Big angle limiter bashing!

Thread in 'Drifting Chat / Pictures / Videos' started by inertiaMS, Sep 24, 2012.

1. PeterT

PeterT fuck diffin.

2. dunnedriftin

dunnedriftin Member

X2 !! ''must erase this video from memory before i enter pit lane in mondello'' lol

3. woods1

woods1 Active Member

awesome stuff!

4. Tony N

Tony N Member

See that's what I want for Pod, a nice run up so we can launch it in! Good stuff mate!

5. Smiffy

Smiffy Member

What a fuckin entry! Well impressed mate!

6. Jimmy325

Jimmy325 Member

That is tremendous! I want an RB in my S14

7. chidley

chidley i like fingers

i want an rb in my e30 lol xD

8. tkddave

tkddave Member

you sir must have hugeeeeeee balls!

9. GermanOrJap

GermanOrJap Member

10. inertiaMS

inertiaMS Member

cheers guys!

11. topi

topi KlutchKickKidz

Hey when you're at the sort of angle on the entry, are you dragging the front wheels alot, or is it purely steering angle and the front is gripping?
    If you're letting the front wheels slip, are you controlling it somehow or is it just getting used to the feel. If that makes sense.

12. inertiaMS

inertiaMS Member

hey mate, fronts are well and truly sliding, this is one of the big things about my setup, unlike wisefab it embraces the lack of grip you get with wheel jacking at high angle, the easier your fronts slide, the more angle you can carry, and almost as important it makes the transition to regripping much softer.

you can control the car with your fronts even past their grip a little, but more important at that stage is controlling throttle, foot brake and hand brake, know exactly when to use them, and when the earliest point you can get on the throttle is, and exactly when you need to get back off it before it spins is all part of just practicing it enough.

although the skill seems silly and impractical for events like comps, you can pretty much never have to worry about spinning in competition again, especially if you couple it with a high lock setup as well.

13. topi

topi KlutchKickKidz

Nice nice. With that set up though, does it make the front end more washy when yo do want it to grip though? For wild flicky transitions and stuff.

14. inertiaMS

inertiaMS Member

you don't need big front grip for hard transitions, in fact you want less if anything. hard flicks are all about the movement of the car, fronts should only ever be used as a catalyst, and if used rightly, you only need the slightest amount of grip at the front to start the biggest amount of movement, it's all in using the weight of the car correctly. having less front grip allows you to catch the big transition easier as well, just like big entries, when you have more grip at the rear than the front, your car will resist yaw movement, this means you can throw it hard, and the balance of the car will pull up the movement quicker and easier and resist the car from spinning, if you have too much front grip and not enough rear, the opposite happens and the car just keeps moving around causing you to spin.

most drifters believe they need more front grip then they really do, a drift car being driven right is constantly sliding the fronts and using the rears for the steering and drive, and the fronts only as a catalyst to weight movement in the chassis.

there is a limit obviously to how much front grip you can lose where even mid drift you begin to fight the car from wanting to straighten, but that point is a lot lower than most people think. if people want to run high front grip setups then so be it, but they won't reap the rewards of the low front grip setup, where the only negatives can be driven around with enough practice.

#34 inertiaMS, Oct 4, 2012
    Last edited: Oct 4, 2012
  15. cefiro_drifta

cefiro_drifta Mad pointing Munky

Interesting stuff man.

16. carlrst

carlrst Member

great info!

17. Tony N

Tony N Member

I remember Paz saying something similar about less front-end grip makes for a faster car.

18. DevilsTower

DevilsTower full of lulz.

You are now my favourite man from down under. Hero! Please keep bashing that RB, it sounds awesome :D

19. [jay]

[jay] Member

Good skills man, possibly one of the most awesome entries I've ever seen. It's nice to see people share some knowledge and actually discuss drifting on here for once as well.

20. Santy

Santy New Member

An incredible angle. The engine is a RB20DET???