Drift One Buxton Weekender - March 16th & 17th.

Thread in 'Drifting Chat / Pictures / Videos' started by JohnJ, Feb 26, 2013.

1. JohnJ

JohnJ Active Member

So the first event at Buxton this year. And for the fourth season at this venue the first price rise.

It's still a tenner to get in, still a tenner to be a passenger and still a tenner per extra driver, but due to rising costs it will now be £20 to drift your own car per day. I really should have done this last year but put it off,this year it is a necessity.

This event is at Buxton raceway, about 3 miles from Buxton town at SK17 0RR.

The timetable will be something like this:

Friday night - camping available. Depending on numbers the bar may be open.

Saturday. Drift practice from 9 am. We will run a Team drift event from around 4pm if there are enough people there. Don't worry if you're coming on your own and want to enter, you'll soon make some friends here. The team comps at the last few events were amazing!

Drift One, Buxton 01/09/12 - Team Competition - YouTube

There will be a tyre van, £5 per rim to change tyres.

Practice sessions are tailored to drivers ability. If you are new and want to go out alone that's fine, let us know. If you're with a mate and want to practice twinning then queue up together and let the gate men know. You'll see the regular guys going out in huge trains, I've seen 14 or more, quite something.

Saturday night. Bar open until late. Mayhem and daft games all night. Camping free. There are good clean toilet facilities for a wash in the morning but no showers or hot water.

Sunday. Circuit opens at 12 for practice. Then at 3 we'll have the ODC competition. This will be on a different track layout to whatever practice track we've had and is open to everyone as it is also the qualifying for the Twin Drift Battle afterwards.

There will be a minimum of an hour's practice afterwards if you aren't competing.

There's a burger van on site and a bar open. Anyone thought to be drinking and drifting will be breathylised. (Never had to do it yet!)

£10 per day to get in for every adult. £20 to put your car on track (per day), and £10 to be a passenger. Kids get in free. Passenger rides available.

Please read the timetable above and understand what you are coming to. Also the competition is open to EVERYONE so don't worry about your level of ability, you're welcome to have a go.

Oh, we don't bother with lists. If you are coming then come. If not then don't. We'll be there whatever.

Can't wait!

#1 JohnJ, Feb 26, 2013
    Last edited: Feb 27, 2013
  2. scottc1088

scottc1088 Member

Will def be there, a few late nights should get the car ready :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3. gazwhittle

gazwhittle Member

Thought we might of got some more seat time on Sunday with the price rise? Can't wait anyway.

4. rutter

rutter Member

Need to get my ass in gear and get that diff sorted and transport for the mx

5. Broadley

Broadley Member

Looks like I won't be driving this one, unless I can find a new job very soon. Still be there for the laughs though.

6. tippers

tippers Active Member

Camera?

7. baza30

baza30 Member

Very pleased to say ill be there back togging this year cant wait... winter is too long.

8. Broadley

Broadley Member

Good idea, I still have my PLI so I'll steal Ryans camera.

9. gitgroup

gitgroup Member

I cant wait. Just need to change the stat housing on mine and im good to go.

10. dacky20

dacky20 Member

cant wait now and the rise in price was exspected at some point tbh and all is good in my opinion

11. chidley

chidley i like fingers

I'm on this like herpes on a hooker

12. BBradders87

BBradders87 Member

I'll probably fly up for the practice on Saturday as I have work Sunday . But it'l be my first tract experience so be gentle guys lool

13. JohnJ

JohnJ Active Member

Going to try and get thru the passengers earlier and get you on track for 10.30 - 11.00.

14. TeamCommit

TeamCommit Member

^^^^^^^^:nod::nod::nod:

15. dacky20

dacky20 Member

a quick question the price to drift per a car has gone upto £20 and the gate entry is still £10 but if we come down saturday and stop over do we have to pay the £10 gate entry again ?
    cheers tim

#15 dacky20, Feb 27, 2013
    Last edited: Feb 27, 2013
  16. be11

be11 camber king

yipeeeeeee time to shred thos tyres i bought of you john! i have your wheels and a shiney £20 note for you mate

17. Magic_Performance

good question actualy...

18. Smiffy

Smiffy Member

Yup i was thinkin this too... Still looking forward to comin up to buxton this year... Best place ive ever had a hangover! Lol

19. TeamCommit

TeamCommit Member

would like o know too :)

20. greenbug22

greenbug22 Member

I would of though so.. its up to you if you come sat morning or sat night or sunday morning either way there will be a gate fee. at the end of the day if you do one day its 30quid or 50 for weekend... still cheaper than anywhere else guys