Starting out drifting - what car?

Thread in 'Drifting Chat / Pictures / Videos' started by CalumJDM, May 14, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CalumJDM

CalumJDM New Member

i am 17, but the car isnt going on the road. the car is going to be plainly for drifting (airfields etc.) so the age doesnt matter (for insurance etc) but the budget i have is what matters.

2. CalumJDM

CalumJDM New Member

The car isnt going to be insured, it will be for drifting only (airfields, racetracks etc).

3. Rubix_Cube

Rubix_Cube Member

Your clearly not as if you were really making an effort you'd have searched before posting making you look like an idiot.

You sound like the typical school kid that joins this forum.....

If its not being insured, how are you planning on getting it to a track.

Heres a song for you...

4. J.J.

J.J. Member

GTFO. Homework is a calling.

5. CalumJDM

CalumJDM New Member

Yeah, as i said, im trying to learn which is the reason i made this forum. if your wanting to be a dick then just leave? and it looks like you should go back to school and try using your head, use a trailer to transport the car. wo nice. nice song techniques too.

6. CalumJDM

CalumJDM New Member

JDLF, Restaurantjob isnt g phoning,

7. Rubix_Cube

Rubix_Cube Member

Really?! Made this forum? You clearly are not good with English.

Your going to use a trailer to transport the car, thats the obvious answer. Have you bought an appropriate tow car and a trailer? How are you going to insure that?

8. II TimmiTwoMillTurnover II

II TimmiTwoMillTurnover II Darkside Warrior

Never mind the search on here. There's this thing called google.

Take the banter and follow up with a better answer. Don't bite

9. CalumJDM

CalumJDM New Member

look, don't worry about how im getting around, thats sorted. all i wanted to know is some suggestions of some good cars for around £2,000. and no i didnt search the forums as im new here so i'd like my own post and i didnt know that everyone would get so mad over it. im new to it. and you had to be a dick?

10. Rubix_Cube

Rubix_Cube Member

Forum etiquette dictates you search before you post, its the same on all internet forums. People ask the same questions all the time and when this forum gets a "I'm new to drifting" post at least once a week you can understand the frustrations of the long term users.

For 2k there is alot out there. Plenty of cheap BMW's, old Nissans etc. Go look around the cheap cars and then go to drift days. A search would have shown you that.

The reason for the harshness is simply because 99.9999999% of 17 year olds who join this forum don't have a clue about the cost involved. Never mind buying a car, there is maintenace, transport, tyres, additional wheels, tools etc.

11. docwra

docwra Active Member

How do these people actually get on in life? Jesus man, youve been here 5 minutes and you are already calling everyone a dick, maybe you should consider your attitude rather than giving it the large to everyone else ..........

Being new here is the biggest reaosn to search the forums, not an excuse not to. Out of interest, who is going to drive the car that gets the car to the airfields?

And actually, what is it with everyone buying cars by committee these days? Can no-one actually make their own decisions, or even go the totally logical route of watching drift vids and seeing what people are using?

12. J.J.

J.J. Member

Bugatti's go for around £1800 these days, spend the rest on plastic tyres and your imaginary trailer & tow car?

13. Rubix_Cube

Rubix_Cube Member

Doc, don't be mad!! That ridiculous idea will NEVER catch on!

14. sammysideways

sammysideways Active Member

How are you going to get it to venues?

15. CalumJDM

CalumJDM New Member

thanks, i appreciate it and i am learning, im fine with costs, its just the car i wanted some suggestions on as there is loads.

16. CalumJDM

CalumJDM New Member

im calling people dicks because all im getting is answers with everyone being so mad just because i didnt research. i just wanted to know a few decent cars, maybe get an idea out of it. and yea i do watch the videos but obviously silvias etc are out of the budget just now :)

17. CalumJDM

CalumJDM New Member

Ferrari's stop six near $7,345 some other months. cost the calm off metal rims or someone elses thinking teaser % recovery van!

18. CalumJDM

CalumJDM New Member

Trailer, i have all of that sorted, please focus on the main question on ideas of a decent starter car for around £2,000.

19. Mr Greggles

Mr Greggles Member

Those responses definitely required 4 seperate posts. How about condensing it all down and typing in plain English?

For 2k, you could get a 13. Have you actually looked in the for sale section?!

S13, 1.7 turbo 340, numerous BMWs. All sorts of stuff. Use your initiative and your anus may survive to clench another day.

20. BIGT

BIGT Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.