Finding a cheep starter

Thread in 'Drifting Chat / Pictures / Videos' started by Mrrking, Apr 25, 2012.

1. Mrrking

Mrrking New Member

Im trying to find a cheep starter it doesnt have to be drift ready a bonus if it is, but could you please help me out and throw some links at me so i can start looking at some anything up to £800 really!
    It will be a second car for a bit of fun as have a Clio Sport for a straight line with a tastysssss ;)

Im 18 so will need to be kinda aright on the insurance side
    Just want something for the weekends and the days i feel like going sideways:p

Thanks

#1 Mrrking, Apr 25, 2012
    Last edited: Apr 25, 2012
  2. Ridders92

Ridders92 Member

Do a search on here, this question has been asked soooooo many times :)

3. jeff.

jeff. Member

Is a mx5 a good starter car?

4. CrabsterDrift

CrabsterDrift Callum Craddy

as daftly underpowered as they are, he'd not get insurance on an MX5. Another reason why I sold mine last year.

I'm 19 and insured on a BMW but have 2 years NCB. As old man looking as they may be, You should get reasonably cheap insurance on a Volvo 340/360.. That was my first option but the BMW took over as soon as I noticed I could now get the insurance :)

5. oli_the_thread

MX5 is a cracking starter car (albeit I'm quite biased) and whilst they aren't powerful, I wouldnt say they're "daftly underpowered" they'll hold a drift quite happily and are very rewarding cars to drive, get a welder in it and it'll be a hoot to drive
    Insurance will be the only major issue he'll face, but if its a second car, find someone who'll insure a classic car at 18 and limited mileage policy and it shouldn't be all that rediculous.

6. Mrrking

Mrrking New Member

Well I doubt a mx5 would be much more then a clip sport with a lot more power, will try and find a quote and will see if I can fit it onto traders policy if not I'm with elephant do you think they will sort me out a second car or multi car if I rang them up?

Clio sport 172 is only £1800 and I'm 18 so how much you recon mx5?

Only if they did monthly insurance would be easier!

Cheers

7. Mr jake

Mr jake Member

I'm was 19 last year and insured my mx5 for £1200.
    Up for sale now if your interested.

8. Rossc0

Rossc0 Diesel Skidder

wtf is a straightline with a tastysssss??

9. Stavros

Stavros Active Member

Just get an MX5.

Just DONT fag out after 5mins like everyone else does and try and turbo it as you cant drift it properly.

10. Mrrking

Mrrking New Member

Just a few little mods ;)

11. Mrrking

Mrrking New Member

Will take a quick look now (:

12. Rossc0

Rossc0 Diesel Skidder

still dont understand

13. oli_the_thread

exactly this. everyone will tell you how easy and cheap it is to turbo them
    I'm halfway through a basic turbo build on mine now and my wallet is emptied as soon as it has money in buying bits and its taking forever.
    Seriously considering buying a standard mx5 to fuck about in in the mean time, wish I hadnt bothered now!

14. Sam...

Sam... Member

ffs why do people keep asking this !? " im 13 and im going to pass my test in 4 years stater car advise please" thats all you see on the Chat section dose my nut in!

step one find a car
    step two get a quote

then these threads are not nessesery !

15. docwra

docwra Active Member

I want to know where people think this magical £800 car that looks cool, has plenty of power, drifts well, is reliable and can be insured by an 18 year old is? Perhaps Lord Lucan took it with him?

16. josh

josh Member

I've got a good lil mx5 for sale if ur interested

17. richy d

richy d Active Member

I really dont understand these constant digs towards people who turbo mx5's:wack:

I mean dont get me wrong mx5's are great in standard form and don't need to be turbo'd to be able to drift,but if someone wants to turbo an mx5....why not??It's not going to hurt anyone??

And before you say it,no i don't drift my mazda.I have the bmw for smashing:smash:

18. Stavros

Stavros Active Member

Because pretty much NONE of them can drift! You've been on here 3 years yourself and only just done your 1st ever drift day, in another car, not your turbo MX5 project.

NOTHING wrong with a turbo or supercharged MX5, that makes a GREAT car.

But LOADS of people, including you, have bought MX5s with the intention to learn to drift, and either not once done a single drift day in them, just went straight to trying to turbo them without even being able to drift like you did, or do one or two drift days spazing out in the playpens, deciding they cant drift due to the MX5 'not being powerful enough', and then taking them off the road for a yr+ to turbo them, and then rarely if ever getting them back drifting.
    And the rare few that DO get back drifting, soon realise they STILL cant drift, but have even less of an excuse now, and someone who can drift, in a stock one, could out-drift them any day.

Fucking countless MX5 turbo drift projects on this forum, 99% of them owned by people who cant drift, most started by people who had never even done a drift day.

It's why I did my pisstake project thread on mine, as at the time the projects section first page was about 50% epppicccc lifestyler MX5 turbo projects by people who had never drifted in their lives.
    Fuck, getting sick of the constant faggy never drifted MX5 'drift' projects was half the reason I bought mine to batter and use properly.

#18 Stavros, Apr 26, 2012
    Last edited: Apr 26, 2012
  19. Mrrking

Mrrking New Member

I just want a cheep drift car dont care what it looks like just to have some fun in, power can be sorted out when got the car not going to be on the road if i buy one now for two months so got time to sort somthing out

20. mint

mint touch my fruit

lol :p

"Stavros; types the shit you dont have to!"