I remember when...

Thread in 'Other Chat' started by PhilMorrison, Jun 4, 2012.

1. Jim_Bob

Jim_Bob Member

I remember "buying" Phil's S14a about 6 years ago, posting about it on a random forum, getting caught out and then getting my arse raped by the old skool DW posse...

2. RandomGuy

RandomGuy Harroooooooooo!

I remember "and cue the holy shit you mug" when I bought a freshly imported Neeeesan Skyline R33 gtst with some subtle mods for £14500 in 2002!

I sold it 2 years later for £4700. :(

3. RandomGuy

I also remember watching D1 exhibition at silverstone.

I remember or it could have been a dream Mitto owning a S14.5.

I remember Pod demos and the P1 licence bollocks. When Lex ran them and he'd take 105% of your cut at the end of the day. When I thought Bruno and Mitch were brothers and I thought they were amazing cos they brought their 13's on flat beds.

I remember setting up a www.driftevolition.co.uk cos I wanted to be admin so bad on DW so I rebelled, and having all of 6 members.

4. RandomGuy

I remember DW Rent a Crowd. Myself Webby and Rayman. And shouting Phil I wanna be In you in the grand stands to only get very awkward looks from people in the stand.

5. initial_j

initial_j Made guy

i remember anthony cahills z3

6. Moffatt

Moffatt Member

I remember meeting BON BON for the first time!!!

I remember having a amazing ENGINE!!!

I remember crashing on the irish roads going to a drift event on VIDEO!!!

7. Stavros

Stavros Active Member

All the oldest videos he used to show me in 2000-2001 sort of time I dont think are online any more, but James W was who introduced me to drifting.
    It was before YouTube existed, so people literally sent vids to each other on MSN Messenger and shit.
    Remember one, think Mitto was in it, Kiki, maybe Bon too, with lots of cars drifting round the roundabouts outside Silverstone.

There still some old ones of him around though...

The Mingelick flick

Oldskool AE86 streeto

#67 Stavros, Jun 6, 2012
    Last edited: Jun 6, 2012
  8. Ross

Ross D☆

Haha I remember that.. It took me ages to rename the pics with the same URL so they showed on the forum lol.

9. ragge

ragge Member

I also remember when BON BON used to post on DW...

I remember when Kenneth moen was the most awesome drifter in norway...

I remember seeing Aasbos E30 for the first time (first time I saw it) at rudskogen in 2006, doing fucking awesome skids with a 3 litre m3 engine...

I remember Aasbo at Drift battle licence day at rudskogen in 2007, testing his hydro brake for the first time...

I remember seeing some youtube videos of swedish E30's with S38's doing som awesome street skids...

I also remember when SR20-nissans rocked, and I remember the first supra mk4 used in powerdrift, it had std lock. No one understood why the fuck anyone would use a supra in drifting. (this was back in 2007)... It just wasn'nt as good as the 200 sx's.... Oh fuck.

EDIT: I remember when, back in drift battle licence day 2007, we saw a excoticly modified s14a with big driftworks stickers and side exhaust behind the door.... It made a lot of smoke, had orange rims and was loud, beautiful and awesome... Eating tires.

I also remember seeing the same car a couple of years later, being painted white and looking fucking terrible... All history and soul washed away.

#69 ragge, Jun 6, 2012
    Last edited: Jun 6, 2012
  10. Jim_Bob

Jim_Bob Member

I will never forget the shame I felt! Funny as hell looking back though, just seeing a hand drawn car made by what must have been a 7 year old where "my" newly purchased car with titanium block and 2.5 way diff once stood. Well played, good sirs!

11. PJ-R

PJ-R Member

i remember petrol was so cheap i could drive to work every day in my skyline and still have change for a few beers:cry:

12. Sam H

Sam H Troll Dispatch

I remember when tossbags were 1 per month.

13. Dubstar

Dubstar Active Member

i remember living in the Uk and flogging D1GP models at every show and making f all money
    including the d1gp demo, which ment i never actually saw any of the drifting lol.

i remember Dori mat finishing a project.... no hang on that was a dream

i remember getting shafted by ghost dancer

14. Jim_Bob

Jim_Bob Member

I remember when your post count was less than 1000 :thumbs:

15. brennon

brennon Active Member

I remember Bon Bon. What has happened to him nowerdays?

16. cefiro_drifta

cefiro_drifta Mad pointing Munky

casa del Jack, 10 people in a 2 roomed flat, 4 people in a bed, one wayward finger :| , 3-4 bottles of JD, feeding rabbits chilli's

and then this the next morning still drunk as fuck and/or rough as fuck

[​IMG]

:cry: miss lydd

17. lozza

lozza ChickFoot FTW!

I remember destroying the hotel rooms at The Rose and Crown when we were at Lydd for the L2k event and getting so drunk that i made Danny O'Brien talk to my mum on the phone at 2am LOL

I also remember when everyone used to go to Santa Pod shows and bring eachother nommy waffles.

18. cefiro_drifta

cefiro_drifta Mad pointing Munky

ahhh yes ... the good ol days of 2006/7

19. Mitch

Mitch In moderation

I remember getting bored of doing skids on the airfield at the back of camp at Waterbeach because I didn't know what I was doing, but I always knew I'd miss it when I left. Bought a tyre machine for £25 to change tyres for free and went skidding at lunchtimes, and some weekends when Paul Smith, Jord, Doc, Carter, Jase, Jenks etc would come over to play.

Wasn't that licence thing basically letting Lex have a thrash of your car? :D

I think everyone thought me and Bruno were brothers, he practically lived at my house and workshop.

We only used flatbeds cos I bought a Brian James tilt trailer for £100. Those were the days....

20. Mitch

Mitch In moderation

And I used to wonder if anyone would keep it up once they were married and had kids and lives etc. Luckily I was already married and had kids when I started so was allowed to continue. All those "lost" along the way-Eddie Ratdat, Barky, Alan Tang, Rob in the MR2, Simon Russell, Matt S and Bladey to name but a few.