Old battered Skykine build

Thread in 'Project Cars and Builds Threads' started by Jamess, Feb 5, 2013.

1. Jamess

Jamess Member

Old (Now not so) battered Skyline build

Well I'm usually a lurker but now I'm started to learn some shit I might as well get my build out.

I've got a fairly colourful car history. Including engine swapped civics, FD rx7's and a couple of e36's.

a year or so ago I decided I'd finally get into drifting. So I built this thing up and decided it was fucking gay so I sold it:

[​IMG]

So then I wasn't into drifting anymore because all I had was my bagged hard Parker:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

i absolutely loved that car and vowed never to sell it ever. So naturally I sold it last week.

by this time I'd decided I wanted another slut to start drifting in. I was on the prowl for anything Nissan really. Thought I'd end up in an s14 but stuff happened and I wound up with this:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Now it looks pretty good in these pics, but really it's a bag of dicks.

It's a '92 r32 gts-t
    RB25
    front mount
    blitz nur spec
    apexi filter
    spitfire coilpacks
    omp wheel
    couple of gauges
    cusco dash dodger
    short shifter
    veilside driver and cobra ugly ass blue passenger seats
    Standard s14 wheels with 15mm spacers and extended studs

Blah blah I forgot the rest but that's about it:

[​IMG]

I ordered up some nice cheap ass easily replaceable wheels and some nice cusco coils while I was waiting to pick it up:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

That left her like this:

[​IMG]

Oh and I padded my cage as I was nearly giving myself brain damage whenever I got excited:

[​IMG]

So after that I've just been enjoying driving it. I'm no DK by any stretch but I'm getting pretty confident in it already and it feels pretty easy and forgiving to slide. I can't wait to get to a dwyb.

In the mean time I had a nice month long dispute with eBay/ PayPal over some scrotum who wouldn't send me my over fenders I'd paid for. I got them eventually, and I'm pretty confident they're the worst overs ever produced:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

So after a month or so of abuse and a set of rear tyres I was smelling a fuel leak. After jacking her up and having a look, it seems its coming from the top of the tank (pretty sure it's not the pump seal) so I've got to drop the tank.. I thought while I'm here ill pull the skirts and spats to see how much of its made of chocolate. It's not too bad, but its bad enough for me to want to give it the whole shebang underneath while I'm here. Subframe rebuild, sill rust repairs, over fenders, underseal, the lot.

So that's where I'm at. I'll leave you with pics of the ugly stuff. I'll update as I patch her up and begin absusing her again.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Sorry for that essay..

#1 Jamess, Feb 5, 2013
    Last edited: May 9, 2013
  2. chopaholic

chopaholic Well-Known Member

Looks to be a nice base man, not overly keen on them rear overs. Best of luck with the project.

3. Ross.

Ross. Active Member

An entertaining read!

Bargain car too, you got it cheap.

Those XXR's are possibly the worst looking wheel I've set eyes on.

Other than that it's looking good!

4. ross_striker

ross_striker Active Member

lol good read!

and glwtb! :dw:

5. sideways bob

sideways bob Member

Good to see others lurking then popping up randomly! nice build dude

6. victim

victim Bimmer Skidder

Love it already. I want a 32 in my life!

7. Jamess

Jamess Member

Hahaha ouch! I like my XXR's!

Oh and the overs were just plonked on over the skirts/ spats. They go on the bare quarter, then the skirts go over the top. They're just Oem style GTR arches

#7 Jamess, Feb 5, 2013
    Last edited: Feb 5, 2013
  8. Blackett

Blackett No Comment

Looks like its got a lot of potential. Over fenders are the same as I had on my 32, I like the XXRs.

Ian. :)

9. stinky 32

stinky 32 Member

i like XXR's aswell and its got the same rear 1/4s as mine to

10. Xlsimmylx

Xlsimmylx New Member

Looking good mate, lots of potential. Ill be keeping my eye on this one.

11. DopeStep

DopeStep Member

Found it! Thought it would be you with my old Breytons on the wagon! Such a nice car! Anyways, r32 looks good man! Liking the plans and look forward to seeing some tastey wheel fitment!! Oh and big skids of course!!

12. Jamess

Jamess Member

Well here we are at update time!!

I got sick of looking at the car on stands and rain and lack of light stopping me getting shit done. So I decided to patch it up and kick the fuck out of it until the summer allows me to really get stuck in and fit the over fenders and new drift works 4 arm kit.

So I whipped the tank out and long story short the tank is great, as are the lines. So I re-sealed and bolted the pump down and hey presto! Fixed.

Clean tank:

[​IMG]

Then I set apon the arches. They needed a roll/ pull to get the wheels clear so I can wind her down.

So flaring happened:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

And he's the amount I pulled:

[​IMG]

One arch just got mullered, the other actually fell apart.. Haha. So I just cut it out and welded it up. Think of it as an r32 soft tail or something :)

[​IMG]

So then I ground them both down and painted them temporarily, which looks a lot better:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

So now after bolting the skirts and spats back on, she's back!! And taking a whole lot of abuse :D I'd post some vids I've taken, but I'd probably get arrested, so it'll have to wait till after DWYB Saturday, which I can't wait for!!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

So yesterday me and the car when for a 80 mile trek. Resulting in one leaking bastarding cusco coilover, and a hanging off GTR bumper. Arse.

So happily tomorrow my DW 2013 handling pack arrives! Some very nice CS1's and the DW 4 arm kit. Stoked.

Oh and ill get a pick of my weekend work. Which was viscous removal, and new alloy rad and silicone hoses, along with a HKS turbo timer.

All in all, I bought this car to have fun, and by god I'm having fun.

#12 Jamess, Mar 5, 2013
    Last edited: Mar 5, 2013
  13. DopeStep

DopeStep Member

Yes mate nice update! Car looks way better with the arches bodged up for now, and good to hear youre out there having some fun in it! Wish i could say the same for myself! :(

14. Funkmeister'89

Nice! Love it. Can't believe how well the wheels fit! What size offset and tyres did you go for, it's spot on!

15. afwjan

afwjan Member

Good looking car and well written thread!!! :D keep it up!!!

16. Jamess

Jamess Member

Thanks guys.

Funkyfuckmeisterman the wheels are 18x9.75 with a 225/40

17. Funkmeister'89

Where are you based dude? I'd love to come have a gander at the swap if that's cool... And you're not miles away :)

18. Jamess

Jamess Member

I'm in Cambridge bro. Bit of a trek from Bournemouth!

#18 Jamess, Mar 5, 2013
    Last edited: Mar 6, 2013
  19. Funkmeister'89

Not opposite ends but yea a few hours. I do travel a shit load for work though.

20. dread

dread Member

Looks too clean, imma crash into it ;)