Steffen Guldager S13 Pro Series Build

Thread in 'Project Cars and Builds Threads' started by Steffen.G, Jan 23, 2012.

1. PooM

PooM Member

Awesome build man! Love the fact you can do everything yourself, wish I had the facilities to do the things you do :(

Also, you seems damn good for a learner drifter! Coming from a guy that has never drifted before that is :)

2. Steffen.G

Steffen.G Member

Thanks mate! This is my first proper build, so i've learned alot fabrication wise.. I bought an E46 M3 last week, thats going to be my next build..

Thanks again! :-) ive been told that i have had a sharp learning curve so far, and thats great! Hopefully i can get more seattime soon, now that the car is starting to be rather solid..

3. Steffen.G

Steffen.G Member

And now the motor is out.. Getting a check up before Gatebil!

4. Steffen.G

Steffen.G Member

[​IMG]

Had a great weekend at Gatebil! The car finally worked great! Just a few small problems before sunday evening, when the new transmission broke. All in all a great weekend!

5. Steffen.G

Steffen.G Member

Wow.. Been a while since I updated here.. A lot have happend! Ended up driving a shit load of events after Gatebil, and unfortunatly, the last event I crashed the car.. [​IMG]

It doesnt look that bad, but i took the front as well.

So, i decided to build a new S13. The new chassi is in house, and building has comenced.. I'm seam welding the entire front end this time, want all the respons i can get from the suspention now.

I'm looking to eithet build a S50B30 Turbo engine, or a 2jz this time.. Hopefully with a 4 speed dog box and around 600whp.. :) pictures will come!

6. fitzer

fitzer New Member

some budget and some learner car haha fair play to yea dude

7. Steffen.G

Steffen.G Member

Well, it seems that the level on the cars in Norway are shit high, and that sucks, because i'm soo broke right now! haha!

But that doesnt stop me, signed a new workshop today, so I will be moving up there this week, then i'll start the tubeframing of the frontend, and building the new engine ect.

Also got a few plans considering lock, after a few simulations so far, it seems that we can achieve well over 70degrees.. It'll be rather secret, but I can reveal that we will be using some parts of a VW Transporter, some Supra and some S13.. So it's gonna be a pretty mix!

More pictures to come later this week! I've begun seamwelding the new car now! :)

8. Steffen.G

Steffen.G Member

So alot has happened in the last few days.. Got my self a new shop, so had to move a lot of stuff up there.

Got the car in a few days ago, and since the electrical system isnt quite up to date, my welder would just kill the fuses.. So in the mean time we started cleaning the car, stripping off every last bit of asphalt mats and so on.

Next up is seamwelding the entire body, before I send the car of to cage building, if i dont do it my self..

[​IMG]

Got the car up into a carcrib? If thats the word.. And we as said started cleaning.. I have a goal of making this car mint, regardless of how well specced its going to be..

[​IMG]

I'm grinding everything underneath to bare metal, the seamwelding everything, primer and paint.. Hopefully it will look badass when i'm done..

Hope some of this is interesting for you guys! Got to go keep working now, next season is coming up fast..

9. Steffen.G

Steffen.G Member

Wow, so yeah.. A lot has happend, yet again!

Been on quite the shopping frenzy in the last weeks.

It all started with me landing a couple of new sponsors, giving me great opportunities for making the new car really stick out of the crowd.

I bought a 1JZ-GTE, after hearing the DW R32.. Sounded so mental i kind of had no choice.

Today I bought alot of gadgets for the engine. Picked up a Autronic SM4 ECU, Tial MVR 44mm wastegate, Motronix 850cc injectors, and a Nuke fuelrail.

Also on its way is a topmount T4 manifold, and later theres a big ass Comp Turbo coming. Im looking for around 550whp with this setup, witch should be rather amusing on the track.

The car also got a full Koguchi Power widebody set, a carbonfibre backlid, and a carbon hood is ordered.

So everything is pointing to this car getting alot more spec than first anticipated. Hopefully it will be competivive in the Norwegian PRO Series. Most likely its the driver that needs alot of advancing before I can get any good results.

ahh, and since you guys love pictures, i'll fire some up. Even though it doesnt seem like anyones reading this thread! Ha!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    Also starting to overhaul some parts that need to be reused on the new car. Going for quite the theme here, i supose.

[​IMG]
    And of course a Corona to celebrate, nothing special, just that the car is coming along.

[​IMG]
    Started on the cage. Built in a bracket for the steering column. Its nice and solid!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    And a little bonus picture of the old car in action. Going to miss that car!

10. Steffen.G

Steffen.G Member

[​IMG]

This thing is going to be mean.

11. DevilsTower

DevilsTower full of lulz.

Just thought I'd let you know that at least someone reads the thread, and that I now claim a stint in the passenger seat come July :D

12. NZdrifter

NZdrifter Member

Your new car looks like its guna be real clean and tidy, nice

13. Steffen.G

Steffen.G Member

Hehey! Thanks guys.

NZdrifter: Thank you! Trying to make a proper car this time around. Even though it takes it's tall on my wallet.. Bt definatly worth it!

14. RocketS14

RocketS14 New Member

nice build its going to be sick when done. i also did a 1jz swap to my s13 but its now gone man i miss that car

15. s50b30

s50b30 Member

Nice build!
    What are your plans for cooling?
    Also will the 2jz be on standard internals?

16. Steffen.G

Steffen.G Member

I´m going to build in my Griffin mega radiator. And i might try something with a kind of extra radiator, with a special cooling system, if i get trouble with the heat..

This is actually a 1JZ, but yes, it will be original internals. It should hold 550whp rather well, so i´ll give it a shot.

17. danne23

danne23 New Member

Looking forward to the finished product! See you at Gatebil Rudskogen in july? :D

18. kam

kam I've touched Chris Parry

Lol minimum wage here is like £6.
    Nice project dude :)

19. Steffen.G

Steffen.G Member

Definatly! I´m hopefully going to be in a boot at the pits this year. Got some exiting things planned!

- - - Updated - - -

Wow, i´ve changed job now, up to around 17 pounds a hour. Still not good here in Norway, but a lot better!

Thanks! :)

20. kahl91

kahl91 New Member

Nice thread mate,looks like u only settle for the best which is an awesome change, we only have weekend wannabe's trying to sling spanners on there driveways so im loving the quality........U guys make some serious coin as apprentices, Im a efi performance and turbocharger mechanic, 2nd year and im on $10 AUD/HR