***** Dakota Drift & Drag @ Smeatharpe Airfield 17/11/12 *****

Thread in 'Drifting Chat / Pictures / Videos' started by Monkey Magic, Oct 16, 2012.

1. Monkey Magic

Monkey Magic Active Member

Dakota Drift

This will be the last event of 2012. As was said in the briefing for their first event Straightliners will never cancel an event, the dates listed are set in stone. There is no pre-pay just turn up on the day and burn some rubber.

Events

17th November

26th of March 2013

Price

£10 Entry Ticket
    £50 Drift Ticket

Everybody has to pay £10 for entrance to the venue and then £50 to drift. So £60 total for drifters.

Very good value for what you get, this is the pricing for 2012

Smeatharpe airfield

https://maps.google.co.uk/maps?sadd...15352,0.027595&t=h&mra=mift&mrsp=0&sz=15&z=14

Drift Tracks & Tuition

We will be running 2 tracks at the next event.

1 - Large circuit style lapped track (like the one back on the 4th August) with upto 4 cars on at one time to keep the que times down. We will also have a wall..... a WOODEN one ;)

2 - Beginner playpen with drift tuition available. There will be no spectators allowed at this track so even less pressure for anyone wanting to learn. Learn basic techniques like doughnuts, figures of eights and transitioning in a safe environment.

If you are thinking of starting drifting have a quick read through these threads for some basic advice:

http://www.driftworks.com/forum/faq...ift-modifications-drift-day-preparations.html
    http://www.driftworks.com/forum/faq-new-members-please-read/75995-getting-started.html

Driver Info & Rules

Gates open 8am, scrutineering between 8.00 and 9.30am. Drivers briefing 8.30am. Drifting starts 9am and ends 4pm.

Drivers licence needed

Arms and legs covered & helmets on. Seatbelt/Harness done up.

Take your tyres home with you and rubbish in the bins. Any fly tipping of tyres will result in you being banned from future events

Noise restrictions - NO BEE-R LIMITERS! If you have one you will be asked to turn it off or so it doesn't bang like a shotgun.

Obey the marshal's and flags. Bad attitudes towards the drift track marshal's is not acceptable, any problems ask for me, Paul or Trevor.

TOW HOOKS - easily assessable tow hooks are required front and rear

Competition info

There will be a competition in the afternoon with 4 trophies on offer.

1 - Best driver if the day

2 - Most improved beginner

3 - Best entry of the day

4 - Fastest timed run

We never tried the fastest timed run last time due to the equipment van getting stuck in traffic. I'm am not sure if we will try it next time but here's some info about it if we decide to go ahead with it.

It is a bit of fun Straightliners would like to try out. It will start at 3pm, you will be classed on clipping points, time and style. It is not mandatory but a bit of fun towards the end of the day, will all be done with proper timing gear and it doesn't cost you anything extra.

Dakota Drag And Drift, Dates And More Information

Paul@jdmgarageuk.com

trevor@straightliners.co.uk

Find us on Facebook @ Dakota Drift

#1 Monkey Magic, Oct 16, 2012
    Last edited: Oct 16, 2012
  2. TheMacca

TheMacca Member

Bring it on!!:D Last one was awesome and a good test to see what how the zimmer handles! Hopefully i'll be testing some new upgrades if all goes well!! :thumbs:

3. benrx7sr20

benrx7sr20 Member

Had a great day at the last one and going to be at this one for sure :-)

4. Garysx

Garysx learner drifter

Ill be there. On marshall duties.

5. hoagy5

hoagy5 Member

Such a good time last time, coming to this one, but with a lot more tyres!

6. jayz

jayz Member

I'm in for this one.... Missed out at the last one due to funds. Not this time :-)

7. HeftyDanielson

Is there anyway I could sign up for marshaling? Doubt I'd get my BM in time but still want to get involved one way or another.

Could you pm me if there would be a chance of this.

8. g-tec

g-tec Member

Drift-inc shall make a large presence at a event early next year buddy

9. Monkey Magic

We only have the one date in the first half of the year G so aim to make that one if you can.

26th of March.

10. blitz20ten

blitz20ten Member

i will be repping drift-inc this one! ;) ha gunna destroy the wall! :D

11. Monkey Magic

Bring it on Welshy, leave wall destroying till the end of the day though. So other people get to use it, Tara are you listening to this? ;)

12. blitz20ten

blitz20ten Member

haha, im more devon than u mate... :) but pembrey is my main track! looking forward to it! :D

13. Monkey Magic

Ha it's cool, if only we could have something like that down here rather than limited to part of a runway. We have some good go-kart tracks but no chance drifting is allowed. Tried clay pigeon and mansell's already.

This is perfect chance for a team comp. Drift-inc vs Dakota Drift train runs, upto 4 cars in a train. Independent judges + crowd contribution.

14. g-tec

g-tec Member

We will be there. Bring it on

15. lewe

lewe Member

tara will also be there to test your wall for you again.

16. Alex B

Alex B Active Member

Sorry to go slightly off topic, but are there likely to be more dates next year?

Really enjoyed it last month but gotta skip this one due to funds, should be back in March though.

Alex B

17. tom72

tom72 Member

Are you aloud passengers??

18. Hexa-dB

Hexa-dB Member

How noob friendly is the track? I've done one DWYB a few years ago and didn't leave the playpens. I'd quite like to attempt a track but only if it's got plenty of run-off (I need to drive the car home and it's my daily).

Also - I have an MX5. I've got a rollbar to be fitted but not sure if it will be done in time. Is a roll bar needed for soft-tops?

19. Monkey Magic

NO PASSENGERS ALLOWED

Rollbar not essential for soft tops. The worse thing you can hit is another car or one of the tyre stacks, both should be out of reach if you are using a bit of common sense. Apart from that a few people have slid into the field but at that end of the airfield it's smooth going onto the fields so cars don't dig in and just slide.

Ontop of you being a beginner you won't be pushing the car to cause said incidents, most beginners come away with a bit of cone rash.

We have a beginner playpen with drift tutors, if you feel up for the main track we can tutor you for that too. Everyone seemed to love the format last time especially the beginners. Going to see if I can get the road sweeper to go up and clean the beginner area for the next one.

20. Monkey Magic

Yes there are 4 event dates for next year, 3 of them will be around the same time as this years events.