Movember 2012 - Join Team Driftworks!

Thread in 'Other Chat' started by BigJames, Oct 31, 2012.

1. mazdachris

My plan originally was to only Hitler it up on the last day of the month, but we’ve had a little contest in the office with donations going to those judged to have grown awesome ‘taches. I came second, which frankly I think is a bit of a stitch up, since now I’ve got to walk around looking like a fascist for the next few days. Still, that’s another £10 my way, so it means that I’ve got nearly £50 to give in now, in addition to the £40 already donated. Not bad for a day’s work.

Oh, and I didn't realise this beforehand but now my picture is going to be in the monthly newsletter. My face, with me holding up a picture of Hitler, as if to drive home the point. Yeah, I could have called Chaplin, but I have the courage to stick to my convictions. That's how I roll. Looking like Hitler..

2. docwra

docwra Active Member

Chris, you are an insiration to the entire human race, I salute you. A Nazi salute, naturalich. :D

3. mazdachris

Thanks for the support guys. Seriously, I've been blown away by the response I've had today in the office, and it's all going to a really good cause. So if I have to walk around looking like a bellend for a few days, then it's a small price to pay for around £50 of donations and counting.

4. BigJames

BigJames A.K.A Jay

Well we cleared £600, and I'm pretty sure that there's more to be donated. There's still time!

5. stichy

stichy Member

I've got £74 at the moment with more due.
    I never got around to undate my movember page. i should be paying it in tomorow night

That's a good total.

6. DevilsTower

DevilsTower full of lulz.

So, now that it's 2nd Dec, here's what my mate and me have been brewing, Teutul represent. Me on the left. I am aware that the middle part is super weaksauce, but it refused to grow there so the transition sucked major balls :(

[​IMG]

7. oli_the_thread

Very hungover, but here my an entire month of mo grow, pathetic really!
    Taken 1/12/12
    [​IMG]

8. BigJames

BigJames A.K.A Jay

Well it seems that Team Driftworks raised £654 as a whole. Found it MUCH harder this year to get donations for some reason, I guess my tache was just a bit shit! :(

9. oli_the_thread

I think people are being properly stringent this year with cash. I work in a cycle shop, as Xmas is usually bonkers for us, kids bikes and bmxs left right and centre, but this year it's really really quiet, like probably less than half our usual orders, and most of them are going for cheaper bikes, and everywhere I go people are saying the same. People are being very sensible with money!