'54 BMW 330D Touring in white ***LOW*** and ***CHEAP***

Thread in 'Misc for sale' started by NIcad7, Feb 7, 2013.

1. NIcad7

NIcad7 DRIFT*DIVISION

Hi guys,

Decided to put my E46 330D Tourer up for sale as I'm off to Afghan in 2 months time and don't want this sat around. Ive been so impressed with the car that I also plan on getting an E90 335D Touring when I'm back ;)

So;

2004 (54 Plate) Facelift BMW E46 330D SE Touring Auto
    128500 Miles
    Tax 06/13
    MOT 06/13
    4 Owners

I have owned the car for the past 15 Months. The car is the proper 3L (204hp) engine not the older 184hp version, it's midrange and overtaking ability (torque) is stupendous!

The Engine

The engine is BMW's awesome 3L straight six, which is silky smooth and doesn't grumble half as much as other 330D's I've heard. I have given the car two oil services in my ownership.

I have also removed the troublesome swirl flaps, DPF and EGR valve. This has thrown the engine light on the dash but I planned to remap the car which would have removed this. I still have the original EGR which can be refitted to get rid of the light if you wish, although it causes no running issues. I also have the original DPF that will come with the car. Its also had a new fuel pump and filter less than 2 months ago.

It does need the glow plugs changing which I have bought and will come with the car, it just means it grumbles a little on cold starts for the first 10-20 seconds.

I have also fitted a new upgraded gearbox from Tranzfix. It has an upgraded valving unit and torque converter with a stronger friction plate. If your looking for a 330D auto do your research as the gearboxes can go in an instant and will cost a fortune to repair - hence the new box which cost me £1400 + fitting after the original went. The box has been on the car since Feb 12 and has been perfect since. This is a massive selling point for the car as this has caused many 330D auto owners some serious bills and headaches.

So mechanically all bases are covered and its running in top form giving around 40 MPG urban, 45 Mixed and 50 on a run which is pretty awesome considering how well it shifts, and with the above mods you can have the car remapped to produce 250 Bhp and 375 lb-ft of torque!! :D

Brakes and Suspension

Has had new discs and pads when I first bought the car.

It is also lowered on JOM coilovers running shorter drop links, these are just over a year old. Ive been really impressed with these coilovers, they ride silky smooth as BMW intended, not harsh at all but tight enough to give a sporty feel.

Alignment has also been carried out so it drives nice and straight.

Tyres, I can't remember the make but they have plenty of meat on them.

Interior

I have fitted OBC (On board computer) and the multifunction steering wheel so you have working audio and cruise control.

I fitted a full black leather interior included door cards, all in good condition for the age and extremely comfortable. The boot is huge and with the back seats down you could sleep in there (I have! ;) )

I have also wrapped the interior trims in 3M Carbon wrap which looks awesome.

Never smoked in and cleaned often.

Exterior

Unfortunately the exterior is what lets the car down and is what has brought the price right down compared to other 330D's with the same spec and mileage.

The paint polishes up well but it is not without some annoying dings and scratches with the worst being the front bumper which has a crack. None of it is really noticeable until your pretty close to the car but still annoying none the less. I have been quoted £450 to have it all sorted so not too bad.

It came with a tow bar fitted although it hasnt been wired up yet. I never used it.

It has also had the sunroof deleted for some reason, not that it bothers me. And the roof has been wrapped in gloss black which in my opinion could be done again better but its really not that bad.

I have fitted clear indicators, angel eye's to the original headlights and black kidney grills just to modernise the look of the car.

Pics

These are just pics I have from my phone, please excuse them until I get the chance to clean the car and get some decent pics when it's not pouring down!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I think that's it all pretty much covered, it really is a great car. A little rough around the edges cosmetically but mechanically sound and much improved. Without doubt the best daily I have ever owned, it absolutely eats up long drives in comfort and with the cruise set is an absolute joy. It is cheap to run with tax at £260 for the year, insurance is £550 for me for the year and a £85 tank of fuel goes for nearly 500 miles, with performance to shake off most on the roads its pretty unbeatable as an all rounder. I really can't rate these cars highly enough and can't wait to get my hands on another one in 8 months time.

I'm looking for £2000 ono for a quick sale.

I will be away training until next Sunday so won't be doing any viewings until after the 16th this month but after that viewings are welcome. The car is based in Tidworth near Salisbury although some weekends I travel to London/Kent and also up to Norwich sometimes if that helps anyone.

You can PM me on here or call 07403 230 531

Thanks!

Will.

EDIT: Just found out the Car is an Ex Cat D. Don't know any other details I'm afraid.

#1 NIcad7, Feb 7, 2013
    Last edited: Mar 4, 2013
  2. NIcad7

NIcad7 DRIFT*DIVISION

Any interest?

3. chunk

chunk Raging Alcoholic

Guessing as your going on tour you wouldn't be interested in a swap for a 2001 e46 330ci se convertible, manual, in silver, 9 months mot, 4 months tax, 92k, 18" mv2 wheels with new rubber, leather, navigation, everything works spot on.

I really need a auto diesel, but until the cabby sells, I can't afford yours lol

Cheers

4. NIcad7

NIcad7 DRIFT*DIVISION

Afraid not man, I want more diesel power when Im back! ;)

5. NIcad7

NIcad7 DRIFT*DIVISION

BTTT, will be going on eBay soon

6. LOKISY

LOKISY Member

Chip it and its pretty much an m3 :).

7. NIcad7

NIcad7 DRIFT*DIVISION

8. NIcad7

NIcad7 DRIFT*DIVISION

Finally gave the car a good clean today and got some decent pics. This is one hell of a car for the money I'm after!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I've also listed the car on eBay, starting tomorrow evening at £0.01 and no reserve as I need to get this sold. I'll stick a link on here when it's up for anyone who's interested.

9. Nickson-Msport

Nickson-Msport Active Member

tempted! need a decent daily and always been keen on the bmw 330d. will keep an eye on this.

10. NIcad7

NIcad7 DRIFT*DIVISION

Also forgot to add I fitted an auxiliary cable today so you can plug your phone/ipod etc through the radio ;)

11. danny_boi

danny_boi novice

I want so much I really need a daily

Sent from my LT30p using Tapatalk 2

12. NIcad7

NIcad7 DRIFT*DIVISION

13. NIcad7

NIcad7 DRIFT*DIVISION

Just found out this is an Ex Cat D

So if anyone want's it I can let it go for £2000.00

14. NIcad7

NIcad7 DRIFT*DIVISION

Need this gone pretty sharpish chaps!

A stupendous amount of good car for the money here.

15. mestew87

mestew87 Member

Do you need any parts as a trade ?

16. Bolf

Bolf Resident Nut Job.

How come it didn't go on ebay man , My missus wants this bad! lol

17. NIcad7

NIcad7 DRIFT*DIVISION

Well it did go on eBay, the guy turned up and was happy with the car - then done a hpi check and told me it is an ex Cat D.

I was pretty gutted and he was pretty pissed off and left! Haha!

18. NIcad7

NIcad7 DRIFT*DIVISION

Erm unless you have a low
    Mileage B18C6 engine with an LSD equipped gearbox not much else Im after

19. Nickson-Msport

Nickson-Msport Active Member

could still be interested. do u know what the damage was to get the cat d and when it was? cheers

20. NIcad7

NIcad7 DRIFT*DIVISION

It was in 2009 and from what I can see was front nearside corner.