Drift One Buxton October 27th & 28th - Last one this year!

Thread in 'Drifting Chat / Pictures / Videos' started by JohnJ, Oct 14, 2012.

1. prey

prey New Member

Fair account there! It was me who rolled it, like you say it was quite slow speed and just tipped the car really - and it was a total lack of talent moment (and quite embarrassing really!).

Also for the record the crew were faultless! Straight away we were checked on and within 30 seconds there were half a dozen people there steadying the car and john had the drivers door open for me and the passenger to climb out - then the car was back on its wheels and off the track - easily within 5minutes! Honestly can't thank the crew enough (and apologise about it ha ha) and once we had checked the car over in the paddock we were straight back out (I rode shotgun for a bit though as advised! - as we were car sharing anyway).

Only my second buxton but i bloody love the place, the attitude is class, organisation is very well done and the days always run really smoothly with little queuing - big thumbs up everyone. I'll be there plenty next year.

On a side note - anyone get any pics of the 'incident' to share?

2. baza30

baza30 Member

(hangs head in shame) i was the tog on track on and off most of the day ergo freezing ones nuts off. you picked the moment i had a break to warm up to have said moment.... sooo unless someone from the stands got it on vid and it hits youtube it very well maybe one moment that we only remember.

3. wiganer31

wiganer31 Member

Had a good day saterday, sunday not so great due to breaking the car again, cheers to everyone involved for standing out in the freezing and rain makeing it go smooth, me being pretty new to drifting and not haveing alot of confidence, i do tend to spin alot etc but last few times ive had few people getting reli close and shakeing there heads and waveing etc, beginners and people with not alot of confidence might be slower than most but thats no reason to get on there back bumpers as it just makes it worse, it is a practice day open to all skill levels, surely just give some room, if im holeding anyone up come and find me in the que and i will happily Let you go out infront of me, luckily Though. Most people at buxton are understanding as they have been there.
    Anyways roll on the next one

4. RedlineRob

RedlineRob Member

Earlier in the year JohnJ, myself and a few others discussed the voluntary introduction of the "Novice X" seen on most track days for the 5 events or less club or those in a new car to them etc... If you're in favour then its probably worth saying so in a post on here to see if its worth printing stickers, it's got my support providing they're all the same style and stuck either on the car bumper or to the rear window for those who value their paint.

5. scouse

scouse Active Member

I enjoyed it on sunday apart from the icy cold rain and wind,it was good to watch but fuck me the red beemer was loud,

X i would need a red X no one would want to be near me lol

6. wiganer31

wiganer31 Member

Some form of sticker could be an idea, wouldn't necessarily. Have to be the x could be something just for buxton (train sticker style). And maybe some form of rule to leave people with the sticker so much room, dont wanna sound like a moaning bitch but its bad enough when you keep spinning and holding people up etc, spoke to others who have a similar opinion

Cheers

7. RedlineRob

RedlineRob Member

I guess it doesn't really matter what it is just as long as it's fairly simple and the same for all cars, i'm sure you guys will agree you don't want to be looking for 20 different stickers mid drift and its way easier just to say watch out for one sticker in the briefing. I've seen a few L plates this season but i just liked the thought of something more motorsport specific.

8. kyky

kyky Member

Amazing weekend yet again up in them hills!! Few little tellings off from myself to some drivers but was only once they had to be told. Top night having a laugh in the bar as always and big cheers to AndyM for letting me crash in the van for the night.

Didn't see too much of the competition as i was next to the heater trying to dry myself..... Note to self: buy waterproofs!!

Gutted it is the last one of the year but we'll be back there in no time!!

9. Woocash

Woocash Member

Yo, does anybody got any pic's from sunday? (28.10.12)
    First day in my e36 weapon(mx5 became a lifestyler), shame it was so short.

Cheers

10. Magic_Performance

Lukasz , try Barry at tail out photography , fb link Welcome to Facebook , he usually post pics on here as well in photo section worth a look.

Piona

11. gitgroup

gitgroup Member

Barry wasn't out Sunday :(

Don't know who was but have seen odd pictures kicking about.

12. Woocash

Woocash Member

13. Mr Wannabe

Mr Wannabe Member

Gutted to have missed this. Been working every time the drifting occurs since July!