Drift One Anglesey Circuit February 10th.

Thread in 'Drifting Chat / Pictures / Videos' started by JohnJ, Nov 21, 2012.

1. owen_sr

owen_sr Member

Thanks a million to all the driftone peps for organising a top day. Pity about the all the stoppages but think its just a combination of people trying to go too hard in shit conditions. Not going to have a rant about it as I had a class day anways.

If anyone has any pics of my car could ya let me know, was a white navan s14, reg was L57 SWU. Would be much appericated, thanks

2. Sam H

Sam H Troll Dispatch

Some tracks use tractor tyures. You KNOW when you hit one of those.

3. Joe-sef

Joe-sef -Broseph-

great weekend was abit hectic for us putting the engine back together until late on sat night - then the car being totally different with the new set up.

ive messaged John my suggestions for improvement, the Hazards were a great idea, But The responablity is on teh driver before you go for a initation or run, just to have a look at the booths, i just made it a habbit so at the same points on every laps i just looked at the booths.

Some of the driving i saw was AMAZING, some of it appauling. what ever rules you have to put in place to keep this venue do it (sorry if that annoys some people) but its to good to loose and there of plenty of places to either practice and get better, or do you no shits given stupid antics.

people just going at corners like HAHAHAHAHA i span HAHAHAHA im funny ill go harder next time HAHAHA i span on the next corner.. your a dick, start of slow and build up.

hopefully if its dry we can take the chicane off the west course - over that brow top of third sideways is something that all the decent guys need to have to appricate that corner!!

all in all - perfectly ran, perfect organisation great skids with loads of mates!

4. dmm

dmm New Member

Firstly was a wicked day despite the weather i was still hittin good speeds in the e28 and didnt spin too much and only left the circuit once and actually stopped on the tyres so thee saved me getting stuck!

Couple of things the hazard light rule was a great idea but i dont have working hazard lights so couldnt put them on!

I kept missing flags on a number of occasions but noticed i could see the marshalls reflective clothing quite clearly!
    If the flags were illuminous similar to the marshals clothing they could be seen more easily in poor conditions! I have seen these used on other tracks and seems to work better. The flags are important to prevent further accidents and i wouldnt mind paying an extra couple of quid on the entry fee to cover better flags if they had to be provided.

Other than that both tracks were awesome even with the extra chicanes which i found made it a bit more interesting anyway!
    Was an excellent learning day as in the wet you have to be that much smoother and those that were struggling were the ones going waay too fast into things and not feeling for the grip perhaps those who leave the track too often should be offered a passenger ride in a more experienced drivers car for some tuition? I'm not an experienced drifter but some people were definately driving well beyond what they and their cars were capable of causing hold ups and damage to the circuit. I'm sure if there were some buxton style walls around the outside of the bends they would slow a lot of people down!

Anyways It was an amazing day well done to drift one for a well organised event with loads of seat time and plenty of practice.

5. PhilMorrison

PhilMorrison Driftworks Owner
    Staff Member

I was disappointed to see the chicane on the west track at first, Then as we got more comfortable I found it made an awesome flick left entry through the chicane, flick right, and flick left for the corner, and you could carry loads of speed through it. I'd have it there again definitely as it did what it was supposed to and almost no one (that i saw) ended up in that grass/wall this time.

6. victim

victim Bimmer Skidder

I was trying to follow your line through that section of the track but you were just pulling away from me lol. I was carrying the same sort of speed into the corner but as we powered through you were just leaving me.

7. PhilMorrison

PhilMorrison Driftworks Owner
    Staff Member

I was really struggling for grip. Had 10 year old ditchfinder Yoko A539's on the back which are possibly the worst tyre I've ever used. I had them on the front for a few laps in the morning which nearly killed me :wack:. Also the stupid Compact lack of alignment adjustment meant I was running 4 degrees toe out and about 3.5 degrees neg camber.
    Today I've made some modifications to the subframe to adjust out some of the camber and toe and replaced all bushes with Powerflex in an attempt to get a bit of traction - Also got retreads on the back now which have shitloads of grip! So hopefully there will be many more speeds next time!

8. victim

victim Bimmer Skidder

I was giving it as much beans as I could but just couldnt keep up through there lol. I wanna play in the dry. You coming to Wheels in it on 24th March Phil?

9. Clive

Clive Active Member

Glad you agree too, as Me, Sam H and Darren (Red e30 V8) Was on remoulds.,, all agreed how surprising grippie they was.. especially considering the condition!

10. james

james Administrator
    Staff Member

Yeah, I had retreads on the mx5 and I don't think there was anything that managed to pull away from me all day.

11. Sam H

Sam H Troll Dispatch

Drift One Anglesey 10/2/2013 - YouTube

1:58 shows how much grip the treads of malvern remoulds gave in the soaking conditions. AWESOME tyre.

12. Andy_F

Andy_F S13+S15=S28?

Talking of grip, it seemed the track in general had loads more grip in the wet than it should have done - wet racetracks are usually like ice, like when Silverstone is wet it's unbelievably slippy. It must be a very good surface.

13. ali303

ali303 Member

Once again, big thanks to John and the team for a brilliant day and thanks to Joe Ankers for putting up with all of us on Saturday afternoon/night! Oh and thanks to Mrs Joe for all the bacon butties on Sunday morning :D My write-up and the rest of my pics are here: ej9 - UK Car Culture » Drift One at Angelsey

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

14. speedemon-2008

15. Paz

Paz -NIGHTSPIRIT FAMILY- UK Drift Since 2001

Thats bollocks to be fair. If ONE extra chicane lets us keep using the venue, its the smallest price to pay ever. Its still the best venue we have, and i want to keep it.

Take the chicane out, have loads of people destroy the grass, the venue bans us, were back to square one. Yeah that'd be awesome. If it bothers you, stay at Oulton. Id rather drive round a chicane and then rinse around the best venue we've had for years.

16. JohnJ

JohnJ Active Member

My intention with the new chicane was to make a section that would be fun for good drivers but also to slow the less experienced guys down. As Phil said above it worked fine. A small sacrifice if a sacrifice at all.

There were plenty of people there who could use a few more days at Oulton Park TBH. Pulling the same car out of the same bit of grass for the third time - 'Will you calm it dowm a bit mate, this is costing people track time' - 'Nah, there's only an hour left pal, I'm going for it'.

Really.

17. Mini_the_Minx

Mini_the_Minx Member

Perhaps if people consistently take the piss and have no respect for the track or the rest of us, they can be banned from said track for a set time. If they continue, ban them from future events. Just a thought.

18. Andy_F

Andy_F S13+S15=S28?

Who the hell was that? What a shit attitude. :no:

Regarding the chicane, I thought it was OK really. Maybe spread it out slightly so you can go slightly faster though it? A couple of times I ended up in a queue to get through as it was slowing a group down so much.

But like Paz said, best venue ever as far as I'm concerned, I'd volunteer to come and help re-sod the grass if it means keeping Anglesey happy and allowing days to continue there.

19. stacky

stacky Family 4door drifter

Wow.... cant believe someone said that! That's bad form in fairness!
    :no:
    I think the point above about spreading the chicane out a bit more is a good call.
    It's nice to be able to manji up the cork screw a little bit further. My car really needs to be up in the revs in second to catch that entire corner at the top of the hill after the cork screw and I was barely able to get up to a decent speed before the corner.
    It's hardly a make or break though!.... but it would be nicer if it was a bit more spread out so you could keep your speed up that little bit.

20. scouse

scouse Active Member

Talk about the lack of respect what a joke.

john he sounds like a cock exclude him before he jeapardise's your venue he obviously couldn't give a toss
    about anyone else, his attitude stinks by the sounds of things.