Julian Barnes: Thief - Severnside imports - Achilles Tire - Low Brain Drifters

Thread in 'Drifting Chat / Pictures / Videos' started by PhilMorrison, Jan 8, 2013.

1. II TimmiTwoMillTurnover II

II TimmiTwoMillTurnover II Darkside Warrior

Fukin Pmsl that's ironic in the sense I'm having a shit right now. Better check I'm not bleeding haha

2. Mr White

Mr White Drift Bruvvaaaas

i have been taken for 6 grand i love the white knights banging on about how nice he is,he is for a while sucks u in and takes ur money,ive lost 6 grand which was all my sponsorship money plus my hard earnt cash to the tune of £3500 im bot a rich person and work hard for my money!!! as soon as i get a spare 15mins to write the whole story i will,so all u white knights that say hes a good guy ur all dreamers ur his next victim!!!!

3. II TimmiTwoMillTurnover II

I'm not saying he's a good guy, that fukin sucks if that's the case. But to the above post damn I think I strained too hard.

4. Mr White

Mr White Drift Bruvvaaaas

as for this dog eat dog world shit i cant wait till shit like this happens to u, ,i have a family and take that as a personal insult as this has removed money from my family and dont take kindly to people laughing it off im no hero either just a real straight talker

5. kevinLee

kevinLee Member

I've been trying to find a sponsor or two so that I can use my r32 and maybe do something bigger than odc but too be honest I've given up looking/asking. Drifting supposed to be fun and I can't be fucked with stressing cose I wanna use my 32 and better previous results. I'm just gonna leave the 32 in the garage and rape my mx5 on practice days.

My deal with kinzuru means I can whatever I like as long as I drive and do demos when they have them

6. Sam H

Sam H Troll Dispatch

This.

Driftgarage, Driftworks and Japspeed are the only companies I use because they all care about their customers and aren't out to rip people off.

7. II TimmiTwoMillTurnover II

I have a family, mortgage etc. Hence why I took responsibility for that and sold my rb26 14a that I built previous to buying a house and having a child.

Priorities like.

Sorry for your loss, but I must say it won't happen to me. 100% on that fact.

8. docwra

docwra Active Member

How would you avoid the company you imported a car from going "bankrupt" after they have your cash then?? You have control over the Companies House database or something?

This thread shows what this drift "scene" has become - once upon a time it was a bunch of mates helping each other out to have a laugh. Now its backbiting, bigging yourself up and generally being outspoken for internet points, while various shady characters run around in the background ripping folks off and looking out for number 1, fuck everyone else.

9. Stavros

Stavros Active Member

That's bollocks, nothing has changed.

The 'scene' has been full of people ripping people off for cars/parts/money before most people even knew what drifting was, but it seems a lot of people have very short memories- A lot of these people are still around, known and loved.
    And that's not to mention the countless sponsorship ripoff dreamers who have blagged the shit out of big companies in years past, delivered nothing worth while, and these people now wont touch drifting.

Simple fact is though, the UK car scene is dodgy as fuck, always has been, for decades. If its not just plain old ripping people off its a front for stolen cars/parts or drug dealing.
    Couple of big/famous tuners from another scene know each other mostly as they were in prison together for stealing/ringing those very cars before they became respected/worshipped tuners.

10. II TimmiTwoMillTurnover II

No. Be nice if I did lol.

Everything in life is a gamble, purchasing a car from a country on the other side of the world with only pics and a mans word is not for me that's all I'm saying.

Especially if that's all the money I had to my name, putting food on the table is a bit more important to me than a bit of metal.

11. Rubix_Cube

Rubix_Cube Member

[​IMG]

12. II TimmiTwoMillTurnover II

Docwra. You are one of those on here whose horse wears stilettos.

Try walking on the ground and you might not look like such a smug cunt.

13. docwra

docwra Active Member

When I started drifting undoubtedly the best car was Non's S13 because it had over 300hp, coilovers and a carbon bonnet. You may well be right, the whole car "scene" may have been bent since 1896 but right back in the early days of drifting when we were all rocking fairly standard cars no-one was getting ripped off as no-one was looking at JDM parts, ridiculous engine conversions, 500+hp builds, sponsorship or anything else, we just did it for a laugh, certainly not for the adulation and bum kissing from some internet forum.

No doubt you were there when the alloy wheel was invented but you werent in the early drift days or youd remember near standard cars struggling to get sideways in second ........ but none of this ego/internet points bullshit.

Timmi, read some of the supercilious and condescending bullshit youve posted on this thread then fuck right off back into your glass house. :thumbs:

14. II TimmiTwoMillTurnover II

Sun always shines in my house baby. X

15. Stavros

Stavros Active Member

LOL! Right-o.
    I might not have been around on sxoc etc as I didn't have a Jap car, but I've known certain people (JC for example) since about 2001, before he had is silver R32 even, and have seen people getting ripped off drift related since right back when.
    Being on the SXOC so long I'm sure you remember lots of people paying for parts and certain people never delivering them

16. oli_the_thread

Just in this thread alone, albeit no rock solid "evidence" as such although I have no reason to doubt what has been said Phil has been taken for a set of geos ~£400, akinadan ~£15,000, Huxley £300-£700, devilsagaris £23,000 and Mr White for £9,500.
    That's potentially £48,600 of stolen money JUST from the people we've heard from in the last 24 hours, and yet people are still standing up for this slimeball? Yes im sure one of them, if not all could have done things better to protect themselves, but they shouldn't need to, especially when dealing with someone in what I'd consider a high profile in the scene. At a set of bucket seats for an S13 will never excuse or justify any theft be it £25 or £50k
    As far as I'm concerned a thief is a thief

17. docwra

docwra Active Member

Stav, sure people didnt get parts but that was generally Guishnu or Cock failing to send a £50 turbo timer or strut brace, not thousands of pounds being deliberately extracted from people, entire companies going tits, writing off all debts and starting up the next day or sponsorship promises not materialising.

Paying £2000 for HKS coilovers in 2001 might have been over the odds, but if you received them you hadnt been ripped off, just a bit of a tit for paying so much :wack:

#117 docwra, Jan 9, 2013
    Last edited: Jan 9, 2013
  18. Stavros

Stavros Active Member

I can think of whole companies going tits up leaving people massively out of pocket, it's not a new thing, especially if you live in the real car world and not a poxy internet forum.

Your posts make out suddenly this sweet drift world has been corrupted. Bollocks. Rose tinted specs.

19. kevinLee

kevinLee Member

So will the lbd be competing this year?

20. Autospecs

Autospecs JDM Car Export

There is one company who has seen them all come and all go that's still here hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm wonder who that could be.........................................................?