bidders fight it out

10. zowow

zowow Member

My problem is with PayPal.
    In 2003 I sold a mobile phone and the guy that paid used a stolen credit card.

He kept the phone and they charged back the purchase to my account. Sorted it all out there and then, until last weekend, they blocked my account, my parents account etc and put a negative balance of the transaction amount from 2003! ridiculous!

They say the only way i can get rid is to get the bank to reverse it, but theres like, a 60 day limit or something, so i've basically lost out on £200 odd twice!

I've stopped using it now :(

11. Nickson-Msport

have now tried to list another item, and ebay are now asking for my credit/debit card details so they can automatically refund money into buyers accounts whenever there is a dispute. this surely just further fuels the scammers out there, who can buy an item, recieve, then file a dispute, knowing they will most likely receive a refund!

everything about ebay protects the consumer and not the seller. sellers cant even leave negative feedback anymore! i recently sold a ramp on ebay and it took 3 times to actually get a buyer who came and paid and took the item away. all the other people who wasted my time and money listing the item, got off scot free, and i couldnt even leave bad feedback on there profile!

ebay is just becoming a joke, which is a massive shame, as it is a really good base for selling things, but its getting to the point where its just to risky selling on ebay, the huge fees, coupled with the protection for consumers, actually provides a good base for buyers to scam honest sellers and get away with it.
    rant over, for now! lol

12. Bustedbikez

Bustedbikez Member

i run a motrocycle salvage company on ebay buddy, i know your pain, it feels like all the profit goes on the ebay and paypal charges :(

13. Nickson-Msport

how does this buyer protection work anyway? how do ebay make sure the item is returned to you if they file a dispute, and they are automatically refunding. if a buyer isnt happy with an item, i am usually happy to offer a refund if they send the item back. but i would be mega pissed off if ebay refunded them automatically, and i didnt even get the item back!

what other sites do people use to sell items. some rich buisnessman or facebook etc needs to reinvent ebay, with fair protection for both buyer and seller, and reasonable fees! with many people starting to get pissed off with ebay, im sure a rival company with fair policys would be an instant hit. ebay are getting greedy now! and dont give a crap about there customers. surely facebook could develop something as they already have a huge audience, they could incorporate it into the std platform that is already there!

14. hug - lo

hug - lo Active Member

I've bought and sold tons of stuff on preloved.co.uk - Only thing is it's no where near as big as ebay! Cheap though at £5 for 12 months!

15. Kings

Kings New Member

If i sell on ebay i tend to cancel te transaction after the sale. that way theres no fees and you still get to the deal and get feedback as usual.. fuck those money scamming cunts

16. DW_Gaz

DW_Gaz Member

Totally agreed, egay are a bunch of ripping twats. But not alot we can do about it, it's the biggest online marketplace and where everyone goes to buy. It's annoying, and the fact they own paypal too, just takes the piss.

17. tonigmr2

tonigmr2 Member

In fairness I was happy when they took the seller's ability to leave negative feedback away, it always used to be a blackmail tactic for bad sellers. Half the time even if you didn't get good service you couldn't complain because the seller would always wait for you to leave it first and leave you negative if you left it for them.

18. jankes

jankes Member

there is facebook store coming into live now, they want 149.99+vat for whole year but there is no restriction about how many things you may list and sell and no fees from sales,also its got limitless day format so if you list something it will be on unless you take it off.

19. jankes

jankes Member

if you do that to often they will start asking questions and can size your account

20. Jimthejunior

Jimthejunior Represent

Yeah but what about the fair sellers then? Some twat has just left me bad feedback, and we never completed the sale, he wanted me to send a pallett to some remote island and pay by money transfer. I opened a dispute to cancel the sale, he ignored it left me negative feedback saying he'd payed and id not sent them and now i can only leave him positive feedback. Great.