Playing in the mud

Thread in 'Other Chat' started by grant#1, Oct 14, 2012.

1. grant#1

grant#1 Active Member

Bought a nissan navara a few months back to tow my BDC 180sx
    So today i decided to see what it can do off road, Myself and Matt Hitchcock headed off to Essex pay n play
    when pulling in the gate i began to think what the hell am i doing.I pulled up next to the sign in box and couldnt fill in the paper work fast enough to get out in the mud.
    Having looked at a map we didnt have a clue where to go on the tracks and i was shiting myself !
    I drove round the same part of the track too scared to go down any hill i see lol
    Matt soon began to take the piss out of me and said it was time for me to follow him in his 4x4 Which i did and got brave and thought i was king kong lol

And then this happened lol

It was soo close to rolling it was just rocking there and i froze like a rabbit in headlights

More Photos on my Facebook page Welcome to Facebook

[​IMG][​IMG]

2. FireStorm999

FireStorm999 Active Member

Yeah ive done abit of this with a mates hilux,

i wouldnt be doing it in a new car like urs lol, weve got stuck so many times, nearly rolled it, got stuck where all 4 wheels were barely touching the ground but the middle of the undercarriage was pivoting, has to be rescued by a corsa ffs.

stuck in a field covered in snow, sank about 3 foot, spent 2 hours getting out, only to get stuck another 2meteres away.
    left the car in the field, walked 5miles home with my flimsy plimpsoles on, 1 hour sleep for work, police phoned my mate as the farmer noticed the truck the next morning LOL

wouldnt change it for the world tho, its pretty fun.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

3. grant#1

grant#1 Active Member

its such a cheap day out
    i might buy a £500 banger for it

4. FireStorm999

FireStorm999 Active Member

yeah, highly recommend the hilux for that. never broke down, never had an issue, just smashed it up to much.

cheap night out dude as around east london/essex there are loads of places just to do it if youve got some balls. we used to go through epping forest at some parts.

5. tokyo-ben

tokyo-ben Active Member

you would of drove down that no problem if you had turned the front wheels other way,i miss my old 4x4 ended up costing me more than my drift car build,after putting it on its roof :(

6. mk1rob

mk1rob Member

i got a old vitara for playing in the mud. with a few mods there pretty good also very cheap to buy and super reliable.

7. Taxi

Taxi Skid Bitch SKID!!!

I had a Lada Niva a while back! 1.7i!!

2 inch chassis lift and 36" off road tyres!! Awesome fun until the ring gear came off the flywheel and shattered into bits jamming the transfer box!

Locked all 4 wheels up at 45 mph! Lol scary shit!

8. Jamie1st

Jamie1st Member

Miss my old 90! Awesome fun, especially in the snow!

[​IMG]

9. grant#1

grant#1 Active Member

no way ben it was stuck! the only way outr was backwards

10. OtakuHunter

OtakuHunter JZXBOSS

If I ever get bored of drifting I'll definitely be doing some of this!!

11. tokyo-ben

tokyo-ben Active Member

i mean if you had aproached it with the wheels pointing in the other direction,i can see thats proper stuck bull bar digging in the ground stuck lol

12. Dori Hunters

Dori Hunters Member

My mates and I have just started this: 2 lads got Toyota surfs, 1 got a discovery, 2 bought vitaras and I picked up an Sj. Out of all of them I would say the vits are the most reliable and just as capable once modded. Well good fun - spotted Bon doing pay and play at Buildwas in Ironbridge the other week

13. dustyjake

dustyjake Member

I do a lot of this in my friends defender 90 with a 2" chassis lift, snorkel, rocksliders and some big old knobblies, its great fun but I still can't shake the idea that playing with mud in wellies with other men is a bit brokeback and reserved for a certain type.. lol

14. Adam

Adam Active Member

A couple from this weekend

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

And from the weekend before with the old tyres

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

So this happened

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

15. AndyMS43

AndyMS43 Member

Adam that looks suspiciously like the desert :p

I popped along at the weekend too to have a look at it opening legally for the first time. Once again got the pug, Looking for a jimny to buy and ordered a new back wheel for my Enduro ;) Time to get muddy :D

16. Adam

Adam Active Member

Yeah it was the first legal weekend there, there was a great turnout and as far we saw no idiots or scumbags. Were up again this weekend for another play so if your about pop over and say hi i'll be the one in the passenger seat of the white Sportrak with white knuckles whilst my missus trys her best to put us through the windscreen.

Were leaving in convoy on Sunday morning if your welcome to tag along if you going out that way.

17. dustyjake

dustyjake Member

You know alloys are quite vunerable to cracking? A friend of mine was stranded down a greenlane for 4 hours when half his lip fell off

18. dustyjake

dustyjake Member

Ok whoops defo just double looked and they not alloys lol

19. AndyMS43

AndyMS43 Member

Sweet mate, I'll proberably be down there, doesnt look like i'll be on my bike though, having trouble finding a new back wheel :/ Might bring the Camera down!

20. fudi

fudi More Doors 4 whores

I need 17'' off roaders for my l200 im away to start doin more 4x4ing with it pics soon