Drift One Buxton October 27th & 28th - Last one this year!

Thread in 'Drifting Chat / Pictures / Videos' started by JohnJ, Oct 14, 2012.

1. Magic_Performance

wtf!?

2. driftdog

driftdog Member

Awesome day,,, quite supprised how well my mx5 actualy did,, tho leaving at half 12 was lame but my engine sounded bad, top end tick ad a low end knok :( ooppsss,,, tho seems ok now im back home. Ahhh well,, beta drop the sump and have a poke aroud.... :-) eitherway good day an im happy , nice to be back on track

3. Paz

Paz -NIGHTSPIRIT FAMILY- UK Drift Since 2001

They tick when the oil gets hot, from the head anyway. Once it cools down they usually go quiet again.. The bottom end knock, who knows! Do an oil change an see how you go?

Awesome day John! Amazing weather and lovely track condition too. Wish I could of stayed for longer but duty called, still had my fill of fun though. Roll on Anglesey!

4. driftdog

driftdog Member

Will do muker :-) Probs just got my oil tooo hot then.. Boloks ,, could of stayd.. Hmmm, may venture back up tomoz

5. Joeh

Joeh Member

Well it stopped after 20 minutes.. :(

6. Joeh

Joeh Member

Ah, if that's the case then that's a pretty shitty false alarm !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! LOL

Glad to hear its better, maybe use thicker oil?

The other noise we heard from the bottom could be reverberation through the casting, can ignore it if its gone then :)

Saved yourself a bit of money then ;)

Found out my tire pressure was 27psi.. was wondering where the crazy grip came from, knew something didn't feel right.. unfortunately I had already given my clutch a bit of a hard time trying to keep it going.......... hmm

7. driftdog

driftdog Member

Yea seemed to of vanish when i was part way home dude, i almost considerd turning round and comin back but i wanna drop the sump and just double check, cant hurt...

Hve you made back home safe ? No motorway snow agen? Haha

8. Joeh

Joeh Member

Yeah got back safely thanks, absolutely shattered though from too much driving.. snow hid away unfortunately :( haha

Always good to do a health check time to time on the car, gives you more peace of mind esp if you're going to drift it :) But if its gone completely maybe no need :)

Was surprised from the amount of people who bumped their cars.. hope everyone managed to get back safely

9. AndyMS43

AndyMS43 Member

Mega weekend! Spent all day saturday trying to source a driveshaft as my mate hit a kerb square on and destroyed ours. found one and fetched it and was back on track 4pm ish!

Shame about the rain today was soooo slippy and that patch at the top end is carnage!

Still a great weekend and had some mega laughs! roll on next year! bigger better, more prepared!

10. Magic_Performance

rear wheel outside of patch works for me usually.....saying that it caught me out few times today!

11. gazwhittle

gazwhittle Member

Well I had an awesome 30 mins of drifting savage weekend with twatting the sump sat morn got it fixed 24 hours later tho which was win. But ended in tragedy 9 miles from home water pipe split :(

Anyho fingers are crossed for a December buxton and double crossed for no car trouble.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

12. RedlineRob

RedlineRob Member

Wow, where to start?

First of all, huge well done to the guys who for the only time in 4 years, rolled an E36 onto it side and after being checked out for injurys just got back in soon after and went equally as hard, commitment like that makes you the driver of the weekend in my eyes. I also have to congratulate Gaz Whittle for finding an E30 sump late saturday and then changing it track side ready for sunday, some crazy stuff goes on here.

Well done to sam for winning the comp, nick for an awesome P2, and steve in the R33 for P3.
    Some really good driving by all present, the extra seat time at this one seems to have really helped everyone.

Huge thanks to everyone who made this year amazing, drivers, spectators, organisers, track staff, photographers etc... You've all shaped buxton to be what it is today.

Those who are at Anglesey, i shall see you in 3 weeks and those who aren't, see you in 5 or so months. Either way put the winter shutdown to good use and get bashing them cars straight for another year :)

I see so many spins because of this, you can actualy hear the wheels scream louder when they're on it due to the surface change.
    Only really two tactics i've seen that seem to work, one is to be able to react quicky on the throttle and wheel and adapt to it almost as soon as the rear shifts and the other as magic says is to run wider to get the rear off the patch. Both come with experience and to me the latter does seem a little faster and smoother but everybody has their own style, you'll master it sooner or later.

13. baza30

baza30 Member

Its been a brilliant year for me building the photography up to a point where its accepted. Also met and made some great friends at buxton, i cant thank you enough for making me feel welcome and part of the great days.
    On a side note id like to thank the drift one team and marshalls for making it a must attend part of my monthly calender. You guys do a great job and im sure were all greatfull for your time and effort.
    Hopefully most know about my page on fb tail-out photography were most pictures from buxton can be found.
    If i dont see you at anglesy see you all in the new year.
    Thank you

#53 baza30, Oct 29, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 29, 2012
  14. gitgroup

gitgroup Member

Top weekend again. Really enjoyed Saturday and had a really good time... Sunday was er wet which causes me problems! No hydro again and a rather weak clutch doesnt make for much fun. I will be at Anglesey so see those of you who are coming their and the rest of you next year.

Thanks to John and all the marshalls (even those who took the piss out of me on saturday!) for making this event happen. Can't wait till next year.

15. jon07043278

jon07043278 Well-Known Member

How did someone roll at buxton :O?

16. gazwhittle

gazwhittle Member

Rolled on the tyres on the corner

17. Joe-sef

Joe-sef -Broseph-

Great weekend, Yeah that patch, I've probably been over it a million times wet and dry, after a couple of months off from Buxton, took a few laps to get used to it. Oops..

Cheers to everyone involved, see you all at anglesey!

18. titchster

titchster Member

Awesome weekend. Yes, it was cold. Yes it was wet on Sunday, yes my mate spewed in the van we were sleeping in, but it was all worth it. Loved it, spoke to loads of new people, and had a mega laugh on Saturday night.

Roll on next year.

19. matfurio

matfurio Member

Well Sunday was my first time on track up at Buxton and it was awesome! Bit wet like but made it all the more fun! Can't wait to get back next year now!
    Big thanks to the organisers and everyone who helped run it.
    I guess I'll see everyone at Anglesey!

20. RedlineRob

RedlineRob Member

The roll was a strange one really but for the sake of professionalism here's my account of things:

Running the usual passenger ride track (Clockwise with the cut in on the grandstand side)
    I watched the car enter the infield fine, drift the most inner point fine. As the car went to transition to link on to the top hairpin the transition was a little too violent, not so much as to spin the car but enough to cause the car to take a tighter line into the corner than intended. Because of this new line of the car it meant that the corner was cut short and the front left wheel hooked on one of the tyres that form the small barrier that protects the marshals etc on the islands. This resulted in the car twisting/rolling at a realitively slow speed onto its left side.

Good news was it was only 10m away from my station so we could have the session red flagged with the cars stopped before they got anywhere near the rolled vehicle and being so close I was on scene to make sure the driver and passenger were okay almost instantly which speaks volumes for the incident response times at buxton, something all the track staff should be proud of. When you think about how many laps have been done on this track and to only have one car roll in 4 years its a pretty rare occurrence.