E30 338i tramp and track skidder. New streeto video page 7

Thread in 'Project Cars and Builds Threads' started by ragge, Jan 31, 2010.

1. dsmeds

dsmeds Member

insane driving in that video! :O looks good tho! :D

2. Pizzodrift

Pizzodrift Member

3. ragge

ragge Member

some pictures from november last year, this is how the car looks now:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I'm considering fixing the dent at the rear fender, repaint some parts of the body, replace the cluch and flywheel because its burnt, and replacing both rear arms.

New flywheel and cluch setup will be s38b36, pictures will come when the job is done.

4. Damianator

Damianator Member

Love the look of this better then the "slammed on nice wheels with a fresh paint job look". The smoke you get from your car makes me want to buy one. :thumbs:

5. Odin89

Odin89 Member

omg Ragge! you make me hate my life so much when i look at your thread.. :( remember how we used to streeto togheter? "crashing",pushing and so on? omg i miss that so much :(

i have to get my car together now and start drifting with you again! im feeling WAY Rusty!!

heres the video of me pushing you @ 3,40ish

6. ragge

ragge Member

Yes Odin :) Yeah, what a time that was :) Really shitting around in the most rusted out and chrashed E30 and sierras, but it was so fun, and improvised, good times. Its a looong time ago too, we was younger, you know. We've grown up, and most of the people at my age think a dented and rusted old E30 like the one I have now is just a waste of time and bullshit.
    It's hard to resist not growing up, but hold onto the car hobby, doing pointless things behind the steering wheel.

Especially in these times, when gas prices are at a historical height, it makes the hobby harder to hold onto, you really got to be dedicated and love the sport of drifting and cars in general to get things going these days.

After all its just money, and a lot of time, down the drain, isnt it ? Atleast for most people, but I'm holding onto it the next years too I hope. "the inner core dont give up"

Anyway, time for a update:

As I said, the cluch had to be changed, and at the same time, I would change from dual mass shit-heavy 3,8 flywheel to very light race-spec (but still original BMW) 3,6 flywheel, single mass ofcourse:

Step 1:
    Putting some small 14" inch winter tires at the rear, and driving the car from the outdoor storage and a miles down to the garage of a friend of mine:

[​IMG]
    It was a lot of snow and ice on it too, from having it sitting outdoors since november 2011.
    [​IMG]
    Arriving at my friends place, with GARAGE.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    After some hours of work, the exhaust, prop shaft, gear box and cluch + flywheel was out. original 3,6 flywheel - a high quality hardened piece of steel originally fitted on all 3,6 M5's- beside the shitty dual mass 3,8 wheel, which weights more than twice.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    New cluch from Sachs. Original piece, nothing upgraded. Still expensive, cost 1500 NOK (aprox 150 pound)
    [​IMG]
    Flywheel fitted to car.
    [​IMG]
    Got cluch and gearbox into the car yesterday, and will fit the prop shaft and exhaust today or to morrow.
    Then, we have to change both rear arms, before the car are ready for a new season of absolute ABUSE.
    Considering buing a go pro camera, to make som more nice movies, anyone having any suggestions on where to buy and what model..

Lastly, to other new things:
    I've bought myself two new cars, "purple haze" 1 and 2:

Purple haze one: E30 335:

[​IMG]
    I considered fixing it up, buying coilovers and maybe fitting a m60b44 or a m20b25 turbo engine onto it.

[​IMG]
    But, its a ugly, rusty, 4 door E30, and I'm starting to get a bit bored with E30's after owning a lot of them over the last 6 years, avoiding other car makes.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

So, therefore, it maybe sold since I recently also bought THIS:

Purple haze 2: NISSAN 200 SX S14A WTF???

[​IMG]
    That's crazy, because I've talked much shit about 200sx through whole this thread, and then I buy one!
    But I wanted something with TURBO, since I've never owned a turbo charged car other than turbo diesels!

[​IMG]
    Thruth is, this car has been pampered its whole life, having only one previous owner in norway, which has treated it as a little baby, it has only been driving in summer, changing oil every 5000 km, he used Agip 10-60 race oil, never seen a track before... So its basically as a new car !!
    The owner was a very serious and calm person, he told me all he knew about the car, not hiding anyting. Its rust free, dent free, original paint, newer crashed, and original drivetrain except Apexi FMIC Kit and KN filter and a bigger exhaust with the catalytic converter removed..
    With the car, I got Apexi AVCR (which is a piggyback?), HKS top mounts and some other minor shit.
    Suspenion wise, its also original.

[​IMG]
    Also, I got it for a fair price, so I thought why not try something new?

Its been a garage queen for the last three years, only seen 11000 km over the tree last years, and rolled a total of 122000 km.... Black leather interior, nice little car it is. Also, I like the color.
    Running on OZ super leggera 18 inch wheels.

[​IMG]
    Plans for it ? Getting throug MOT and drive it with the shit sounding SR20...

Then maybe, fitting a bigger engine ? Saying no more than straight six tt, toyota engine...

Then hopefully, not drive it into pieces, as with the 338.

Or anyone having any other suggesitons on how to modify the car?

#106 ragge, Feb 22, 2012
    Last edited: Feb 22, 2012
  7. dsmeds

dsmeds Member

just low and sitting on nice wheels.

and i love your e30! :D

8. Dex

Dex kut!

m50b25 turbo that s14!

9. ragge

ragge Member

No.
    That S14 will either get a 2JZ, or stay with the SR20... No BMW engine into a jap car like the S14, when there is a construction named 2JZ.

Anyway, the E30 are now ready for driving, as I've changed both rear arms:

[​IMG]

A tire explosion from a late streeto evening autumn 2011 caused this:
    [​IMG]
    Which again causing smoke pouring into the cabin, we almost got choked the last times we took a spin with the car.
    Let me say I was very surprised when I saw what a big flare in the metal just some rubber can cause.
    Will have to weld it before we take another joyride, as the smoke is just too much with this "ventilation hole".

[​IMG]
    I replaced it with a straigt pipe, offff the car is sooo loud. I have to wear ear protection when driving it, as I've already got a hearing damage (tinitus)... Got alot worse actually, after taking a test run with this exhaust and no ear protection.

So, will fit the rear muffler soon again.

Well, shutting the ventilation hole, fill some cooler liquid and, making some minor adjustment to toe in/out in front and fix one of the tail lights which doesnt work, and the car is really good to go!!! WOHO. Also need to get a lot of rear tires, and then, ouuuuttt we go in a big cloud of smoke :p

10. bazpro

bazpro Member

love e30s

11. ragge

ragge Member

Little done since last update, but I've done some good bits:
    Welded a couple of rust holes in the floor.
    Welded the giant "wheel well hole" pictured above. Was really a shitty work. Had to do it from the underside :)
    Sorted out some electric issues, so now both my tail lights are working (it was a factory relay which didnt do any purpose at all, not letting current go from front of care to tail light, very strange... I just tossed the relay and used a jumper instead. Poor german electrics ?? :p )
    sealed other holes and stuff inside the car to avoid tire smoke getting into the coupe when doing THIS:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

These are pictures out of a simple filming a friend of mine did with his iphone during a night with spontaneous streeto..
    We was out for a late evening this easter.
    Nice to finally have some filming material...
    Will edit the raw material and publish here, anyone having any suggestions on which freeware programs to use for editing .MOV files ???

Thanks

#111 ragge, Apr 10, 2012
    Last edited: Apr 10, 2012
  12. ragge

ragge Member

A mini update:
    We was participating at Powerdrift Licence day, but only for fun, we did'nt got any licence or that kind of stuff, we just throwed some spare wheels into the 338 and drove the car up to the event without any trailer or anything, the car itself had to do the transport job.
    So, got through the vehicle check at powerdrift and at the "track" (which is an old airplane field) we got.
    [​IMG]
    We had a lot of AHIS (Ass Hours In Seat), as aasbo says, and this time I had to adjust speed by the help of the brake pedal as my hydro brake was fucked.

From the feedback I got, it looked and sounded unusual and a bit special, with the engine at the rev limiter and decent smoke, with LOW speed... Using the footbrake is an unusual driving technique, first time I ever did it myself, but with pretty decent result I have to say.
    It had to be done, as the entry speed is high, and then you need to get slower during last part of the track.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    I've got a fuckload of body roll, even with coilovers :wack:
    My anti sway bar is out of function and removed, because of steering (lock), but I had a lot of body roll when I had the original sway bar too. Need to get a big heavy duty Ireland Engineering sway bar to sort this out maybe?

[​IMG]
    Finally, we was at a car meet nearby with friends and stuff... Fredric Aasbo and Jenny Skavlan are making a TV show, so we had a talk with them and the film crew...
    I'm gonna see if I can find some more pic's from that evening... Its a bit hard, as I dont have facebook, more and more pic's and shit are only to find there and no other places.

13. Odin89

Odin89 Member

woooop wooop! hurry up and get the clip online! AND change the clutch on the 200!

14. Odin89

Odin89 Member

woop woop! [​IMG]

15. ragge

ragge Member

halla :D
    Lol, facebook, need to get it sometime, most probably worth it, but I'm captain slow you know:)
    No video yet unfortunately, maybe I should carry it with me, so we could do the editing together or maybe you could do it :p
    I've not forgot about Scorpio wiring project we should do!!!

Havent done any streeto for a while now either! Maybe I'm starting to get afraid, thinking of consequenses, I'm not sure...

I've fixed some more bits at the car, mostly appearance, due to shitty looking paint and body, I didnt drove at gatebil due to technical/ apperance regulations... Car was looking a bit too ratty. Should fix it before July, but would been a shitload of fun driving at gatebil mantorp too ??
    Just need a way to get all the tires and shit with me, dont have enough space in the cars I own now.

16. mk1rob

mk1rob Member

miss my e30. very nice project.

17. dsmeds

dsmeds Member

any updates on this? :)

18. ragge

ragge Member

Not too much updates.
    A shitload of things have happened in my life, few of them car- related.
    Most of them, heavy big things, but none of them very negative really, I just have a lot to think of and much to handle right now.
    But hey, I'm doing good, and EVERY fucking day I'm having fantasies of doing streeto drifting and shitting around with my bimmer.

My time are much more limited with new work, girlfriend etc, but I KNOW I MUST listen to my inner voice and dreams regarding drifting and streeto. If I sacrifice those part of my life, I'm giving up part of my soul and identity, and just running those scenarios in my mind hurts.

NO OTHER TIME IN LIFE, NO OTHER EXPERIENCES gives me what track driving and streeto do. It's my way of experience TOTAL freedom, inner calmness and REAL, true hapiness.

Just like other people are making mainstream shit like yoga and other boring shit to find themself, I KNOW what gives me total hapiness. So I'm hoping to continue the irresponsible fun of doing streeto, regardless of what other people think, I love it and do it because of exactly that.

I'm hoping such replies can motivate other people out there in taking the step of putting their dreams into action.
    better to regret something you have done than something you have not done ;)

Ok, enough moralistic talk, I'll say something about the car:

I*ll buy it a new better cluch (pressure plate).
    Change gearbox
    Change rear suspension.
    Maybe give it a paint job.

Maybe buy myself some go pro cameras, or just buy myself a good ordinary camera, and make more fun videos.

DRIVE.
    2012 have been a tough year, with to little car stuff, I've had back pain in addition to all the other stuff mentioned above (job, house, girlfriend etc)..
    also, I got my drivers licens back this year.

I'm editing some footage from 2012, will publish here soon.

-R.

#118 ragge, Dec 10, 2012
    Last edited: Dec 10, 2012
  19. Driftkits

Driftkits New Member

Cool car!
    And some cool cars in the background........

20. ragge

ragge Member

Finally made the video:

Hope its good as inspiration and as entertainment.
    At that time I used 320 rear arms with non-functioning drum brakes, and therefore no hydro brake, making it difficult to link the upper part of the hill.