MY MST RTR with CS and some alloy.

Thread in 'Other Chat' started by damo_s13, Dec 5, 2012.

1. damo_s13

damo_s13 unknown

After selling most of my RC stuff back in 07/08 i decided it was time to get back into RC drifting and started looking round for a second hand setup thats RTR. Never really found anything to my liking but then pop onto the drift works site to have a look though the projects thread and see what was going on and saw the MST stuff. After having a read around and a good look on the website i was impressed with what i saw and thought the RTR was good value for money. After a quick chat to motto and james via the MST facebook page i decided to order the RTR R32 with oneway and the CS kit.

I ordered the Kit late on the 20/11/2012 and it was here with me on 22/11/2012 at 08:30 getting texts from the delivery company letting me know the progress. Very quick turn around and very happy. Now me being me (Stupid) i ordered the wrong CS kit but Mitto and James spotted my error and packed me the right one up :D

MS-01D RTR box

[​IMG]

What you get in the box:- 2.4ghz Transmitter, shell, light bucket, rear spoiler, wing mirrors and decals

[​IMG]

The Chassis with 7 Spoke wheels (3mm offset), MST drift tyres, 21T motor, receiver and steering servo

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

1st impressions are very high its a great looking bit of kit and i can't want to get some use out of it. Once i have will post another review. I'm going to try the Chassis 50/50 and then swop in the CS and one way front unit.

-----------------------------------------------------

Got the batteries all sorted, new deans connecters soldered up. Took the shafts out to grease them up to find my front diff broken :( so in went the one way and 1.66 CS from the off

[​IMG]

Took the MST RTR out for its 1st outing and did not have a good time just trying to get it to go in a straight line so thought it must be a setup issue and on went the setup board.

The camber was 1-2deg out on each side and my MST had 5 deg toe in on the front… I've now took the toe on the front out and evened out the camber.

Now running 4 rear and 7 front camber

[​IMG]

With the setup now done i thought i best get the shell built up. Bolted on the rear wing and wing mirrors after putting a few holes in the shell this is how it now stands

[​IMG]

Now i have had about 25min run time on tarmac and i dont think i have the skill to cope with the one way spinning out a lot but it can't help that i live on a hill

#1 damo_s13, Dec 5, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 5, 2012
  2. Jdmcheddar

Jdmcheddar Member

Looks good. Wheels fit damn good

3. damo_s13

damo_s13 unknown

thanks, yeah wheel fitment is really nice. ordering up a ball diff and a few alloy bits today.

4. Ste333

Ste333 "The Shoulder"

good call with the RTR mate. I've got one, 350Z shell on mine :) I've just put the 1 way diff in and CS 1.8. So its a learning curve again now :) lol

5. mr_jamesw

mr_jamesw Member

Nice kit, good thread! Wow that is some setup gear you have there. I don't know where to start with adjustments so i'm coping with my MST RTR as is! The front one way was best thing i've bought so far :-)

How is the CS kit mine is yet to go in.

6. damo_s13

damo_s13 unknown

Thanks, CS kit is great and I'm using full lock a lot but combined with the one way is making it hard for me to not spin out lol Change of driving style needed maybe. Got my bits I ordered up yesterday this morning so got a ball diff going in to try that. Then I think I need to get more lock.

7. damo_s13

damo_s13 unknown

Well as above i got a few more bits though in the post and got on with adding them today.

1st up was the blue aluminium belt stabiliser mount which is adjustable as i felt the rear belt was a little lose this sorted that problem out.

[​IMG]

next up was a ball front diff which replaced the oneway as that with the CS has seen me spin out a lot.

[​IMG]

I then had a bit more of a play on the setup adding in more rear toe by widening the rear track as i dont have adjustable arms this also made the rear drive shaft placement in the rear diff look much more central. Now running 4 deg toe in on the rear

Also had a quick look at caster which is bang of 10deg as per the stock set up

[​IMG]

so the car now has the follow stance and is much more easier for me to drift

[​IMG]

Next on the list over the next month is a 13.5t bush less motor, Aluminium motor/main shaft mounts and aluminium steering arm in blue to take out some of the flex.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

8. damo_s13

damo_s13 unknown

double post