Julian Barnes: Thief - Severnside imports - Achilles Tire - Low Brain Drifters

Thread in 'Drifting Chat / Pictures / Videos' started by PhilMorrison, Jan 8, 2013.

1. Chan Dapman

Chan Dapman Active Member

You get free wham bars at Driftworks mate, if that's literally all it takes to impress you. Hahahahaha.

2. ilovelamp

ilovelamp New Member

I was trying to convince people that he isnt the serial child killer/rapist/terrorist Phil Morrison was making him out to be.

3. PhilMorrison

PhilMorrison Driftworks Owner
    Staff Member

Haha :D so to continue further into this world of deceit: I sponsored Dan in 2011, he didn't use the parts. I agreed to sponsor Julian in 2012 and sent him the parts from our stock. I then asked Dan for the 2011 parts back, and he was quite surprised to hear from me as Julian had taken Dans 2011 parts and told Dan that he'd sorted it with me.
    Basically Julian tried to rip me off for another complete set of Geomasters, but when I caught him in the act I actually managed to get some money back on those as it turned out he'd already sold the new ones I'd sent for the 2012 car. It seems everything is done borderline bankrupt with him.
    I actually got on very well with the guy before this. I also found him to be very sound at events etc, and we always helped each other out where we could. I think that's a bigger issue for me than losing the parts/money. I feel like I've always been a pretty good judge of character, and I don't like being shown up to be a fool. I wasn't the first though, and I'm sure I won't be the last he rips off.

4. AndyS13

AndyS13 Member

Not nice to hear this in the drift community as said by others nothing to do with me but a shame none the less.

5. akinadan79

akinadan79 Active Member

Guys, I understand completely that everybody is entitled to make up their own minds on how sound a person is or alternately how dodgy somebody is but please for the love of God stop with the whole sucking off of Julian Barnes shit! The guy uses other peoples money to fund his fucking Christian Horner of drift wannabe' lifestyle...

This idiot knows that 'we' haven't dropped the legal case against him. When issued with notification that we are taking him to court, him phoning my solicitor and insisting that the money he owes me was written off when his mrs claimed that she owned Severnside Imports and subsequently went bankrupt/Severnside Imports ceased trading etc, IT WILL NOT GET YOU OFF THE HOOK!! YOU OWE WHAT YOU FUCKING OWE!!!

The difference here is that money genuinely means nothing to me, I don't get excited about it at all as there's more to life than material shit!

and again quite genuinely, if a person/company had taken £15,000 of my money and left me with nothing to show for it (if) there were genuine reasons behind why the person had gone under and they showed remorse or even acknowledged the fact, then I in all honesty would have written the money off years ago, however because I know that this is not the case...I will do everything to bring you to account

and there's not one single person in this place who would let that amount of money go, knowing that the guy in question has deliberately played the system to avoid paying it back despite telling me (in writing....from via his solicitor....in black and white....that he would pay me back.....but then on the very same day, going and registering Severnside Imports in the name of his mrs)

This whole 'I rememeber when he was a good bloke....etc etc' is fucking horse shit

Picture the scene, I'm sat having a brew in the place where I used to work (people who know where I'm talking about know that all sorts of people pass through there and on this ocassion two motorbike coppers are sat having a brew) I'm sat there going over my three files full of evidence against this monkey!

I finish my brew, get up to leave but then figure 'Well I wouldn't mind asking these two coppers for their opinion on the sutuation' so I go over and introduce myself

I gave maybe 3 minutes of an overview, the younger copper is a bit taken aback still that this wierd looking long haired bloke with sideys down to his ass' has come over and interrupted their tea break, whereas the older copper smiled....looked at me and said, this is in Lydney isn't it

I confirm this, whereby the copper 'tells me' "This is Julian Barnes isn't it!

15 fucking years, and that was back in 2010....the bloke is what he is, he can change his ebay account from Severnside-Imports to Severnside-Japanese-Imports to LBD-Clothing and so it continues

What is it now...Low Brain Speedshop...come on, you ain't Barry White or Boyd what's his face, you're a fat man that doesn't like to work, it's really that simple!

6. PeterT

PeterT fuck diffin.

how many cowboys are in the uk jaaaaysus!

#26 PeterT, Jan 8, 2013
    Last edited: Jan 8, 2013
  7. initial_j

initial_j Made guy

so what your saying is if someone rips someone else off £15k, then them giving someone else a free sticker makes it ok?

im in the wrong business

8. Hazzles

Hazzles Member

Actual LOL. Surely, Phil must've got the wrong bloke?!

9. initial_j

initial_j Made guy

ha ha ha ha, actually lol at that.

people will carry on ripping each other off all the time there are so many gullible fools out there i guess

10. reeperR32

reeperR32 Drift-Street-Imports

You know what this man speaks the truth ^^^

I was told it wall all come out in time and almost a year on (since I found out) its all starting to unravel its self..

Don't know the guy, wouldn't use his firm, utter bullshit this dishonesty thriving malarky!!

11. jeffries

jeffries Member

The same guy above told me the same aswell.

12. huxmk1

huxmk1 Dark Horse Drifters

had a problem with julian myself!!

done a full cage in his car for £700 and was suppost to get a full year of advertising on the ps13 rear quarters.. instead he put 1 sticker on bonnet that was half black on a carbon bonnet!!! then only ran it for 2 rounds..

£300 lost for no reason!

13. akinadan79

akinadan79 Active Member

Completely random and un-related mate but do you by any chance know a neighbour of mine who lives in Hereford

a really big bloke, can't remember his name for the life of me but a really nice guy, he's stopped by a few times for a chat when I've been outside working on my car

Sorry mate, it was a bit random I know...

edit: 'Big Dave' or 'Big Dan' or something like that

#33 akinadan79, Jan 8, 2013
  14. Andy_F

Andy_F S13+S15=S28?

So many stories about this bloke, the guy is a scumbag. Glad to actually hear it from someone high in the community for once.

Not really sure if I should post this now, but maybe it will change some people's minds. One of the first stories to surface about Julian here (akinadan's original thread about it all which was originally removed), with plenty of words straight from the horses mouth. Long, convoluted, but bloody interesting to see how shitty his business practices are. Have a read of this and see if you still think he's a decent bloke.

http://www.driftworks.com/forum/drifting-chat/113036-ghostdancer-scam-just-taken-mug.html

For those who can't be bothered to read it all, here's the jist:

Bloke buys a car (somewhat indirectly) from the old scumbag Ghost dancer, through Julian Barnes.
    Car isn't as described at all when it finally arrives.
    Julian refuses to give the guy a refund when he refuses the car on grounds of misrepresentation.
    Julian folds the company, clams it was in his wife's name, then starts another company with a very very similar name but slightly different for legality.
    Original buyer is out of pocket for a lot of money and has never got it back.

#34 Andy_F, Jan 8, 2013
  15. huxmk1

huxmk1 Dark Horse Drifters

not sure dude met alot of people through different scenes
    might know huxley motorsport that my business

sorry back to subject...

16. Nickson-Msport

Nickson-Msport Active Member

we had to sort out some of the ''interesting'' fab work his company carried out on a vehicle that was in there possesion for 6 months or so! (should have taken a week)

#36 Nickson-Msport, Jan 8, 2013
  17. jeffries

jeffries Member

I was conned by this guys business partner Stephen Hemsley that sold said Rx to Julian. It stretches further than just the uk. It's just one big sting op.

18. Joe-sef

Joe-sef -Broseph-

I can remember basically ever since i joined all kinds of story's involving him them.

for all them dudes ripped off by sponsorship from him and didn't get even a thanks in return

Yo, look over here, my shit onevia was in basically every review of the BDC the round it entered and , yeah - i didnt win shit, yeah - im no dan chapman. but the car is low as fuck and i would have been a whole lot more appreciative then these guys. sound like they rip so many people off they dont need the help.

To all those people who have lost money, i feel for you guys and hopefully one day you get it back - if one of you get a break though in some kind of court case- make sure you get everyone who has been ripped off involved. If he is as innocent as he belives, then he only needs to convince 7 people in a jury right?

19. J_K_P

J_K_P Active Member

I fucking hate thieving scum who do this.
    We've lost over £100K in the last 3 years to shitcunts like this.

#39 J_K_P, Jan 8, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 9, 2013
  20. ilovelamp

ilovelamp New Member

are the geomasters made of gold?
    i didnt hear anything about 15k,
    tbh this thread is getting 2deep4me
    i was just trying to convince people he isnt the serial murder he was made out to be, just goes to show english=trust no one